Author Topic: USA shipping set to rise !  (Read 515 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
USA shipping set to rise !
« on: November 02, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »
With our good Allies, the Americans uncovering various bombs n nasty stuff in the cargo hold of transport and passenger planes, it seems, according to one US Security Expert who was on Foxtel today, it would seem that pricing for cargo from and to the USA may rise dramatically in the not so distant future.

Rather than random scans of cargo going on to various 737 and 747 planes, all shipments have been tagged as a threat, with Homeland Security now stepping up security and its various checking procedures. Its a shame a few idiots in the world have decided to waste every ones time and resources and drive the cost of shipping thru the roof, not to mention trying to kill innocent peoples (if they blow my pinball parts orders up, then there will really be trouble.lol).

It is unfortunate, that these extremists dont realise that the USA will never back down, and ever give in to terrorists. They shld have learnt by now, "that awakening the sleeping giant" (as the japaneese put it after attacking Pearl Harbour) will only encourage the USA resolve to get them back ten fold.

So it seems cargo pricing is set to rise, and perhaps pinball shipping prices with it.   

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: USA shipping set to rise !
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
Great .. NOT  !!!
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:01:22 PM »
A) we are shipping OUT of the USA, so the prices should remain the same  &&
B) CPR is in Cananda  ()

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:05:17 PM »
A) we are shipping OUT of the USA, so the prices should remain the same  &&
B) CPR is in Cananda  ()

Sounds logical pete... but we are talking about an excuse to raise prices here so logic goes out the window.

Bit like pricing carbon but still burning coal to produce electricity.... still trying to get my head round this saving the planet  !@# !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:14 PM »
A) we are shipping OUT of the USA, so the prices should remain the same  &&
B) CPR is in Cananda  ()

Any plane entering or leaving USA airspace, and flying over USA land is subject to the new measures. Bay Area and Marco Spec are ofcourse in the USA.

The idiots planting bombs etc, dont care where the plane crashs/or blows up, as long as it cause the Americans trouble.

Seafreight may one day be the only cheap answer. The air-freight price increases will flow thru to both Canada and Australia without a doubt, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:52:21 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »
A) we are shipping OUT of the USA, so the prices should remain the same  &&
B) CPR is in Cananda  ()

Any plane entering or leaving USA airspace, and flying over USA land is subject to the new measures. Bay Area and Marco Spec are ofcourse in the USA.

The idiots planting bombs etc, dont care where the plane crashs/or blows up, as long as it cause the Americans trouble.

Seafreight may one day be the only cheap answer. The air-freight price increases will flow thru to both Canada and Australia without a doubt, unfortunately.

Youre forgetting mate that postage to outside USA went up  approx 18 months back due to the scrapping of standard UPS ( finer details may be wrong here, but standard shipping was scrapped)... not for security reasons, but because.... er......because... er..... because we could!

At the end of the day its all bollox.... i can DHL ( this includes a customs check) a tube of stencils some 1300mm long and 150mm wide weighing just over 2kgs to USA for $100AUS.
To ship FROM USA a tube of 9 logic chips via fed Ex is US$130.
PBR can ship a box 120mmX120mm for US$15
Marco US$30 minimum.
8 boxes from China weighing a total of 165Kgs is US$950 via DHL
If i ring DHL on MY ACCOUNT to have same 165kgs shipped here.. price was $1500 AUS

My point is that we have the same journey on same plane but one end deciding to milk the pricing.

So USA will screen everything?Should have been doing so already...

may i just point out that EVERYTHING is screened coming into this country at no expense to us.

yep pricing will go up for sure... but then again, it always was going to anyway, USA is heavily union controlled... try getting a job in USA without a union card... they are not even allowed to talk to you on the phone

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »
ya are right gav. any of these guys look for any excuse to put the prices up.

you shld see the prices for any airfreight out of CANADA. It is 4 x times the cost of the USA prices.

I was purchasing large tea chest boxes of star trek collectables from a private seller in CANADA and the cost to slow airfreight it was apx $600 a box. It weighed nothing, just metric size was large. In the end, it cost me apx $130 to seafreight each box and it took apx 6 - 8 weeks on the water.

Dont ever try airfreighting from CANADA or you will have a heart attack.

Also, re screening in Australia, alot of people dont understand that everything goes thru the x-ray n various other technology's. That why all those idiots get busted for cocaine etc on that AUST BORDER SECURITY show thats on each week.  %.%  Oooops, the machine just caught them, and the sad part about it, was they were busted before they even got on the plane, cause the technology is fool proof the moment they arrive on Aussie soil.  ^^^

Lets see how much cargo prices go up this next few months. Hope the Aussie dollar helps us ?

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
Ordered from Cointaker yesterday - 13.95 - same as it has been for ages there.

Placing a Marco order over the next few days as well - will see how much it is and advise here
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 11:23:27 PM »
Just did a Marco 'test' on shipping a $400.00 order -shipping = $87.20 !!!
There is a set of Pinscore displays in the order , but other than that it is just a stack of general small items.

I guess that kills the benefit of our rising dollar  ^&^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
I ship stencils via Aus post... its the cheapest way ive found. Box size is 700X 200X200...weight is 2.2Kgs.

Shipping to USA - anywhere in USA is just under AU$80.

This is all i charge for USA based stencils.

I reckon marco's triple the postage for any order

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »

Marco's shipping is a rort. I placed an order a while ago for some backglass trim and smaller dimensioned items. The box they sent was massive and only around 25% full. The rest was filled with foam. They could have placed the trim in a tube with the smaller parts. To make it even more of an insult, they charge a "handling fee". How hard is it to slip some backglass trim into a cylinder ?

I much prefer the system at PBR !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
Thought I would update this thread after I ordered at Marco.
I emailed them before ordering and they asked me to put a note to 'please check shipping'
I did that when I placed the order.

They reduced the shipping from 87.20 to $49.00
Much better and more in line with all other OS suppliers  #*#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
Thought I would update this thread after I ordered at Marco.
I emailed them before ordering and they asked me to put a note to 'please check shipping'
I did that when I placed the order.

They reduced the shipping from 87.20 to $49.00
Much better and more in line with all other OS suppliers  #*#

^%^

Bloody hell - usually they just charge whatever is in "the system". The ONLY time they ever concede shipping is when you just need a decal in an envelope !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
Wotto, that is a good idea to ask them to check/recalculate the postage. A dam good idea indeed and a money saver.  ^^^

I try to buy everything from PSPA/Mark C to keep the money in the land of OZ,but every now again, I guess we are all forced to go to the USA guys for those elusive parts.

I find Marks posatge is far better than anyone else, followed by RTBB who is also very very fair.  ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »
Bloody hell - usually they just charge whatever is in "the system". The ONLY time they ever concede shipping is when you just need a decal in an envelope !

They must llike me  ^^^
I am a loveable guy after all  :lol
DW Drums rule !