Author Topic: Bike City Warehouse / Pinball warehouse - anyone dealt with them?  (Read 750 times)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
I've seen BikeCity Warehouse / Pinball Warehouse advertise stuff on ebay. Recently there was a project Nugent on with a starting price of $900. Needless to say, no bids. I emailed the seller to offer a cash price if no bids were received - not even a response. Second time this has happened. Are these guys just rude or don'r care? Anyone done business with them? Are they AP members?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline bigdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
I have. Quite unremarkable all round, but my advice (as with all machines) is to inspect the machine first. Seeing your in Sydney, get a member in Melb to drop by and take a look. That way no matter who you deal with you will know what your getting. IMO
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Not AP members to the best of my knowledge. Like any transaction, it is always best to view the machine in person or have someone local to inspect the machine. If that is not possible, ask for as many pictures as possible.

Given the fact it is just a project machine, there won't be an active "push" to sell it. No sales pitch - they probably just want to get rid of the machine without any fuss. I guess if the emails are not answered - keep trying, call them or wait until it is finally relisted at a lower price.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Best if you can inspect in person, or get somebody you trust to inspect

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Very rude all round imo. Tried to buy a S&S off him. A lot of wear and was asking $3800 working. Asked for a cash price his answer "don't buy it, i don't care. I'll sell it eventually for that price"

He was sitting on what looked to be about 100+ machines at the time. All EM's and SS's. Such a waste being in the hands of someone like that.

Needless to say i found an S&S for $1000  #*#

Back on topic....$900 is to expensive for a Nugent. Wasn't Greg selling his for that  !@# WORKING!!!
.....something witty here

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I have found Rob from Bikecity to be very good. A straight shooter and he has never let me down.

I think its always best to phone people directly as emails can get lost in the system and accidentally overlooked.

He does have some beautiful machines, and some are priced very well. I still see Mark C first but.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
When i first looked at buying a pin i emailed both bike city and mark-c,bike city never replied.enough said.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I might have a chat to Rob from Bikecity and tell him that his email system may be costing him money. $   !@#

I am sure he would be the first to thank someone for providing some constructive feedback.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Go meet the guy, he is a top bloke. But remember, everyone can have a bad day, sometimes.lol  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
I have brought 2 pinballs from rob and both were in excellent condition and well priced (for a dealer anyway), I have found him good to deal with and occasionally I will drop in & see him and he is happy to have chat. Also his after sales service is good, when one of my pinball developed a problem not long after I brought it, he promptly organized for a tech to come to my house to sort it out.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I bought a couple of projects. Didn't enjoy the experience of dealing with that outfit.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

Go meet the guy, he is a top bloke. But remember, everyone can have a bad day, sometimes.lol  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

He must have a lot of bad days going by the responses here  #@#
.....something witty here

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
I bought a project Firepower and a few playfields off him about a year ago.
He was fine to deal with,I didn't  have any problems.

I agree not getting back to people either by email or phone is pretty piss poor, but unfortunately it is a sign of the busy times we live in ( no excuse though).

I am a tradesman and without doubt the biggest gripe that customers have is lack of communication with companies/ tradesmen  that they have to deal with.

If they have a project game that you really want then just keep ringing them until you get an answer.
Its not like there a dozens of other places out there with bargain priced pinball projects .

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Been there done that and wil never ever do it again.  The nice machines in the bike shop are his 'personal collection' and weren't for sale when I was there.  Was offered a machine for a certain price one day, rang up about it several days later and the price had jumped substantially and was told, "that's how much it was the other day." or words to that effect.  I won't even go into the condition of the machines I bought - I got stung as a Noob and will never forget it.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Good old Rob!  %.%

I bought 4 machines off him. No problems each time. Just give him his own sh*t back and he'll respect you for it. I found him "entertaining" to deal with but you need to play along or else "no soup for you".