Author Topic: Who threw out a pinball machine in waverly, Victoria?  (Read 1112 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)

Personally, I prefer the law of "finders keeps, losers weepers" .. .. .. ;)
I vote that law to be added into Aus Law immediately  *)* %$%

Marty Machine

Hang on Marty Machine, I'll need your mate's details as this is my machine. I kind of misplaced it the other day and believe it or not...I'm stuffed where I left it. Thank Christ someone found it for me.
These things happen as you get older. I remember misplacing my wife in the middle of the Simpson desert and lucky for me some dumb arse (I mean kind person) returned her to me.
So you can see I have a track record of misplacing stuff.....I'm not lying...it is mine....true  %.%
ummm, ok, i've sent him your number.....although he may have misplaced it.....  :lol :lol :lol

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Sorry.  I didnt realise it was a specific "council clean up" and if it was side by side with other stuff from the same house with definate other garbage. ? ?

The way I read it, was that it was "assumed" that it might be a council clean up.

We might have to go the the replay referee.lol to see if it was or wasnt a definate official council clean up with everyone in the street having stuff all outside, ore just one pinball machine sitting out by itself as someone drove past.

But, ya have to admit, a perfect pinball just left outside in the context i read it under, i thought it was suspect. !@# !@# !@#

p.s - its not often i ask Nick (Pinnies4me) to provide a lawful explanation of the "stealing by finding" law, but it certainly exists in all states of Australia to my knowledge.
Yes, it was council "garbage", i didnt bother to mention that the pinnie was being used as a table to support 10 smaller boxes of shit on it and under it....

and to correct everyone, it actually *IS* theft to take council cleanup rubbish off the naturestrip here in VIC at least.
While EVERYONE does take stuff, doesnt make it legal ;-)
In fact some suburbs now have council patrol/sherriffs office to issue fines....they now pull over vans full of TV sets and ask where they got them from etc....

Of course, council can't be everywhere at once, so everyone still gets away with it...

anyhoo....

sounds like a stupid law, as far as i can see by people grabbing stuff from the kurb & recycling it, it will lower the amount of land fill.
Up here it is theft to take anything from a tip face, there is a thing called scavenger rights.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
a big money maker these days is finding scrap metal.

"Scrappers" as the like to call themselves can make thousands of dollars a week trading in old washing machines, fridges, etc etc. But you arent allowed to just pick it up from anywhere cause the cops get involved. Hence, most "scrappers" i know do it at night ! lol  ^^^

Any pictures of the "Partyzone" pinball find yet ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Marty Machine

Any pictures of the "Partyzone" pinball find yet ?
Nah, i didnt have camera with me when i saw it, although it's "just another Party Zone" i think we all know what they look like ;-)
Overall, i'd give it a 9/10 for quality, minimal work needs doing.
MM.