Author Topic: Echuca Penny Arcade  (Read 16343 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Echuca Penny Arcade
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Was away last week in Moama camping with the family went into Echuca and checked out the penny arcade again.  It was exactly as I remembered it as a kid, must have been at least 20-25 years since I last went there. 

All the same machines, it is a little of a shame they haven't tried to source a few more.  Anyway still great fun, my fave is the soccer game from the 20s, (see Daniels pics), the ball rests in a depression infront of the metal player and you twist the handle to kick all the legs of your players, twisting the handle also moves your goalie to block the oppositions goal. Very cool, like a big fooseball game.

The skill tester is also one of my favorites and I can remember winning things on it when I was a kid, it is fairly easy to pick up the larger packets of popcorn (popcorn is in there because it is also a vintage movie house)  You twist the handle to aim the arm then once positioned you move the dial very gently which moves a pointer gauge on the rear panel which tells the game how har you want the arm to move out towards the glass.

Heaps of cigarette games which are fairly easy, the conveyor game Daniel was talking about is also very cool, I hardly got past the first wheel too mate  !@)

There was one machine that was possibly a new addition as Daniel doesn't have a photo of it, it had a blower and you had to aim a table tennis ball adjust the blowing pressure and angle and try to drop the ball on little arms where the ball would fall through and give you a score, unfortunately the score reels were not working (I could see them leaning on a angle behind where they should be) shame but it was still a fun game.

The US marshals was out of order I asked them about that as I thought Daniel would be interested as he owns one, they said a small part needed replacing they thought it would cost around $1000 so they probally will not bother fixing it. @.@  I didn't bother questioning the logic of that one I'm sure a local machine shop could easily make the part cheaply.  !@#

Those strength testers need a warning label attached, pulled a arm muscle showing how tough I was  :lol  Might have to sue them  *)*

Expensive to get in but I was talking the the lady before I went in about when I had been there previously and that I collected pinballs etc, I dont know if she made a mistake but it only cost $25 for the family and she gave us heaps of pennys no need to purchase more (which of course you could do)  Good fun, just a pitty they haven't expanded the arcade over the years.  Definately recommend popping in to anyone in the area  *%*