Author Topic: KITCHEN RENOVATION FINALLY TAKING SHAPE  (Read 418 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
KITCHEN RENOVATION FINALLY TAKING SHAPE
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »
Well I've been very distracted lately and have had very little time for pinball but I'm happy to say that I got the tiles on today.   Still need to plaster the rest of the room and grout the tiles but it's getting very close.
    Just a bit of a whinge f**kING TRADIES. What a nightmare plumbers came in while I had the whole room gutted we sat the kitchen base inplace so they knew where everything was.  the dicks ran the water pipes through the base of the kitchen so we couldn't move it.   Which I didn't find out till I had covered the walls with the cement sheet.  So I then had to rip it off so they could rip it all out and run it through the wall like they should have in the forts place....    Man I was pissedp

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: KITCHEN RENOVATION FINALLY TAKING SHAPE
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:42:42 PM »
Well the plumbers were back today i was thinking how good it will be to have the plumbing finished but they didnt have all the gear to finish it today so they are back again tomorrow GRRRR

here is a photo of the progress so far

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
Looking great Daniel .  ^^^
I like the servery idea too.
Wish we had a house with floorboards .

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »
Looks good Daniel . I put our kitchen in myself . There's a great sense of self satisfaction when you get a job like this done mostly by yourself .

I hear you about the tradies mate . My dramas were with the electricians . When they came back to wire things up (oven , hotplates , and 240v smoke alarms in the house ) I left them EXACT instructions on what had to be done ... First of all they scratched my new Jarrah floor with the oven (even though I laid blankets down for them to sit it on ..  ^.^ ) . After connecting everything up I found out later that the hotplates hadn't been clamped down to the benchtop and the smoke alarms were supposed to be wired up linked (if one goes off they all go off) which they weren't .

One question about your kitchen .... Where's the tap for the sink ??? (Hope it's on the plumbers "to-do" list).

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »
Looks very nice. That is definitely a lot of work.

Offline FirePower

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
I assume a pin will fit in the middle?

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
YeAh the tap was on the to do list.  I m leaving the floor till very last all the bedrooms have been polished  aswell we were lucky it's a really nice hardwood floor.

There used to be a second door down the other side of the servery so I'm waiting to get up one night for a drinkand walk straight into the new wall lol

Once this is done the entire house has been done well inside anyway still need to do something with the outside but ihate gardens and the wife hates concrete.  So it stays as it is until she likes it lol

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »
 !*!
I assume a pin will fit in the middle?

No sadly no pins in there she has already given me orders to remove my backboard from the dining room wall.   So it might end up for sale  as there is nonplace else to put it

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »
Hi daniel  It look great   there is lot of dusty work involved  Im getting a new kitchen tomorrow  We have been backing up the cupboards for weeks and pulling out the old kitchen    what a shit of a job  I had a dead rat fall on my face as i took out the over head cuboards   and a shower of rat shit  $#$

We have a portable kitchen in the dinning room  which reminds me of camping     Ill be glad when its all done  Howzat

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:29:37 PM »
 Yeah prick of a job but I didn't get attacked by any dead rats now that is funny.

Good luck with yours and my fingers are crossed that it's smooth sailing for ya

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »
Looks great mate  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
Well ive finally done some more work on the kitchen with so may machines and repairs had not eve looked a it.   Got the last of the sanding done today what a bloody mess.   The missus wants to try painting so she will do the undercoat in the morning (How bad could she do???) 

Man i hate this shit  ^&^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »
A bit more face paint and u could be a crazy man from an African tribe. Ooga booga ooogggaaa boooga.

Kitchens looking good Daniel. Shouldnt there be at least one pinball in the kitchen. A few playfields with glass on top could be a cool bench top.lol  ^^^ ^^^

Bloody Plumbers ! Just pay the bill short 20 percent. You might get rattly pipes forever but.  !*!

She will be ready for Xmas by the looks of it.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Nah not planning on it being done by christmas I'm in no hurry.    But I did suggest using a backglass as an oven splash back lmfao. She came home and I has one sitting there she was not impressed lol

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 12:01:54 AM »
Nah not planning on it being done by christmas I'm in no hurry.    But I did suggest using a backglass as an oven splash back lmfao. She came home and I has one sitting there she was not impressed lol

Nice try, but can't see it happening!