Author Topic: AP Gamesroom - part 2 - illawarra_steelers  (Read 5877 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Re: AP Gamesroom - part 2 - illawarra_steelers
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »
I think these pictures have sexually aroused me !! *)* !*!

Is this wrong? &&

Cant wait for the meet #*#

your not getting in my car ....

road trip here we come

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »
I think these pictures have sexually aroused me !! *)* !*!

Is this wrong? &&

Cant wait for the meet #*#

your not getting in my car ....

road trip here we come

What if I keep my libito in control, besides I dont like men, just women and pinballs :lol

[/quote]
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline dj10555

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 09:38:28 PM »
Great work Tony. Thanks for posting these. The room looks a little different to when I last saw it! ^^^

Do you know the history of any of the games? They have probably had many owners but it's always interesting to know where they were from, if they were onsite somewhere, etc

Regards Derek

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:15 PM »
Great work Tony. Thanks for posting these. The room looks a little different to when I last saw it! ^^^

Do you know the history of any of the games? They have probably had many owners but it's always interesting to know where they were from, if they were onsite somewhere, etc

Regards Derek

Thanks Derek,

Yeah huge turn over of games since your were here.

Three of them had their original operaters sticker on the card tray so I could tell what State of the US those 3 came from. Some also have their original 'licence' stickers on the top arch which show what US State they came in from. Also inside 2 of them were operaters business cards and also paper work such as when the games had been serviced, what parts had been replaced etc. Real interesting stuff  *%*

One of the things that really freaked me out was when I was setting up the Criss Cross (which has had the backglass changed during it's life to Ski Champ - go figure) I pulled the lock from the back door as it had no key. Once the door came off it was like somebody blew cigarette smoke in my face - it just stunk of cigarette smoke. So it made me wonder what kind of dingy pool hall this game had sat in since 1958. This game had been in storage since 1971, so it must of been in a very smokey room!

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »
Tony What an Awesome collection you have  ^^^. Great to see these old classics being restored to their former glory. When you have an AP meet,  I'm there.
Thanks for posting.
Steve.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »
Tony What an Awesome collection you have  ^^^. Great to see these old classics being restored to their former glory. When you have an AP meet,  I'm there.
Thanks for posting.
Steve.

Thanks mate,

I really hope you can make it - would be excellent to finally meet you!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

Regards Derek

Thanks Derek,

Yeah huge turn over of games since your were here.

Three of them had their original operaters sticker on the card tray so I could tell what State of the US those 3 came from. Some also have their original 'licence' stickers on the top arch which show what US State they came in from. Also inside 2 of them were operaters business cards and also paper work such as when the games had been serviced, what parts had been replaced etc. Real interesting stuff  *%*

One of the things that really freaked me out was when I was setting up the Criss Cross (which has had the backglass changed during it's life to Ski Champ - go figure) I pulled the lock from the back door as it had no key. Once the door came off it was like somebody blew cigarette smoke in my face - it just stunk of cigarette smoke. So it made me wonder what kind of dingy pool hall this game had sat in since 1958. This game had been in storage since 1971, so it must of been in a very smokey room!

When you pick up some games - what you find inside is just so bloody interesting!
 Nothing worse than a vaccuumed out pin before it reaches your hands. The little fix notes that have been dropped, old toys inside, original caps etc - all great stuff - even high score handwritten notes from 30 years ago. All go to make up a picture in your head that you can visualise people syanding round competing agsinst each other.
priceless stuff

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
Bloody hell Tony... that's one of the best games rooms I've ever seen! (and I've been in quite a few)

Thanks for sharing!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »
Yes tony
               Its always changing and always for the better im really going to have to convince the wife that our next holiday will be to sydney. The honey moon was almost there but i shyed away coz as if she wants to see old pinnies on our honey moon.  Is it just me or is there alway another reason behind where we visit?

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Absolutely brilliant collection you could open a pinball museum.

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »
I've had the privilege of visiting Tony's games room. It is better than the photos show. In "real life" you also get that beautiful smell that only an aged EM pinball can give off.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »
Your a lucky man Bossninja im scratching for an excuse to go to sydney but the wife knows why lol