Author Topic: Why no love for Dirty Harry?  (Read 541 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Why no love for Dirty Harry?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 08:18:19 PM »
Sounds like there is actually quite a bit of love for Dirty Harry which is great. I'll certainly have my eye out for one. I could see why you might swap a Congo for a pristine DH - but I think (limited knowledge on this) the Congo probably outdoes DH in the market (Congo seems to have developed a keen following)? Guess it comes down to condition.

Cavey are u going to powdercoat all legs same colour or match to games? And do u prefer the powdercoat to chrome?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »
Have done chroming and powder coating , both black and multi colours etc for powder oat

Chromed slot of stuff in past as well
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 12:09:30 PM »
Okay ta Cave - was just wondering if the powder-coater was going to be doing 200 black legs when u get your games out of storage - or different sets of colours (eg. 20 blue legs, 80 black legs etc). Lol - he'll hate pinball by the time he's finished  :lol

I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »
Cavey, you Really mean 44 Magnum, "the most powerful handgun in the world"

Make my day Punk - 357 Magnum shoots pinball thief ten times. Lol
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 12:49:08 PM by pinballheaven »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 03:08:41 PM »
Yes, you are correct I believe. I always thought Dirty Harry used a 357 in his earlier movies but that's just from memory and it's probably not accurate from the classic movies I saw 20 plus years ago.

At the pistol range I have used both the 357 and a 44. Even the strongest of grips and wrists feel the mule kick from these revolvers. Modern lighter versions are different but if u want to feel what Dirty Harry experienced u have to go old school 70,s style to feel the original weight and kick.

The modern 9 mm pistols (which most modern police and security etc use) are so much lighter and so much easier to get very close groupings from.
If anyone has ever wondered what it's like to experience all the hand guns (pistols) you see on Iconic TV shows and movies, join a local gun club. Easily found and listed under SSAA (Sporting Shooters Assocs.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »
Okay ta Cave - was just wondering if the powder-coater was going to be doing 200 black legs when u get your games out of storage - or different sets of colours (eg. 20 blue legs, 80 black legs etc). Lol - he'll hate pinball by the time he's finished  :lol

Prob 90 percent black.
Powder coating does offer dozens of great colours though.