Author Topic: Sad I know  (Read 694 times)

Offline braddo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sad I know
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »
I didn't know that Wotto. Don't know much about the history at all TBH.

I was introduced to the Sports by another GREAT Oz band the Celibate Rifles who did a Sports cover 'what did the detective say' on one of their albums 'on the quiet'. One night I was at a party and heard the original come on the stereo, so I grabbed the CD out of the player and 'told' the guy who owned it that I'm borrowing it for a while. Since then I've been looking around for the vinyl but nowhere to be found. I'll order the CD's when I get round to it (I have copies for now) they can be ordered real cheap.

Way ahead of their time so many Oz bands ripped them off afterwards. Yes I'm looking at you Micheal Huntchence.

I love the Detroit/New York/London inspired bands from that period rather than the Hollywood inspired bands that dominate sales today.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Marty Machine

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »
alas - I went a-hunting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sports

See the members  #@#
Yep, he had some input writing/arranging on 1? album for the sports, but nobody recalled him actually performing with them as aband member....anyhoo, we digress....

MM.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »
Haha they also re-recorded a full 'electric guitar' version of 'who listens to the radio' (which in my opinion bury's the original). MMmmm seems like a disagrement somwhere along the line so they pissed the keyboard solo off. It's SSSOOOOOO much fun being part of a band, always one big happy family ::) Rock'n'Roll forever. ()
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
How sad is that,
The single was released in MONO ?

I do remember the song though
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)