Author Topic: Nucore Experience ? Pinball 2000  (Read 28747 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Nucore Experience ? Pinball 2000
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »
Guys, As I have spent time talking with Chuck and had the chance of viewing the standard CRT and the LCD with new core I can assure you there is a massive difference. In the thread it has been mentioned that the picture is 5 times better I do not know about the metric here but what Chuck stated at Expo 09 was that the programming and graphics design was ahead of the CRT's ability to display.

What is not talked about here is that with a CRT you loose a lot of the picture as the CRT needs to fit inside the cabinet therefore you loose about 50mm of picture display capacity. When you use a LCD display you get the picture to within about 10mm of the cabinet edge (Assuming you buy the max size you can fit) You can then view parts of the image that were simply not viewable on the CRT.

The image displayed comes alive Night and Day difference.

I am building a full Nucore RFM in the new year and will post some stuff when it comes to life.

Don't forget positives like with the nucore program you can have SWEP1 & RFM roms loaded and it auto reads, the juke box is cool, but one of the neatest features is you can invert the screen so as you can take the glass off and work on the game with a readable display

Just a few thoughts

Chillie, it will be great to see how u go with the full upgrade. I added a LCD monitor to my star vtrek voyager shooting game, and again, the lcd display and the clarity was amazing. Its not until u add the lcd that u realise how much u were missing when viewing the std crt monitor.
It will be great to see the nucore upgrade anbd maybe a video of before and after if u could. It certainly gives any pinball 2000 a new lease on life.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !