Author Topic: Batteries  (Read 269 times)

Offline chillie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Batteries
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »
Guys, we all know that we need to change the batteries in our pins and tonight I decided to do my games normally I do them between Christmas and New year. Well I have 15 games to change out and yes it was earlier than a year but it was worth it as I had 3 sets of bad batteries and on one game a battery that had puked everywhere.

Thank god for remote battery holders as I was lucky and the bad battery was on a game with a remote.(The only one)

The big warning is that the batteries that went bad are duracell regular copper tops I remember others posting bad stories about these batteries . My point is that these did not even last a year so if you have these installed go now and check them.

Best of luck

chris

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Batteries
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
Always good to get a reminder.   And your bad experience will hopefully motivate people to check there games bloody acid grrrr

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »
The big warning is that the batteries that went bad are duracell regular copper tops I remember others posting bad stories about these batteries . My point is that these did not even last a year so if you have these installed go now and check them.

Spot on Chris, this happened to me a couple of months ago, less than a year old Duracells leaked all over my FH board, and Nug's still trying to get that fixed.

I installed remotes to everything after that, perhaps the most useful mod there is.

Anyone recommend another brand of battery? Too many of us are getting caught with these "quality" batteries!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »
Remote battery holders are the way to go, too risky no matter what brand of batteries you use

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 10:06:22 AM »
Can someone please post a picture of a remote battery holder and a non remote holder so we can see what the differance is. Thanks

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
bloody acid grrrr

Actually it's "bloody alkaline" (the opposite to acid and the reason you use acid, vinegar, to neutralise the effects)  - hence 'alkaline batteries'
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 11:39:18 AM »
Learn something new every day.  Thanks mike