Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57153 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL !!
looks the part to me ( even unfinished and not fully playable )
The way Jack speaks is pure passion and you can see he and his crew are in it for the right reason.   
The new technology ( proprietary ) introduced is freakin' awesome and I am sure people will be gathered around this machine to either play or be entertained and be reminded of their child hood.
The more I see and here about this company JJP I am surely stoked about their mission and wish them all success in bringing more pinball to the masses.
Great vid coon82, thanks for posting , really enjoyed watching this .
more more  #*#
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2012, 07:53:50 PM »
COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL !!
looks the part to me ( even unfinished and not fully playable )
The way Jack speaks is pure passion and you can see he and his crew are in it for the right reason.   
The new technology ( proprietary ) introduced is freakin' awesome and I am sure people will be gathered around this machine to either play or be entertained and be reminded of their child hood.
The more I see and here about this company JJP I am surely stoked about their mission and wish them all success in bringing more pinball to the masses.
Great vid coon82, thanks for posting , really enjoyed watching this .
more more  #*#

Couldn't agree more. There's been a bit of criticism about the theme but I think they've done an awsome job with it and I can't wait to see what they do next. Good luck to them and Stern have there work cut out to keep up I think.  Hopefully they rise to the challenge and we the hobbiests are all the winners!

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2012, 08:32:35 PM »
It just keeps getting better!
The effects achieved with the RGB LED system is just the dog's bollocks - superb.
Tantalising sneak previews of the awesome LCD animations.
Still some secrets up JJ's sleeve too.
All this from a beta machine - how cool is the finished item going to be?
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2012, 10:05:08 PM »
Great isnt it?? JJ has done more to advance pinball in one machine than Stern have over the last 10 years.... his whole agenda screams innovation and a strive to move forward.. hells bells, this is what kept pinball alive over so many years from bagatelle to well... Jacks WOZ. I still do not like the theme, but i love the embrace of RGB lighting to programme so many moods and modes in a single game.. the LCD screen ( should have happened 5 years ago), The mix of old and new.. im still strung out over the targets to hit once the ball is lost.. YES!!! Its a NUDGERS GAME!!!!.. this hasnt been around since woodrail games.. stand like a static statue and you have missed the point.. get nudging! Move that machine to rack up some more essential points.
Its a players machine and obviously made by someone who understand ALL of pinball.

Loving your work Jack

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
Thanks for video it was interesting Jack sure is passionate about pinball and I will be waiting to see pinball number 2 .

Peter

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
Thanks for video it was interesting Jack sure is passionate about pinball and I will be waiting to see pinball number 2 .

Peter

Yep interesting video and I love how they've they've managed to advance pinball with this machine. Hopefully no.2 title is a blinder also!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2012, 10:11:14 PM »
90 minute presentation by JJP at the NW Pinball Show:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23203884.

Other recorded presentations by David Thiel, JPop and Doug Watson also available at the link (RHS of screen).

Here are some of the salient points for those who don't wish to listen to the entire presentation.

Game will be low scoring (not in the billions).

There are 3 units that have been built to date - one will be sited to play test soon.

Games are scheduled to ship in August - they will ship in order of when they were ordered, so the persons who made the first initial deposits on January 9, 2011 (approx 123 people) will receive their games first, next day 125 made a deposit and they will be next and so on.

The Canadian and Australian distributors ordered over 150 units.

Game cost over $2 million to secure license, design and build.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:08:07 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #532 on: June 11, 2012, 12:25:39 AM »
WOZ game play; the little kid looks a bit serious; looks like he needs to loosen up a bit.
&feature=plcp [/youtube]
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #533 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:04 AM »
Build quality looks excellent. Hard to see flow as the guy who took video did a lousy job.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #534 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
It's still just a Pinball...I fail to see how a LCD screen and some colour changing lights is game changing and this game even although visually stunning is no exception..Looks like it could be a stop and go spectacular as well but I could be wrong.
Neither company is changing the game for mine and I don't really care if it changes or not,...it is still just pinball and as long as there are fast pins with flow and cool themes that is all i care about.
This is not a cool theme at all. ::)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 09:05:19 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #535 on: June 11, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »
It's still just a Pinball...I fail to see how a LCD screen and some colour changing lights is game changing and this game even although visually stunning is no exception..Looks like it could be a stop and go spectacular as well but I could be wrong.
Neither company is changing the game for mine and I don't really care if it changes or not,...it is still just pinball and as long as there are fast pins with flow and cool themes that is all i care about.
This is not a cool theme at a all. ::)

Well or course its just pinball.. it was just pinball when they added electricity... just pinball when added the bumper.. just pinball when added the flipper... just pinball when flippers went at the bottom of the PF.. just pinball when you could play 2 players, just pinball when score reels were introduced...etc etc etc.... Its ALL part of the progress of this great game PINBALL and new innovations come in small steps which LEAD to larger ones.
The notion to make ALL lamps RGB is innovation.. no doubt this will go down as the first pinball to have complete colour changing GI and controlled lamps... how cool is the GREEN Condition on Space Station??? Its awesome! There were 2 GI power runs to achieve this and a switch over from one lamp circuit to another.. old and convaluted way to do it now, but the effect is awesome.
GONE is the now so boring DMD with its clumsy pixel arrangement... in comes LCD... its ALL innovation and the move forward in pinball.
I will lay money on both of these features now being a part of ALL pinballs made in the future... THATS why its innovation.

The step from EM to DMD wasnt done overnight... its a steady creep from one technology to another and this WOZ is a steady creep in the right direction.
STERN gets a kick in the arse and serve them right for sticking to the same old same old recipe... before ACDC there are quite a few discussions on how stale the Stern agenda is.. but you have to remember that right from the start they were industry followers not leaders.

Watch pinball progress and become more popular in the next 5 years.. and you can lay all credit to Jack...1 for making  a few moves forward utilising current technology ( successful idea for over 80 years) and 2 for making Stern lift their game.
Competition and innovation.. its what kept this industry alive for so long

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #536 on: June 11, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »
Watch pinball progress and become more popular in the next 5 years.. and you can lay all credit to Jack...1 for making  a few moves forward utilising current technology ( successful idea for over 80 years) and 2 for making Stern lift their game.
Sorry, but pinball will never make a comeback
No matter what Jack or Gary do

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #537 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »
Well said Retropin.

Sorry, but pinball will never make a comeback
No matter what Jack or Gary do

Never say never. A comeback doesn't have to be in the arcades to be considered a comeback. We can call it what we like, but there is a resurgence of interest in Pinball and that is a start.
I think it's great hearing people say the machine looks great, stunning, beautiful etc. That in itself is big. As the quality factor and artwork was very important in pinballs prime (still is). I see there is a current thread on The Shadow. Good example of the artwork detracting peoples interest of the game...
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #538 on: June 11, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »
Don't forget that pinball was dying in the late 80's early 90's and had a resurgence once DMD pins arrived. Maybe LCD can do similar..... Of course we don't have arcades any longer so public sites are going to have to be pubs, cafes etc.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #539 on: June 11, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
Sorry, but pinball has always needed life support
A game can only sit on location for a short time before the punters get bored and need a new game to play
that was fine during the golden Years, multiple manufactures bringing out many games per year, there was always something new to play

Now we have Stern bringing out 3-4 titles per year, JJP is only planning one game per year