Author Topic: Oh No!!!! The never ending KISS saga!  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Oh No!!!! The never ending KISS saga!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »

Surprise Suprise - It didn't sell..

So the feedback will remain at 8 and the next time the seller lists this game, he should have something like "This is the best KISS ever seen, I've sold ten KISS machines and this is by far the best"

Here is a picture from the Replay Magazine that was distributed to all the Dealers;

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:30 AM »
Any chance of scanning the whole booklet, Nino? Will make for fascinating reading, I am sure.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Any chance of scanning the whole booklet, Nino? Will make for fascinating reading, I am sure.

I can have a go at scanning the entire booklet - I'll start a new thread and progressively add the pages.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 12:54:11 PM »
That is a great idea Nino a thread dedicated to original paper work.  I'm sure you have some tippers and others would have little gems found in there machines I'm sure

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 07:59:20 AM »
GROUNDHOG DAY!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KISS-PINBALL-MACHINE-NEW-MINT-CONDITION-/110620058895?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19c178250f

"This is NOT part of the Ultimate Package I advertised a few weeks ago...

THIS IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MACHINE.
"
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 09:34:34 AM »
OK, read the ad this time around and I see what you mean.

Mint = fresh out of box (or close to it)

The machine in question is a clapped out machine fully restored to as new condition with all new backglass, playfield, playfield hardware and coin door. The cabinet has been sanded back and repainted to as new condition.

As new <> mint

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »
This is no part of the ultimate package as that was bought by one of sustained best known collectors  for the reasonable price.  !!@.   Like the best known collectors wouldn't already own a playboy and a kiss

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
This is no part of the ultimate package as that was bought by one of sustained best known collectors  for the reasonable price.  !!@.   Like the best known collectors wouldn't already own a playboy and a kiss

... and yet no one knows who this "well known" collector is!!!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »

LMFAO.  So it wasn't you then Gav I'm guessin Nino didn't add it to his 3 he already has LOL

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »

LMFAO.  So it wasn't you then Gav I'm guessin Nino didn't add it to his 3 he already has LOL

No mate - I don't know anyone (or anyone who knows) the "well known collectors" - The definition "well known" automatically sets the BS meter to FULL as no collector would pay that much. A KISS collector - maybe - but I also know a few collectors that were interested until they saw the price and the fact they are not value for money (not restored, boards are not mentioned etc).

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

Well, I am a collector, and a well known spammer  ^^^
I do not own a 'Kiss' or an 'Addams family'  <.>

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »
Hey guys, actually there may be some good news now in this listing ......... "This is the last machine I have on offer, and don’t expect to have anymore for 6 months (if you see the work that goes into these you will understand)."

Although he says he's not desperate to sell it (even though it's been relisted umpteen times), IF someone buys it we may have some peace and quiet for 6 months!  That is, until the next "even better" KISS is listed.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »
That is, until the next "even better" KISS is listed.

Exactly -wonder how the earlier "well known collector" feels when the next game is better than the one that was the ultimate when said  "well known collector" sees the next sale?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 01:42:21 PM »
Hey guys, actually there may be some good news now in this listing ......... "This is the last machine I have on offer, and don’t expect to have anymore for 6 months (if you see the work that goes into these you will understand)."

Although he says he's not desperate to sell it (even though it's been relisted umpteen times), IF someone buys it we may have some peace and quiet for 6 months!  That is, until the next "even better" KISS is listed.

Considering there really has only been two machines offered (relisted two or three times) , I'd be surprised if he simply needs to "lay low" to not attract any more negative press !

That is, until the next "even better" KISS is listed.

Exactly -wonder how the earlier "well known collector" feels when the next game is better than the one that was the ultimate when said  "well known collector" sees the next sale?

I'd really like to know one of the several "well known collector's" identity !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
I'd really like to know one of the several "well known collector's" identity !

Ok... ill fess up... it was me.
 I did buy 1 KISS machine from this buyer and was happy... but then he offered one that was even better than the previous and because i only want the best i bought this 2nd KISS.
Well then.. what do you know!! The ULTIMATE KISS was listed... the previous 2 i had bought were only the best ever... this was ULTIMATE..... How can you resist?? I had to buy it..

Yes i was happy for some time but then what do you know?? The ULTIMATE BEST EVER KISS was listed and it came with the ULTIMATE UNSURPASSABLE PLAYBOY.... Oh boy... these looked SO good together that i had to buy them both as it was a shame to split them and i sure as eggs knew their TRUE value.

Im seriously thinking of buying this latest BEST EVER KISS to put alongside the BEST EVER KISS from July... then if im lucky... oh boy i so want to be lucky..... i can get a MINTY FRESH KISS in 6 months time!!!!!

Sometimes i look at all my shiny BEST EVER then BEST AGAIN and also BESTEST THAN THE BESTEST KISS machines and i think.. "how f*%ing rich am i?" :D :D $#$ $#$ $#$ :D :D