Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57931 times)

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #975 on: December 15, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »
You're right Cavey if you place your shots correctly I found it flows really well. There will be scoring shots everywhere. When you see it in person the slippers may grow on you. IMO they fit in perfectly with the game theme and aesthetics.

One of the things I forgot about when playing the prototype at first was all the flippers. Mainly the one that sits in the common 3rd flipper location if that makes sense. But after a couple of games I really got into it. It was set on a 2 ball game with the outlane posts being very open which meant at times the games were pretty short.

I wouldn't say the game's slow, but the footage doesn't really do it justice. What I'm really waiting to see is the different modes and how much the LCD interacts with the game with complete code. There wasn't too much movement happening on the screen other than for the locked ball and the witch on the broomstick (for game over). Although video footage was fairly limited at the time, I really liked the animation and sound quality was great.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #976 on: December 30, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
Anyone have any new WOZ news ?   Its been pretty quiet from the JJP factory ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #977 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
Anyone have any new WOZ news ?   Its been pretty quiet from the JJP factory ?  !@#

Nup

There is a board that has had to be redesigned
other than that we are just waiting on the software to be written (as we have for the last 7 months)

EDIT
Jack has a special on his invisiglass, but I suppose you need to live in the USA to get it
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:41:12 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #978 on: December 30, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »
Bumpers the resellers here so maybe they have a deal running also on the glass .

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #979 on: December 30, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
Good to know Ill enquire when we start back if we can get the special on the glass

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #980 on: December 30, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »
Good to know Ill enquire when we start back if we can get the special on the glass

Please advise if this is the case.  *%*

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #981 on: January 02, 2013, 11:43:22 PM »
Good video of the Jersey Jack factory tour (the day the hobbit premiered).

[ Invalid YouTube link ]&feature=endscreen
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #982 on: January 03, 2013, 01:16:50 AM »
Hey Gavin go to 18.22 on the video , is that I think it is ?

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #983 on: January 03, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
Hey Gavin go to 18.22 on the video , is that I think it is ?

Would be good eh?? But its not..LOL

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #984 on: January 03, 2013, 10:19:06 PM »
 $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

Wizard of OZ pinball thread has moved into number 1 position of thread reads of all time/ in the history of Aussie Pinball, with almost 11,900 reads.

I dont think any other pinball title will ever beat this because the WOZ has taken so long to design, build n get started on the production line, which is why it has grown to be the biggest thread ever on Aussie Pinball.

The AC/DC thread was only just passed,

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7827.0

but I think was around alot less than the WOZ thread. Something tells me the WOZ thread will probably get to 13 or 14 thousand reads by the time the machine is built, released, code and physical factory machine upgrades, then aftermarket mods made avail etc, followed by some 2nd hand or BNIB machine sales/offerings hitting the various forums/ebay etc.

Anyway, the WOZ thread is far from finished, with JJP starting ? the production line sometime in 2013. Alot of posts n reads still to come on this exciting title/topic.  ^^^ A big thanks to ANT(Tony) who has been instrumental in providing great updates from day one and all the way along with many other members contributing as well. Well done WOZ.  ^^^ Stay tuned, more info to come in 2013 from JJP !
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:20:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #985 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:43 AM »
info pulled from Pingame Journal

January 3, 2013 -- JERSEY JACK PINBALL and WIZARD OF OZ ON REPLAY COVER!
WOW! 2013 is starting off great for Jersey Jack and WOZ ... first there is a one-of-a-kind New Year photo on the PGJ web site (below) and then the January, 2013 edition of REPLY magazine that arrived in the mail is sporting this impressive cover. In the liner notes, "On The Cover" says:

"Labor of Love: Jack Guarnieri, who announced intentions to launch his Jersey Jack Pinball factory nearly two years ago, recently began building the initial run of Wizard of Oz games.

Test units are already on the street and Guarnieri says they will begin to fill orders and place games with distributors this month. The pinball, which picked up a debut award at last fall's IAAPA show, features an array of exciting mechanical toys, LED lighting, wide-body construction and, of course, the familiar Wizard of Oz licenced theme.

"Everybody that sees the game immediately gets the passion that was put into it," Guarnieri told RePlay. "If a game is fun, it makes money, and the industry is always ready for another game that makes money."
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #987 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »
And yet no firm date on shipping :(

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #988 on: January 10, 2013, 09:01:52 AM »
another new good read article

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/doers/2013/01/jersey_jack_pinball_wizard_of_oz_pinball_is_dying_can_arcade_entrepreneur.html

From the article page 2:

"According to company president Gary Stern, his firm sold more than 5,000 games in 2012."

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #989 on: January 10, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »
and people keep telling me Stern has to catch JJP........ *.* *.* *.*