Author Topic: Thank you Daniel  (Read 1083 times)

Offline shansta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Thank you Daniel
« on: October 17, 2010, 11:20:41 AM »
Had terrific night at Dan's yesterday. (And this morning  && )

Brilliant layout - something for everyone!

Drinks, nibbles, music, pinnys...

Great to meet a few peeps - forgotten everyones name by now!  :lol

Thank you to Daniel for throwing open your home to us.  ^^^

And yes mate, I know I left something on the bar...  :lol :lol :lol :lol
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Thank you Daniel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
Man, did u HAVE to put up a thread saying what a terrific night it was  !!! !!!
I was in bed at 9.30am after driving back - through SNOW !

DW Drums rule !

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:40:55 AM »
I know mate - I realized after an hour - "Where's Wotto?"

Shoulda brought a dingy by the sounds of it?

Disappointed I didn't get to meet you - maybe next time...

I'll have a meet when I can make my garage as nice as Daniels...  !@)

Maybe in 3 years or so...
Why is it called PMS?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

We started the afternoon at Nick's place (Pinnies4me) and played his machines and had a good yarn with Timbo (clearcoating and playfield restoration) and Nug (NPC002). I really hope the discussions inspire Nug to find the time to contine this machine as I think it will be a blast to play. I guess if he spent less time playing "Big Bang Bar", he might finish NPC002 ! One ball on BBB lasted EASILY 15 minutes ! EPIC ! After a feed we played another round of pinball. Attack from Mars was enjoyed by all. The "Aussie Pinball Hauneted House" looks alot better in person and played exceptionally well !

Stright after Nick's place, we drove across to Daniel's man cave - and pictures just don't do this setup any justice ! Had a ball playing the older games, and almost everything is coin operated ! I enjoyed playing the EMs and the "US Marshall" gun game - Was great fun to play.

I ended up getting home around midnight - totally "spent" but still buzzing. A really BIG THANKS to Nick and Daniel  for opening their doors. Great company all day.

Hopefully Wotto will be in tow for the next gathering !

PS - Someone needs to tell Timbo to buy a Terminator 2 - He seemed to like the game  %.%
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:20:14 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
A big thanks to Daniel for a great night. I was really keen to play some of the older games to bring back a few memories (before dementia hits) and it did (the memories not dementia although by the size of Mark C's drinks I reckon it might have hit him not too far into the evening).

Daniel's cave is just unbelievable. Forget playing the machines, you can spend hours just looking at his walls (and ceiling....and floor with that trippy laser show thingy he had going).

And then to top it off he has ABBA with no clothes playing on his TV screens.....well I thought it was ABBA but hard to tell by some of the angles the girls go in to and singing the all time classic hit of the 80's "Dildo" which I don't recall if I have it in my collection  @@* (oh Agneta she can really play that purple instrument and her strumming action is just magic). I've gotta get a copy from Daniel I think  &&.

A real pisser of a night and hope he has another not too far down the track.

Thanks for the invite mate.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 01:03:39 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline el_timbo86

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
Thanks to both Nick and Daniel for playing host yesterday  ^^^

I had a great afternoon at Nicks, getting in my fair share of games on Firepower (which i'm on the hunt for now), and talking about the playfield work and restoration with some of the guys. It was great to hear Nino talk about his experiences over the years with the coin-op industry, and i hope to check out a few of his games one day very soon  #*#

After the BBQ (and a truly AMAZING salad  @@*) it was off to Daniels where we spent the remainder of the night in awe of Daniels gamesroom. I know there are photos of the room floating around the forum, but as the others have stated, they do NOT DO THIS ROOM JUSTICE! Pinball, arcade, pool table, EXTREMELY addictive mechanical shooting game, playfields on the roof, backglasses covering the walls, pachinko, jukeboxes, bar, a functional TRAFFIC LIGHT and too much more to mention.

Daniel also had a VERY STRAIGHT Terminator 2 which held my attention for most of the night. Much to the enjoyment of Nino, who proclaimed it was PROBABLY in my best interests buy one... :lol

All in all, an extremely enjoyable Saturday - and again, thank-you to Nick and Daniel for their hospitality.

Timbo

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 03:51:46 PM »
Thanks Nick and Daniel  for a great night, it was great to catch up with everyone again.
Great BBQ Nick, and Tim sure can make a mean salad  :lol

I really feel for you Wotto, such a disappointment to have to turn back after a long drive, it would have been great to catch up with you again mate. 
You were there in spirit, I managed to put AFM into a ball search whilst I was playing (I was having a decent game too 5 bil.  @.@ )  Just for you man *)*  *)*  *)*

Yep Nugs ball lasted about 30 mins I was patiently waiting for my turn, he is always great to watch, good skills  *%*

Great to shoot the breeze bout all things pinball, NPC002, williams rights, Tim's playfields, restos, etc

Shame I had to shoot of to work for nightshift  @.@

Look forward to catching up again soon!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »
Thanks guys im glad you all had a good time and also thanks to nick for the awsome bbq and warm up session in your gamesroom.   

Was really good to see the machines getting a good workout and with wotto not there nothing got broken  %.%  Sorry mate had to add that in.

Sadly with everything going on i forgot to take any photos of the night shane had his camera on hand but ot sure what he managed to get.

Was very unsure how the shed would cope with a heap of people around 15 people by my count and was still room for a few more

As for the jukebox selections i had a few request fo copies so send em a PM and ill make you a copy

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a great arvo/night love to see some pic's if there around.

Peter ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a great arvo/night love to see some pic's if there around.

Peter ^^^

I think Nick may have some pictures. I forgot my camera  !!!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 11:44:34 PM »
What a wicked set-up, you have certainly raised the "bar" for us budding man-cave builders mate.
Had a ball, not just playing a few of the older pinnies but just seeing the interesting stuff you've collected over the years.

FANTASTIC!!!!   $%$

Thank for an awesome night, worth the drive for sure!! ^^^

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:07 AM »
Was a great night, what a set up, left there thinking I need to get a few classic oldies... Great Games, Great People Great Night,

Thanks Daniel #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
indeed many to thanks nick and daniel for a great day. was good to catch up and meet some new fellow pinball nuts and talk shop. Lots of show and tell and passion for the world that is pinball.
apologies Daniel, i had other commitments but i be sure to attend the next, whats this addictive shooting game i havent heard about lol.

oh and stories of my playing ability are greatly exaggerated !

regards to all

nug
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
   Sadly with everything going on i forgot to take any photos of the night shane had his camera on hand but ot sure what he managed to get.

I told YOU to take the bloody photos!

I took 4 quick, crap photo's - that's it sorry!  !@)

Why is it called PMS?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
I took a couple of photos, meant to take more but got distracted cooking the BBQ, this is all I managed to capture. Nug on his way to trying to beat the high score, and a couple of group shots.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”