Author Topic: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PRESENTING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 20 YEARS  (Read 504 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PRESENTING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 20 YEARS
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:07:12 AM »
i know Nino will be happy to see and a few other aswell but for the first time in 20 or 30 years one of Ninos dads jukeboxes is back together.   Not working but looking like a complete Juke.      This will still be completely stripped and rebuilt at a later date hopefully new chrome all round MMMMMMM new chrome  but for now it looks good and complete

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Nice one Daniel, I love the old jukes, looking forward to spinning a few 45's in that man-cave of yours
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

I'm absolutely thrilled that you have a piece of our history in your man-cave  ^^^

I'm also not surprised that someone of your ability has this old Juke working. I met a collector on Saturday who bought around 10 Jukes from my father in the early 80's (this guy has 35-40 Jukes). There are plenty around, but the knowledge to repair them, is in people like your hands, Daniel.

Sure brings back some memories of when they were in operation !

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I thought you would like the update Nino.    This machine is the or that was in a million pieces and looks so good being back together hopefully seeing it like this I'll get motivated to get the old girl pumping

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Looks great already Daniel .. can't wait to see the refurbed version  *%*
Would love to get one of these but unfortuanately I don't have the space
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE

I'm absolutely thrilled that you have a piece of our history in your man-cave  ^^^

I'm also not surprised that someone of your ability has this old Juke working. I met a collector on Saturday who bought around 10 Jukes from my father in the early 80's (this guy has 35-40 Jukes). There are plenty around, but the knowledge to repair them, is in people like your hands, Daniel.

^^^
I met a bloke who lived in St Kilda probally around 10 years ago that had the best collection of Jukes from all eras most restored and plenty yet to be restored and he also had old 50's microphones and all sorts of collectables. He was a fantastic guy who welcomed me into his home on our 1st meet gee I wonder if he still has that amazing collection of from what I can remember probally 20-30 machines. Keep up the good work Dan <..>

Peter/b]

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I would have expected it to be full of KISS singles

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Nino probably snagged all the kiss records before his dad even had the chance to get parts  %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

^^^
I met a bloke who lived in St Kilda probally around 10 years ago that had the best collection of Jukes from all eras most restored and plenty yet to be restored and he also had old 50's microphones and all sorts of collectables. He was a fantastic guy who welcomed me into his home on our 1st meet gee I wonder if he still has that amazing collection of from what I can remember probally 20-30 machines. Keep up the good work Dan <..>

Peter/b]

Same collector, Peter. His name was Frank and I spent the best part of two hours chatting about the "good old days". He has an amazing collection of 50's memorabilia.

I would have expected it to be full of KISS singles

^^^

I remember going to the Edwards St (Reservoir) Record store Every Saturday morning. I was 10-11 years old at the time, and Dad had Jukes on location all over Melbourne. So we would step up to the counter, ask for the "3XY Top 40" and Dad would order 10 sets of the "top 10" for that week (could have been longer), and he would take these records home and then type out the title strips on the ancient Olivetti Typewriter (still works). Then during the week (or two) he would cycle out the old records and install the new ones. An amazing time of my youth, as I can recall so much music from those days. I often get asked - "Why do you listen to KISS" ? Because I spent 10 years listening to Jukes boxes full of "top 10" singles and I did'nt like them that much !

I have some SUPER rare records ;

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven - Was never officially released as a single, but I have the record
Norman Gunston - Marching in the KISS Army - A KISS collector valued it around US$100 with the original cover
Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis - Tons of records !

Nino probably snagged all the kiss records before his dad even had the chance to get parts  %.%

I bought my FIRST Cassettes in 1978

KISS - Alive!
KISS- Destroyer

Later on, I bought EVERY Cassette. Still have some of them and I have an unplayed Cassette worth US$75. Probably bought it for $7.99

Daniel - look at the later titles on your Juke - this would have been the year it was last operated.

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
Very nice Daniel (and Nino).  ^^^
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Yeah, Stairway to heaven is virtually impossible to find, i was looking for it for my jukebox a (Seeberg j100) there were about 150 demos done that sell for about $100 if you can find one, it was also on an EP which sells for over $200.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Looks great mate  ^^^

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Irrespective of whether it is a pinball, arcade machine or jukebox - how good is it to see an old machine brought back to life. 

Nino you must be stoked to see the old girl taking shape.  Let's just hope that at least one of our kids shares the same passion as us later on in life to keep the old girls in our collections running.

Great stuff guys!
Addicted to pins.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Very nice Daniel, what a great piece of History.  Must get myself one when im cashed up.   ^^^ ^^^
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Irrespective of whether it is a pinball, arcade machine or jukebox - how good is it to see an old machine brought back to life. 

Nino you must be stoked to see the old girl taking shape.  Let's just hope that at least one of our kids shares the same passion as us later on in life to keep the old girls in our collections running.

Great stuff guys!

Blair - Nothing makes me happier than seeing "history" in other's gamesrooms. Especially GREAT people like Daniel who have an endless dedication to the hobby. The future lies our kids' hands and we have to pass on our experience AND these old machines. Luckily, (to the best of my knowledge) - All the Jukes that were gathering dust are in member's garages or gamesrooms.

I'm stoked that the pins, jukes, billiard tables, video cabs, cocktail cabs and even a cigarette vending machine are in my friend's gamesroom. I just wish there was more left in storage that I can pass on. There will be more, and as always, offerred HERE first.

I will visit Daniel's place again and listen to a few tunes and enjoy a beer  @@*