Author Topic: Is this the start of planking?  (Read 606 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Is this the start of planking?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »
I reckon you're being a little too forgiving. It may not be a problem now but it won't get any better in the future so try and solve the situation asap. I had a problem with a new car and they service dept said they'd fix this trim problem at the next service seeing its a warranty issue. Next service fell due after the warranty ran out and they told me to stick it basically and offered a replacement at a reduce price.

Try to avoid a similar situation. If you're not happy, then don't just put up withy it as you'll just get more pissed later on when you can't resolve the situation.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 08:25:16 AM »
Well i just got an awesome response back from stern once i enquired about a new playfield here is a copy/paste of the email they sent, all i can say is stern are an awesome company  ^^^ ^^^ $#$ $#$

Hi Ben,
I would like to send you a warranty replacement playfield for your BBH game.  I will send your playfield with the next parts shipment going to Damien at Pinball Spare Parts.  I have copied Damien from Pinball Spare Parts on this email just to keep him in the loop of what I am doing.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »
Well i just got an awesome response back from stern once i enquired about a new playfield here is a copy/paste of the email they sent, all i can say is stern are an awesome company  ^^^ ^^^ $#$ $#$

Hi Ben,
I would like to send you a warranty replacement playfield for your BBH game.  I will send your playfield with the next parts shipment going to Damien at Pinball Spare Parts.  I have copied Damien from Pinball Spare Parts on this email just to keep him in the loop of what I am doing.

Great customer service there.  Definitely pays to always speak to the manufacturer first.

I would highly recommend to get your new NOS (well not really NOS as they are still new) one clear coated to add a bit more protection.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 11:07:30 AM »
Great result.....good to see a fair dinkum problem being resolved. Looking at the thread screamed at me that the PF was just not right.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »
Great out come ,Stern steps up to the Mark again .Pat is an awesome bloke and is very well respected by Gary .
As I mentioned in my pass post , they helped me out heaps with my NIB Elvis Gold and SMB.
I have full confidantes in any future Pinball's I buy from Gary .

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
MY NIB TSPP is the same - doesnt worry me at all!
I see at as the natural wood grain

MY LOTR LE no, my SM no, my POTC slight to no

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 08:00:44 PM »
After looking at LOTR LE again it has the wood grains visible on an angle as well
3/4 Sterns have it so it must be common
My AFM has it as well
I gotta take some closeup photos as well and score 3 free playfields!!!

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 02:49:44 PM »
After looking at LOTR LE again it has the wood grains visible on an angle as well
3/4 Sterns have it so it must be common
My AFM has it as well
I gotta take some closeup photos as well and score 3 free playfields!!!
%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%