Author Topic: Test for Daniel (ddstoys)  (Read 894 times)

Offline Douggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Test for Daniel (ddstoys)
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:22:08 AM »
Dunno if this will work....I'll post a few more of the collection which is interfering with valuable pinball space...Douggie

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Re: Test for Daniel (ddstoys)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »
There is a thumping black car with a chook on the bonnet filling my screen...

It worked fine and looks great.  ^^^
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Very nice douggie,is that the big block version? i couldnt imagine the cost to fill the tank these days though and how far you would get on a tank,had a couple of dodge phoenix's and a galaxy back in the 90's but the price of fuel made me move on back then,still regret it to this day.

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »
"they call him the bandit"  %.%

Good to see there are others here who appreciate real cars  #*#

Don't suppose there is a R/T in the way of you pinballs too is there??
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:44:51 AM by 48 »
Lets go Brandon!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:06:27 AM »
That's a sweet Pontiac trans am fire bird douggie

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
Very nice douggie,is that the big block version? i couldnt imagine the cost to fill the tank these days though and how far you would get on a tank,had a couple of dodge phoenix's and a galaxy back in the 90's but the price of fuel made me move on back then,still regret it to this day.

Ive had a couple of Phoenix's and if you can remember the BIG M promotion in the 80's where a couple of 71 Galaxie LTD cop cars chased a Pontiac Boniville (the bonny was the BigM prize), I bought both the galaxies after the add company finished with them....I love big cars, something died when Ford Australia stopped making the Fairlane/Ltd a few years back

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »
"they call him the bandit"  %.%

Good to see there are others here who appreciate real cars  #*#

Don't suppose there is a R/T in the way of you pinballs too is there??
I dunno what an R/T pinball is but would love to have either an Aussie or Yank R/T charger

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:35:04 PM »
Here's a couple of one of the scooters...dunno what it is with Yanks and big eagles....couldnt imagine holden putting giant wombat stickers on the front of commodores

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »
I dunno what an R/T pinball is but would love to have either an Aussie or Yank R/T charger
Didn't explain myself properly  R/T Charger was what I meant.

My idea of the perfect muscle car.
Lets go Brandon!

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 12:44:16 PM »
Didn't explain myself properly  R/T Charger was what I meant.

My idea of the perfect muscle car.

Yeah makes me cry thinking about how 10-15 years ago you couldnt give aussie chargers away....same for 2 door xa-xc falcons and old monaros. I know someone who recently sold a HK GTS shell in poor condition for 20K....it was rusted out but had the id tags. I know an auction in QLD a while back got $170K for an immaculate E49 charger

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 01:15:02 PM »
Douggie, well done mate !  ^^^ That car is one of my all time favourites. Stunning looking car. JUST BEAUTIFUL. A true muscle car with a great look.

I saw a Smokey and the Bandit Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 litre Black car like yours with the Gold Eagle on the bonnet when i was 9 years old, back in 1978/79 at Kings Cross in Sydney when I was a kid.

The car was brand spanking new and I asked the owner where he got it from and he said "America". I will never forget that night, and that tuff looking car.
I watched him start the car for all his biker mates, and the roar of that thumping V8 was just beautiful.

Well done Douggie, thanks for sharing your great car with us.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 09:11:39 PM »
Douggie, well done mate !  ^^^ That car is one of my all time favourites. Stunning looking car. JUST BEAUTIFUL. A true muscle car with a great look.

I saw a Smokey and the Bandit Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 litre Black car like yours with the Gold Eagle on the bonnet when i was 9 years old, back in 1978/79 at Kings Cross in Sydney when I was a kid.

The car was brand spanking new and I asked the owner where he got it from and he said "America". I will never forget that night, and that tuff looking car.
I watched him start the car for all his biker mates, and the roar of that thumping V8 was just beautiful.

Well done Douggie, thanks for sharing your great car with us.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Hate to be picky but the Smokey&Bandit one is the next model with the different "Monza"?? front end that came out in 1977 I think. I'm sure this one is a 75.
But who cares anyway, because all the Trans Ams thru that period were fantastic.

Did that smart ass end up giving you a ride in the car?

Great pics though

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 10:29:14 PM »
I know that in 1979 they (Pontiac) produced a limited run of 6.6 litre trans ams with a factory turbo charger strapped on.

I saw one on the gold coast around 1987.

I never got a ride in the one i saw when i was 9 yrs old, cause i was a complete stranger, but just seeing one brand new and hearing that 6.6 litre motor fire up was something not easily forgotten.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »
The "Bandit" trans am was a 1977 model, my current one is a 1976. The (2nd gen, F-body) ones with turbos were sold in 1980 and 81 and had a small block 301 cubic inch motor only (they were pretty unreliable and most have long had the turbos binned) 76 was the last of the high power big block optioned trans-ams

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 11:23:41 PM »
douggie, the one i saw was definately a 6.6 with a turbo. maybe the owner added a aftermarket turbo. ? i was sure they made 6.6 with turbos ? but i will conceed you have a better knowledge than i do.

the black with gold looks amazing on the trans am.

the trans am , together with a 71 mustang fastback (the original yellow n black mustang from the original gone in 60 seconds movie) are the best 2 x looking muscle cars ever made. !  ^^^