Author Topic: Forum theme  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Forum theme
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »
Hi folks, you may have noticed the forum theme has been changed back to something more like the default theme that came with our forum software. This has been done because with the custom (black) theme, it was a major pain in the arse to install custom mods as everything had to be done manually. Most of the time they didn't work after spending ages installing them and configuring them. Now that we have gone back to the default we can install literally thousands of mods automatically and painlessly.

You may have noticed there is now an Arcade menu option with a few online games you can play. Have fun. I will look for more games to install.

Can I please ask for any suggestions for custom mods that you would like made to the forum?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Forum theme
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07:27 PM »
I reckon it looks good Creech.

A change for sure  ^^^  The colour change makes the site look extra large with the white.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Marty Machine

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:45 PM »
I better go and Re-Colour my Pinball owners List(s).....they look shocking now heheheheehehe  !*! !*! !*! :lol :lol :lol

MM.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »
I better go and Re-Colour my Pinball owners List(s).....they look shocking now heheheheehehe  !*! !*! !*! :lol :lol :lol

MM.

Yes, I just went through the Technical thread and changed the yellow to red - didn't take long (just type red in place of yellow in the brackets) but you've got a lot more. Do you want a hand?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:33:11 PM »
And here I was checking through my settings to see if I had accidentally changed the theme myself...

It will take some getting used to but if it makes it easier then all good.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »
Must admit, i hit "refresh" and the change of colour threw me somewhat.. thought it was a glitch on my comp... but now ive had 10 mins of it almost feels like it was always like this

Marty Machine

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 11:48:15 PM »
MM.

Yes, I just went through the Technical thread and changed the yellow to red - didn't take long (just type red in place of yellow in the brackets) but you've got a lot more. Do you want a hand?

Done! it took only a few passes with my seekn'destroy search, and the "Owners List" pages are all updated to READABLE colouring ;)
MM.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:38:10 AM »
I'd like to see more emoticons to choose from.
I kind of liked the black, so maybe an option to choose what kind of background colours you want.
Also is there a setting or option for choosing how many topics or posts are displayed on the one page.
I really want to increase that as I like to just scroll through the one page rather than have to load page after page.
Other than that, all good.  ^^^
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:44:25 AM by elkor-alish »
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Marty Machine

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 07:24:28 PM »
I kind of liked the black, so maybe an option to choose what kind of background colours you want.

By allowing the users to choose an individual background colour/theme wouldn't be good, as then all the pages would be correct for some users, and incorrect for others....(e.g. text colour-codes) etc....

MM.

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:36 AM »
<snip>

Can I please ask for any suggestions for custom mods that you would like made to the forum?

I'd like an option to mark threads as read from the "Recent Unread Topics" screen without having to enter / view them.  I log on, go to recent unread topics and I know there are some threads that I'm not interested in, it would be god to get rid of them from the unread list quickly and easily. 

Online Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 10:26:34 AM »

When quoting another post, the actual quote is in brackets - I'd like to see the quote "boxed" so that you don't have the text in your reply (as you edit it)
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »

When quoting another post, the actual quote is in brackets - I'd like to see the quote "boxed" so that you don't have the text in your reply (as you edit it)

You may not be able to make the 'quote' smaller though, if you only want to quote the relevant part of someone elses post.  Or are am I on the wrong track?

Online Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »

You may not be able to make the 'quote' smaller though, if you only want to quote the relevant part of someone elses post.  Or are am I on the wrong track?

Yes - but when you quote a quote, as I'm doing now, it is easy to accidentally place your comments within the quotes of previous posts.

Confusing, but I've seen it a few times. Bet outcome would be to have the quote "boxed" above your "live" post.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »

Yes - but when you quote a quote, as I'm doing now, it is easy to accidentally place your comments within the quotes of previous posts.

Confusing, but I've seen it a few times. Bet outcome would be to have the quote "boxed" above your "live" post.

Yeah I have seen that too, it definately can be confusing, sometimes the reply box doesn't move down far enough when you start typing, I have had to edit a few times after previewing.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 08:51:51 PM »
Is there any way to stop large picture files from loading when you click on a thread, some pictures are very large and you only need to see them once, or click on a link to see them again.

Ian