Author Topic: NEW PIN ARRIVED 2DAY !  (Read 526 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: NEW PIN ARRIVED 2DAY !
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
Nice one enjoy your new toy Peter

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »
Congrats Brett is that it for now or can you still squeeze a few more in  #*#

John, Officially, to the wife, I have said that 30 pins is enough.!

But UNOFFICIALLY, she has never actually counted the machines, so if I add the extra 15 or more that I need for my QLD arcade idea, she will never even know.  ^^^
Future purchasing and delivery of said machines will now be done on the quiet.  Ssshhhhhh !  ^^^

Daniel, the fan is working fine !  *%*

That would be awesome to see a real pinnie arcade again,i would make the trip up to the goldy for a couple of days for the sole purpose of dropping some coin.hope you get the idea  off the ground brett ^^^

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »

we always replace the fans now ...
or at least have a spare mate

mark

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »
Brett take my advice, the fan needs replacing.
The reason why it was making the noise is because the bearing is worn.
The fans are dirt cheap and only have a limited life.
The fan may slow down or stop without making noise due to the worn bearing and if this happen the CPU will overheat.
It's your choice, replace a fan or you may end up with a cooked CPU.
These CPUs are no longer made.
So if it dies it could be an expensive lesson (Remember when you didn't follow my advice with your voyager)
The following is from http://www.pinrepair.com/pin2000/index.htm

2b. Before Turning the Game On: Check/Replace the CPU Processor Chip Fan

Like all Pentium personal computers, the Pinball 2000 CPU processor has a fan strapped to the top of the CPU chip. This fan also acts like a metal heat sink. This fan is very important, as the CPU chip itself can overheat and "seize".

Although Williams used a ball bearing fan, the fan can fail very quickly. Often after some weeks of operation they need to be replaced. When replacing them remove the foil between the fan and the processor chip. Instead use 'Thermoleitpaste thermal conducting paste'. This white paste is available at Radio Shack in a small tube. Non-working fans can get so hot the metal block had turned light green instead of the original dark green color that came from Williams.

The CPU fan, which can easily fail.

Replace the CPU Fan.
      Replacement CPU chip fans can be bought easily in the $5 to $20 range. It's just plain smart to replace this fan when buying a pinball 2000 game, because these fans do wear out, and there is no way to tell "how many miles" an old fan has. So just replace it! For a really nice, high-end model, check out PCPowercooling.com (the suggested model is their CPU-Cool Z1 Skt 7), or from Indek.com (the suggested model is their HDF5010L-12HB).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:13:53 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 11:22:26 PM »
I'd open the box and make sure the fan isn't making the noise because it's stopped spinning lol.   I have ordered one for mine if it fits I'll post a link to the eBay listing
+1 my exact thoughts.

It sounds like a few people are going to the Darkside and considering P2000. I think that's great as most know I'm a fan and its nice to hear some positive stuff than the usual thing like it killed pinball etc etc.

Hope your RFM gives you months/years of pleasure but maybe lay off with the banging  !@#
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline tstevens

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 12:41:55 AM »
A new addition arrived today.  $#$
A short note to thank Mark C from PSP. As usual, great service, great pricing, and most of all, A GREAT PLAYFIELD as usual.
Thanks to Mark, Daniel and all the guys at PSP for picking me out a great machine.  ^^^

I have wanted a REVENGE FROM MARS for a long time and was able to order one 3 or 4 weeks back when Mark mentioned he had a container coming in.  ^^^

I unpacked the machine around lunch today and I am very happy. #*#

The cabinet is excellent, with only the sides of the headbox needing a little attention/redecalling if u want to be overly conscious. I am over the moon here, cause I told Mark I didnt care about the cabinet given I wanted to fully redecal any machine that came. I only have to do the headbox's if I want to do it down the track to make it perfect, but it doesnt have to have it at all.
The playfield is AMAZING. Like new. No wear anywhere at all, not even around the sink hole etc.  *%*

Heres the great thing about this machine, I did a fault test, no faults at all, and the computer tells me I only have to replace 5 bulbs on the whole machine.
WTF, how cool is that.  ^^^ So friggin easy to test everything. Nothing to replace, nothing to do. I have to pinch myself !

I really bought this machine because I wanted something different and I love it already.
Again, thanks Mark C and if anyone wants a great bang for ya buck machine, give a PIN 2000 - Revenge from Mars a go cause I reckon it makes all the other machines look a little old hat with the technology they have used.  Some people love this game, others maybe not, but the technology here is a big step up from a conventional pinball machine. Love it. Love it. Love it.  (pictures uploaded tonight)  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

+1 AGREE 100% as i just bought a RFM from Mark 2 weeks ago that i got today and same deal with your machine COT kine is the same.I have been after a RFM for last 2 years after playing it non stop for the last 2 years at Willies during the NZ meets and i knew i had to get my own!!

Just got off it before after having it home at 4pm ,Havent done any tests yet so will do all that tomorrow night but playfield is awesome,Body has its usaul scuff marks here and there but nothing too drastic so have to admit i am a very happy man as well......I love pin 2000 and glad to officially be an owner of one now and RFM is an awesome game BUT scongrats to you COT on your RFM pick up.....Enjoy ^^^
Troy Stevens
(Cant Live Without My Genie!!)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »
Yes Beaky, I will certainly let u install the new fan if u want to make sure the $10 part continues to cool the CPU etc on my new RFM.

(Also, we had to replace the Hard Drive in Voyager anyway cause you couldnt crack the software and back up the Linux Operating system anyway) lol

It seems quite afew people have bought a Revenge From Mars from Mark C of late.  ^^^  Seems like alot of fun to me. Something different for a change.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »
Yes Beaky, I will certainly let u install the new fan if u want to make sure the $10 part continues to cool the CPU etc on my new RFM.

(Also, we had to replace the Hard Drive in Voyager anyway cause you couldnt crack the software and back up the Linux Operating system anyway) lol

It seems quite afew people have bought a Revenge From Mars from Mark C of late.  ^^^  Seems like alot of fun to me. Something different for a change.  ^^^
my software was able to ghost the 1st hard drive but not the replacement ( 2 different brands)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »

yes mate we have sold 4 in the last 2 weeks .. and had another large lot of pk2000 arrive
will have a nucore one set up again and a star wars one too

mark

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:18 AM »
Nice one Brett .
Let's get this party going on the Gold Coast  #*#