Author Topic: Facebook Aussie Pinball  (Read 768 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Facebook Aussie Pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
Facebook to me represents everything that is wrong with society today. No intimate face to face interraction, just trivial keyboard crap and everyone thinks they are friends. A friend of ours has over 300 Facebook friends yet only sees 1 or 2 people in his "real" world. What a joke! It really has taught people that personal interraction is no longer required in society. That it's OK to message or text someone rather than talking to them. The end result is we are breeding a generation of brain dead zombies who don't even know how to communicate with each other or their families. Kids who will struggle in the real corporate world because they are so different to the generation before them.

Do me a favour...Why don't you ask your 300 facebook friends to come around and help you paint your house or help you landscape the garden? See how many put their hand up. Yeah friends my arse!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
Couldn't agree more Tony

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »

There was an interesting documentary on SBS a couple of weeks before Christmas. It focus on a study of South Korea teenagers who spend more time online than any other country. Some kids were spending 18 hours a day. The experiment was to remove internet access  for one week. The study found that most of these children already had developed anti social issues, anxiety and depression. The average age was fourteen.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
Although it looks like the facebook idea wont take off, any idea to encourage more exposure for AP is worth at least the discussion.

Creech is so right about the teenagers of today, their communication skills are so poor compared to when i was a kid.

When my father would take me to someones house or business, he would practice talking with me, teaching me how to introduce myself, word for word and how to look a man in the eye and shake hands like a man. Also, to do the same thing when we left and how to say it was a pleasure meeting you etc.

Today, when I speak to kids 18 etc etc for business, they rarely ever shake hands, look u in the eye, are never dressed appropriately, and usually have headphones in their ears playing while u r trying to talk to them. And when they speak, its a jumble of slang terms that u might text to someone on a phone etc, it really is different today.

I will raise my young son the old fashioned way, teach him to respect older people, see if i can get him into the Air Force as a young bloke like I did when I left school, and try n even up the numbers of men who are men, instead of young blokes these days with haircuts like girls, wearing feminine clothes, and all the rest.

FACEBOOK, not my cup of tea, cant see the reason to show off to strangers.lol  It must have a valid reason for exsisting, i just havent learnt it yet !.lol  @.@
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 02:19:10 PM »
i dont mind FB

met alot of friends i lost when i met the old wife and also met the new mrs narf via FB

also stern have a page which is not bad to follow as gives hints and photos of upcomming stuff ect

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
Although it looks like the facebook idea wont take off, any idea to encourage more exposure for AP is worth at least the discussion.

I agree, it is an idea that is worth a try
(Most of my freinds on facebook are already members)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 05:25:46 PM »
It has seven freinds so far, and is still VERY basic, havnt even added any pictures yet.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 07:42:29 PM »
Nothing wrong with Facebook if it is used in the right sort of ways.

Hopefully the Facebook page will eventually attract a few more new members to the forum: certainly no harm in trying as far as I can see.