Author Topic: Facebook Aussie Pinball  (Read 771 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Facebook Aussie Pinball
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:05:10 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, by why not start an Aussie Pinball facebook page?  This could help bring new members to this site when they search for key words such as Pinball?  It can also be good for all members currently on Facebook to keep up to date.  I am happy to assist or start it off if the Admins think it worth while?

Any thoughts?
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Facebook Aussie Pinball
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »

I'm not really into facebook (just a personal thing), but if others are interested, I don't see why not ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:40:49 PM »
Why not? I'm happy too if Dean wants to set it up. I do have a Facebook account for the business side of life, can't see an issue.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Ok leave it with me and I will set it up.    ^^^  No harm in trying to attract more members..

Dean
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
great stuff Dean,gasgas face book is new and it's getting lots of interest,so I think your on a good thing.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
Ok leave it with me and I will set it up.    ^^^  No harm in trying to attract more members..

Dean

Aren't you afraid people will find out your real name????

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 08:15:48 PM »

Dean

Aren't you afraid people will find out your real name????

Good idea, and there is already a section on here for revealing your real name.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 01:44:22 AM »
It may help bring in new members
(but many potential members do not like to have to register before they can sample the forum)

But as for discussion between current members, surely that is what the forum is for?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 07:52:38 AM »
It might be worth seeing if it is possible to aggregate some feeds from the pinball news sites at the Facebook page?

Offline Bayview

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Hervey Bay. Qld.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:37 AM »
I'm not into Facebook either. But I'm certainly not going to dig my heels in if thats' what the members want to do.
 !@#
Ya just gotta luv an EM.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »
I'm not into Facebook either

I reckon it is a decent idea.

I am not a huge FB user ( once a week look ) - BUT I did recently get back in touch with an old mate I had been 'searching' by all the old conventional methods for 10+ years,  so for that alone I think FB is VERY cool  *)*
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
I dont use facebook at all. never bothered with it. After seeing my 18 yr old daughter showing off on it, with stupid photos and stuff, it was enough for me.  @.@

HOWEVER, what about forum members upload a photo of themselves to the forum so we can put a name to a face.

Can the MODS suggest a place on the forum for such a photo. Maybe if thre was a link on the profile page, apart from the avatar photo.

ANYONE else think its a good idea ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
I dont use facebook at all. never bothered with it. After seeing my 18 yr old daughter showing off on it, with stupid photos and stuff, it was enough for me.  @.@

HOWEVER, what about forum members upload a photo of themselves to the forum so we can put a name to a face.

Can the MODS suggest a place on the forum for such a photo. Maybe if thre was a link on the profile page, apart from the avatar photo.

ANYONE else think its a good idea ?  !@#

I am proud to say that i will go to my grave having never joined,tried to join or even considered joining Facebook

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
While I really appreciate the idea and thought put into getting more exposure for AP, I don't think Facebook is the answer.

Type "pinball forum" into Google and see what you get. We are top of the class! How would people find us on Facebook except via a link on AP's home page?

I'm just not convinced it's worth the trouble of setting it up. Besides, wouldn't it mean traffic gets diverted away from this site? Isn't that why this forum was setup? So pinheads could meet here?

Sorry to piss on the parade but I'm not convinced.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »
I dont use facebook at all. never bothered with it. After seeing my 18 yr old daughter showing off on it, with stupid photos and stuff, it was enough for me.  @.@

ANYONE else think its a good idea ?  !@#

I am proud to say that i will go to my grave having never joined,tried to join or even considered joining Facebook

Im glad to see i am not the only one not interested in facebook  :lol
 My niece logged in to facebook while visiting me recently and showed me some other peoples profiles, etc. i too, having seen pics on there of my nephew looking like a freak, and some of the stupid crap people write on there was enough for me too, just ridiculous trivial crap.... Another of my nieces, wanted to set me up with a facebook profile, i sad NOOO WAY  :lol

I think the forum member photo thing is not a bad idea.. would be good, as you say to put a face to the name.
hell i only know TWO AP members in person so far.. one i met thru AP and the other i persuaded to join.. maybe i need to get out and about more  %.% %.%
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:06:24 PM by Mr Pinbologist »