Author Topic: Recel master stroke  (Read 345 times)

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
Recel master stroke
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »
recel master stroke wedgehead pinball in what looks to be almost HUO condition,what were they like any good? anyone played one?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PINBALL-MACHINE-MASTER-STROKE-POOL-THEME-/130459602509?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item1e5fff8e4d

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Recel master stroke
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:11:20 AM »
Looks like a fun player, pool theme machines are always good fun! I would be surprised if anyone here has actually played one.

Those pop bumper caps look wrong but I am happy to be corrected.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »
Just the one IPDB rating - looks like not too many people anywhere have played it!

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=MASTER+STROKE&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Looks like you're right about the pb caps too.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
Just the one IPDB rating - looks like not too many people anywhere have played it!

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=MASTER+STROKE&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Looks like you're right about the pb caps too.

Well, they just looked wrong in the photo.

The IPDB entry would suggest that as well, but there is no guarantee that the IPDB entry has the correct pop bumper caps!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
I remember bidding on this last time it was listed looks like a good project

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »

Seems to be the norm on ebay these days,and the prices of 90% of the pins for sale seems to have them being re-listed time and again,almost every pin seems to be priced$1000-$2000 over the odds.makes it hard to buy a pin.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »

Seems to be the norm on ebay these days,and the prices of 90% of the pins for sale seems to have them being re-listed time and again,almost every pin seems to be priced$1000-$2000 over the odds.makes it hard to buy a pin.

Some eBayers use listings purely as an advertisement. Personally, I never use eBay as a guide to value machines. The GTB Spirit is a classic example. That SHOULD have sold for at least $2500. I value a restored Spirit at around the $3000 - $3500 mark. EBay suggest I'm way off the mark.

The real eBay deals are from listing which attract buyers by starting at realistic prices. These machines nearly always sell.

Reputations are made and lost with relistings. Our friend with the "Best KISS I've ever seen" is a case in point.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 03:19:02 PM »

[/quote]

Some eBayers use listings purely as an advertisement. Personally, I never use eBay as a guide to value machines. The GTB Spirit is a classic example. That SHOULD have sold for at least $2500. I value a restored Spirit at around the $3000 - $3500 mark. EBay suggest I'm way off the mark.

The real eBay deals are from listing which attract buyers by starting at realistic prices. These machines nearly always sell.

Reputations are made and lost with relistings. Our friend with the "Best KISS I've ever seen" is a case in point.

[/quote]

In regard to the advertising at inflated prices all they are doing imo is driving away potential serious buyers,seems to be the solid state pins are the most overpriced especially when  for a few dollars more the potential buyer can buy a nice dmd,i doubt those pins will ever sell.in regards to the spirit the seller would be kicking himself today as he had offers to $3000 prior to the auction,and if it was 100% working without the chipped plastics and playfield wear i am certain it would have gone to at least $3000 as i would have bid that myself.and blokes like that wanker with the kiss all they do is encourage potential bidders to bid small on all auctions after all buying a machine on ebay from photos is a taking a punt so why risk paying through the nose on a gamble.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
Thought we were talking about this machine??

Looks like a nice one.
Backglass looks great and is very suggestive, a bit racey for its day.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »
If anyone does grab a Recel machine (there was another Recel EM sold last week on eBay) I have plenty of coils for them and possibly some other bits and pieces. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »
Sold for $760
Anyone on AP get this machine?
Fairly determined bidder.