Author Topic: Example of the good sellers - pinball covers.  (Read 664 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Example of the good sellers - pinball covers.
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »
Hi. Keeping the trend alive re good sellers I just wanted to give a  ^^^ to a (shock, horror) ebay seller of  machine covers. After searching locally I had to go o/s to order. They are not super cheap but they are a superb fit (on my bally standard width & my williams wide body at least), plus the quality & the customer service is excellent. Shipping makes the cost of 1 cover somewhat prohibitive - but the shipping marginal cost for an additional cover in my case was small - so bulk shipping would be the way to go.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221070153806?nav=SEARCH
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:04:39 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Example of the good sellers - pinball covers.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:31:35 PM »
Can I ask you a question on these covers please.

The price per cover (one machine is $39.99 USA) and the shipping to Australia for one item is

how much ? For 1 x cover ?
How much ? For 2 x covers ? And so on ?

(Obviously the $12.90 price is USA shipping only)

I would be interested in buying some of these and getting multi coloured embroidery done locally on the front facier of the Headbox material cover to show the Games indentity etc .
Eg- ACDC or X Men or Star Trek etc and even add a coloured Stern Logo for the Sterns I have etc.

It looks like a good product and cheap enough to do a colourful mod by adding the multi coloured embroidery to dress them up and personalise them.

You could even buy a spare Translite and secure it to the materials headbox facier to personalise these inexpensive covers. (Anyone else like the embroidery or add translite to front window idea or cut out part front facier to see translite artwork ?)

Any info about postage to Australia for 1 x or multiple buys from your experience would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:35:28 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:51:07 PM »
PM sent Cavey .

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
From memory the shipping (at the time I bought them) was around US$50 (expensive I know  
- but they are fairly heavy). However it was only another US$10 for the 2nd cover. I'm sure they'd give a much more appealing deal on a bulk buy. I looked everywhere and these were the only decent covers I could find. TiltLA (also on ebay & which may even be a connected company seems to have the same or very similar product for a similar price). Other than that nadda - nothing that didn't look like a teapot cossie. I like the idea of customising somehow for each pin. Happy to hear if there are some good covers being sold in Oz already - I might have missed them!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:05:09 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 10:20:24 PM »
Andy there's a guy ( not from Australia ) who makes some fantastic covers , with or without machine name embroideries . A little bit dearer than the ebay ones you posted , but I think they look as though they fit a bit better than the ebay ones .

I don't want to go off topic in this thread but I'll PM you the details .

Maybe you and Cavey might be able to do a group buy ?

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:07 PM »
Cool - thanks cruiserman - that's fine to go off thread as I asked on AP earlier & didn't get any recommendations. A bit more for customised & better qual sounds good - thanks for the pm but you should feel free to share if you like (thanks for the courtesy of not trolling the thread ^^^). Pinwest make some but they are not for me - diamond pattern on cab just looks out of place IMO - but the one's you've found look great.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:45:39 PM by andypinboy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »
PM sent Cavey .

Recieved and thankyou Scott !  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:38 PM »
From memory the shipping (at the time I bought them) was around US$50 (expensive I know  
- but they are fairly heavy). However it was only another US$10 for the 2nd cover. I'm sure they'd give a much more appealing deal on a bulk buy. I looked everywhere and these were the only decent covers I could find. TiltLA (also on ebay & which may even be a connected company seems to have the same or very similar product for a similar price). Other than that nadda - nothing that didn't look like a teapot cossie. I like the idea of customising somehow for each pin. Happy to hear if there are some good covers being sold in Oz already - I might have missed them!

Thankyou for the heads up.
Did u end up using all the ones you purchased ?
Don't have a sample to sell ?

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 11:49:03 PM »
All being used Cavey - I'm very happy with them but out of these & Scott's suggestion I'd definitely go with Scott's as tailor-made.

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 12:20:54 AM »
Cruiserman, would you please PM me the details of the guy too if you don't mind, as we have been looking for covers for our pins and having the names on them sounds cool. Cheers and thank you andypinboy for the ebay link :)

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »
No probs McKie1 . I'll send you the link . The guy / thread can be found on Pinside but I don't want to clutter up this forum with stuff from other forums .

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 12:18:40 AM »
I have been looking all over pinside for these covers but I can't find it.  *!@
I need one that will fit my cirqus voltaire that has the backbox scroll set.  Can I be a pain and ask for some info on it..
Thanks.
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
 $&& skywalker
Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »
his mum's gonna be busy  *%*