Author Topic: Echuca Penny Arcade  (Read 16244 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Echuca Penny Arcade
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Sorry for the delay its been a while since our visit to the penny arcade. 

The penny arcade is called sharps movie house and is situated in the Historic Port area of echuca many times id asked locals if they knew where it was and i alswas ot the same reply..  That closed down years ago so if you ask a local and they say that just keep looking.

All the games are setup in an old building that also has old fashioned black and white movies playing on a big screen not sure how many machines in total but there has to be atleast 50 machines to play and some real beauties.

Here are a few pics

First pic is the 1955 Us marshals similar to the one i have and i must say im very very happy with the condition of mine after seein this one again

Second Pic is an old Golf game was great fun and very challenging

Third pic is a motorised game you put you penny in and the wheels start to turn your ball drops into play and it stoped by a gate controlled by you.   The idea is to release the ball at just the right time so it lands in the correct spot on the spinning wheel if your succesful your ball is carried up to the next gate if not your ball is eaten and you loose

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Echuca Penny Arcade
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:39:58 PM »

More pics !

So you were lucky enough to find another US Marshall's -  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:08:07 PM »

So you were lucky enough to find another US Marshall's -  ^^^

Sounds like they are as common as muck  <.>

I like the look of that 'Converyor' game

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »
Yeah Pete the conveyer game was great fun my son could get it to the top a few times i dont think i even made it past the first wheel lol.

First Photo is of a game where you put in your penny to release a ball if you got the all into the win scoop you would get your penny back and another ball.

second photo is an old british Pokie type achine disguised as a clock to fool the plod to win you needed the clock hands to land on an hourso big hand on the 12

Third is a Love meter push in your coin and a random Globe would light to indicate your sex appeal

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »
Looks very kool daniel,thanks for sharing,So did the love meter light up for you  %.%

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:37:19 AM »
Thanks for posting Daniel, I love the look of that place. Have a client with a settlement in Echuca on Friday, wonder if she'll wear the cost of me doing it personally.. ..  <.>
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:31:03 AM »

Third is a Love meter push in your coin and a random Globe would light to indicate your sex appeal

How'd you score mate?  *)*

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:36:39 AM »
I very vaguely remember going in there on a family trip to Echuca when I was a kid, we had a blast.  Must have been about 20 years ago. I remember a few of the games and a huge fortune teller near the entry/exit, but I'm sure it would have changed a bit since then.
One thing I do remember was a bunch of pennys cost a fortune and my parents only gave my brothers and I a few each.
Would love to get back up there one day to check it out and see how it looks now.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »
The fortune teller is still near the entrance lol.

A few years ago when I went they were really tight with the pennies.    This time the lady literally gave me a bowl full then when I went to buy more she gave me another bowl full they are new owners so hopefully they realized people need more pennies to enjoy it and hopefully come back

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
First Photo is a Mutoscope for those who dont know you drop your penny in which turns on a light allowing you to see the movie which is all done with photos like a flick book you made in school of your teachers head getting cut off lol

Second is similar to the one in the other post Penny in releases the ball winning cup returns your penny losing cup loses he ball this one is good because if your ball keeps getting returned until you get it in (Some dont one shot only )

Third is the same as above but to collect your winning if yor lucky you twist the dial on the lower left this moves the slide to dispense the money these can be adjusted to give one or more pennies per win.  Imagine how many more coins would have been played knowing they have the chance to win 2  (Suckers LOL)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 11:02:58 PM »
This first one is an absolute ripper it was from the 1920s im sure the sign said sadly the ball was stuck but you got the idea.   You pushed your coin in to release the ball there are two teams of soccer players who swing there leg when you worked the control the floor was shaped so that the ball always rolled to the foot of a player  each an facing toward there goal.  Bloody brilliant  ()

Second is another alwin machine (Main maker of these games back in the day.     These were fairly well rigged in favour of the house the few winning cups had nails either side so if the ball went to go in it would bounce out.  No nails in the losing holes.   

Thirds is similar again drop the coin gives a ball but this one each time the handle is pulled the arrow in the center moves the idea is to get the ball to fall to the right of the arrow sometimes theres a huge gap some times theres hardly any

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
the first photo is of one of my sons favorites same basic idea drop coin shoot the ball but this one has a winning cup controlled by you.  The ball bounces around the pin maze as you move the cup to try catch it.  If you do it spits out a few pennys that are in full view and looks awsome watching them all roll.
    Heath loved it because the first time he played it he caught the ball the machine got jammed and released all the pennys that were trapped

Second is machine that gives you an electric shock ran off 5c coins got a million of them when you dont need them but only had 1 put it in not realizing you need to twist the right handle for more juice so i got nothing and assumed it was broken (Dumb ass)  I love the writting ELECTRICITY FOR HEALTH AND FUN Almost as funny as the old COke adds Healthful and deliciouse  %.%

Third one is the same only diference is this one paid out a cigarette instead of a Penny
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:42:45 AM by ddstoys »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »
This first one is thae same but you have the option af a penny or a smoke as a prize

Second the one on the left is a cricket theme you drop the coin in and try shoot it into the winning spots but has a nasty little feature that if you pull the shooter back to far you loose the coin without getting a shot the other one just randomly spins and tells you your fat a loser or some crap like that

Third is another old mutoscope some chick getting nude in her bedroom from memory

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 11:56:17 AM »
First one is a fortune teller not much to tell

Second is another love tester again nothing to tell  (Cold Fish)

Third is a picture viewer drop in your coin which allowys one full turn of the picture (Nude chicks naturally)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
These last two are my personal favorites

First one is an old skill tester.   It has a crane that you can rotate then drop the claw to try pick up lollies and bags of pop corn.   Bloody beautiful heaps of detail and in awsome condition wish i had one in my shed

Second photo is an awsome game drop your coin in then use the plunger to shoot the coin to hard it falls out of play and its lost.   Drop it into a non full groove and its lost but if you get it into a full groove it falls into the back of the machine you turn the handle and it releases all the coins from that groove.   If i knew someone who could mill me out a piece of aliminium that size id build myself one  &&