Author Topic: Echuca Penny Arcade  (Read 16239 times)

Offline Bayview

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
Re: Echuca Penny Arcade
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Thanks for posting the great pics Daniel. They have a lot of cool stuff. Will have to make sure I pop in when down that way. ^^^
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
thanks for posting the pics daniel, this arcade is now on the list of MUST see places on the families next visit to Melbourne.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 08:19:52 PM »
Pics are great mate, I definately remember the crane skill tester, and vaguely remember a few of the others.

No I can't mill out a piece of aluminium for you  *)*  <.>

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:01 PM »
Pics are great mate, I definately remember the crane skill tester, and vaguely remember a few of the others.

No I can't mill out a piece of aluminium for you  *)*  <.>

Didn't even think of you LOL.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »
It goes to show
There is more imagination in these games
more than what has been put into pinball over the last 15 years

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
Was away last week in Moama camping with the family went into Echuca and checked out the penny arcade again.  It was exactly as I remembered it as a kid, must have been at least 20-25 years since I last went there. 

All the same machines, it is a little of a shame they haven't tried to source a few more.  Anyway still great fun, my fave is the soccer game from the 20s, (see Daniels pics), the ball rests in a depression infront of the metal player and you twist the handle to kick all the legs of your players, twisting the handle also moves your goalie to block the oppositions goal. Very cool, like a big fooseball game.

The skill tester is also one of my favorites and I can remember winning things on it when I was a kid, it is fairly easy to pick up the larger packets of popcorn (popcorn is in there because it is also a vintage movie house)  You twist the handle to aim the arm then once positioned you move the dial very gently which moves a pointer gauge on the rear panel which tells the game how har you want the arm to move out towards the glass.

Heaps of cigarette games which are fairly easy, the conveyor game Daniel was talking about is also very cool, I hardly got past the first wheel too mate  !@)

There was one machine that was possibly a new addition as Daniel doesn't have a photo of it, it had a blower and you had to aim a table tennis ball adjust the blowing pressure and angle and try to drop the ball on little arms where the ball would fall through and give you a score, unfortunately the score reels were not working (I could see them leaning on a angle behind where they should be) shame but it was still a fun game.

The US marshals was out of order I asked them about that as I thought Daniel would be interested as he owns one, they said a small part needed replacing they thought it would cost around $1000 so they probally will not bother fixing it. @.@  I didn't bother questioning the logic of that one I'm sure a local machine shop could easily make the part cheaply.  !@#

Those strength testers need a warning label attached, pulled a arm muscle showing how tough I was  :lol  Might have to sue them  *)*

Expensive to get in but I was talking the the lady before I went in about when I had been there previously and that I collected pinballs etc, I dont know if she made a mistake but it only cost $25 for the family and she gave us heaps of pennys no need to purchase more (which of course you could do)  Good fun, just a pitty they haven't expanded the arcade over the years.  Definately recommend popping in to anyone in the area  *%*

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
Popped in again today, cost $7 per person and you receive 7 penny's each, I bought an extra 25 penny's for $10. So $45 for the family of 5 and we were in there for nearly an hour.
A few machines were not working, and the kids were a bit upset when a few swallowed their penny's without starting, but well worth the money.
Won at least 15 penny's on the game with the aluminium slots that Daniel mentioned in his post so made up for the non starters  ^^^
The 1920's soccer game (see Daniels pic) has the back unlocked so you can free a stuck ball, which is quite common under a retracted footballers leg, but definitely my favourite game there, such a beautiful piece of engineering. Could only imagine seeing this for the first time as a boy in the 20's   *%*
The kids pumped about 5 penny's each into the old skill tester and came out with a few bags of popcorn each. I think the old grumpy lady at the desk was a bit upset at that as she would have to make up a few new bags   *)*
Love all the old games in there, would probably be the only place in Australia the public can go to and experience such an amazing piece of history (until Daniel gets all his games in his shed up and running  :lol )
Check it out if you get the chance.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:52 PM »
A couple of short vids of the place

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 10:51:33 PM »
Popped in again today, cost $7 per person and you receive 7 penny's each, I bought an extra 25 penny's for $10. So $45 for the family of 5 and we were in there for nearly an hour.
A few machines were not working, and the kids were a bit upset when a few swallowed their penny's without starting, but well worth the money.
Won at least 15 penny's on the game with the aluminium slots that Daniel mentioned in his post so made up for the non starters  ^^^
The 1920's soccer game (see Daniels pic) has the back unlocked so you can free a stuck ball, which is quite common under a retracted footballers leg, but definitely my favourite game there, such a beautiful piece of engineering. Could only imagine seeing this for the first time as a boy in the 20's   *%*
The kids pumped about 5 penny's each into the old skill tester and came out with a few bags of popcorn each. I think the old grumpy lady at the desk was a bit upset at that as she would have to make up a few new bags   *)*
Love all the old games in there, would probably be the only place in Australia the public can go to and experience such an amazing piece of history (until Daniel gets all his games in his shed up and running  :lol )
Check it out if you get the chance.
need to get myself there. Good to see the family had a great time
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 11:47:36 PM »
Great Matt.  Havnt been in ages need to get back and repair a few machines by the sounds of it.   I have one of them soccer games in my cue ;)

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
Thought you did, was the skill tester you had in your shed that you have to turn the knobs keeping the penny inline whilst it shocks you harder from there? I asked the lady about it as it was out of order but she was a grumpy b. She said kids play around with the knobs and it breaks easily.
It looked exactly the same as the one you had.

Offline ralph67

• Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 05:45:46 AM »
 Good update Ktm450 and video links of the place ,
 Was there about 3 years ago  with a friend, The person then was a younger nicer lady though , and she gave us a cup full of pennies too! @@*
Great place for a visit , had a few wins too on the line up the pennies game.
  I remember a few games not working but well worth a look ...
One-Ball!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »
Thought you did, was the skill tester you had in your shed that you have to turn the knobs keeping the penny inline whilst it shocks you harder from there? I asked the lady about it as it was out of order but she was a grumpy b. She said kids play around with the knobs and it breaks easily.
It looked exactly the same as the one you had.

Yeah that's the one mate.   I was rebuilding it for them.  I basically had to reverse engineer it from the few pieces that were left inside it.  Stupid bloody kids

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »
Shame it has broken already, glad I had a chance to play it at your house. Gives a bloody good shock  :lol
Maybe you should quiz them if they want to sell it seeing it plays up so much &&

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »
If I ever get back there maybe I will