Author Topic: yet another kiss on ebay  (Read 722 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
yet another kiss on ebay
« on: October 29, 2010, 11:38:25 PM »
a pin that looks a bit long in the tooth but someone with great playfield repair tallent & a bit of cash could turn this into the next kiss that sells fir crazy money, or could it not be done??
you judge for your self with the starting price, but who knows what could happen in the last 60 seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KISS-PINBALL-MACHINE-/120639395459?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item1c16ab1683
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline yourdreamin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
Re: yet another kiss on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
offer him $2000 as he is just looking at previous sales, i bought a haunted house from him

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »
offer him $2000 as he is just looking at previous sales, i bought a haunted house from him

Given the playfield wear, I reckon you're on the money.  For $2k is fair buying.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:57 AM »
KISS has never done it for me as a machine to look at or play.. bit of a snoozer.

Now getting very bored seeing them on Ebay too   ((( (((

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
KISS has never done it for me as a machine to look at or play.. bit of a snoozer.

One for the Kiss fans I guess (the band)
Not really one myself

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »

Ahh the old KISS pinball.

I've been a lifelong and diehard KISS fan since 1975, when I first heard "Rock and Roll all Nite" on the radio. I saw the clip on countdown, and I was hooked. I have tens of thousand dollars worth of merchandise. Signed albums, signed bootlegs, signed T-Shirts and I also have a tattoo of the "Rock and Roll Over" album cover on my arm - signed by Gene and Paul - and inked for prosperity. Literally grown up around pinball and KISS.

The KISS pinball is the most sought after piece of KISS merchandise. Now think of it this way - KISS "invented" band merchandising to the level that no band has ever matched. Who would buy an Emerson, Lake and Palmer lunch-box ? KISS lunch boxes from the 70's fetch prices in the US$100 all the time. A lunch box for US$100 ? That's crazy - But the casual observer that either does not like the band, or the pinball - needs to know that the "pinball machine" may not be much to play - but it has the KISS logo on it. You could put the KISS logo on "Supersonic" - no KISS fan cares about the layout - It's KISS ! The most "collectible" KISS merchandise on the planet.

Even the casual cashed up KISS fan will pay mega bucks for a KISS machine. I get asked at least once a fortnight for a KISS machine. Tell a KISS fan that a really nice KISS will set you back $5000 - $7000. The usual response is "when can you get it".

The mythical $10,000 KISS does exist, and I know of one collector that will pay more for a fully restored KISS. When I mean "restored" - I mean EVERYTHING will be replaced to original specs. I will start this machine when I believe my restoration skills are at their pinnacle. This will be the best KISS on the planet. I will do two - one for my collection - and it will be the centrepiece. When I look at the claim "Best KISS I've ever seen" on eBay or other sites, I just snigger and rub my hands - because I love a challenge and I want these machines to be the best.

I believe that the constant flood of eBay KISS machines are sellers hoping to take advantage of the inflated prices. Just wait until they disband, they will be worth more. You could buy three titles from the same era that play better for the same price as one KISS. But they are not KISS..

That's a bit of background of a KISS fan and the KISS pinball. Inflated price for a pinball - absolutely.  The most demanded SS machine for the era - absolutely.

Side note - My favorite album of all time is "KISS ALIVE!". I wore out the double casette in 1980 and had to buy a new set. After CDs were released, I wore out the double CD. I have a virtually unplayed THIRD double casette of "ALIVE!". Today - The market value of this cassette is US$100 minimum. I bought it from Coles in Reservoir for $1.99.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Online pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:29 AM »
I'm certainly no specific Kiss fan, but I don't mind their music and grew up with it around me - I remember thinking (as a kid to teen) of them as a "gimmick band" due to the make up and stage persona, but these days I appreciate their music as itself worthwhile, and certainly a massive part of rock history.

I'll leave the Kiss pinball to the fans, they appreciate it more (except for the Kiss/pinball hybrid fans like Nino!)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »

+1 (((.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »
This is the third time this game has been listed. I just came back from Port macquarie, (the game is located in Laurieton i believe which is about a half hour drive from Port) and have had this one on my watch list on eGay. I had no access to the internet while there so couldnt contact the seller on ebay, so Ian (howzat) sent him a message on my behalf to see if i could view the machine prior to bidding.. he gave my mobile number but i didnt hear back from him  !!!

I was thinking of making an offer of $2000 myself as i could've easily gotten hold of that amount while there.
I would've LOVED to be able to get this one for myself, but i cant see it happening unfortunately
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:59:57 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
I put Kiss and Playboy in the same boat.

Nice if you want one - but I recall both as being unloved and unplayed in my yoof...

Parlor in Thomas St Dandy had them side by side IIRC. With a FP1, Gorgar & EBD in the same row - now THEY took some coin!

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »
I put Kiss and Playboy in the same boat.

Nice if you want one - but I recall both as being unloved and unplayed in my yoof...

Parlor in Thomas St Dandy had them side by side IIRC. With a FP1, Gorgar & EBD in the same row - now THEY took some coin!

Interesting point = KISS pinball filled the coin box more than any game of that era. I recall "service calls" due to the fact the the coin box was full and blocking the coin chute
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline yourdreamin

• Forum Posts:
  • barrack point
  • how much are your askin
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »
he's ph is 0418961102 graeme

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »
Interesting point = KISS pinball filled the coin box more than any game of that era. I recall "service calls" due to the fact the the coin box was full and blocking the coin chute

You'd remember better than me - they were old hat by the time I am talking about.

Talking machines were the go when I got into it - Gorgar, EBD, FP, Xenon.

The only reason that we looked at Playboy was for the ahem, artwork...

I remember playing the first game on a brand spankers Firepower 2 - so 83-84. (makes me 13-14 - sounds about right)

Just checked IPDB for the dates (to make sure I am not senile yet) - they made 3400 FP2's! Where the hell are they all? And why don't I see many (any?) for sale?  !!!

Knowing what your "good" KISS will turn out like - I'm tipping it won't get many games...  ()

Also tipping you have the NOS bits tucked away somewhere waiting for the day too. (Good on you!)
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »

Yep, it copped a hiding in my local haunts back in the day as well.

The old girl cops a bagging for its gameplay when most of the other Bally titles from the period were very similar.  It's just that KISS is the top shelf collectible out of the bunch, and people assume that the playability must match the high price tag.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »
SOLD $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

I just did a deal with the owner and paid a deposit, and should be able to pick it up on the weekend hopefully