Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57155 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1065 on: February 16, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »
A pinball machine is a piece of electrical equipment that needs to be certified
The certification has only jus been made today

I do not know what the people in the video were expecting but no production games were going to be released until the certification process was conplete

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1066 on: February 16, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »
January 18th is the answer...Well thats when it went on JJP news feed anyway,

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Wizard-of-Oz-to-hit-NYC---Code-Update-Video.html?soid=1104524641178&aid=KIP5wuJP2Qs

Then underneath it says that JJP has had 900 preorders for LE Hobbit.

Seems its a rock situation and a month old clip.. also possible that by Jan18th many not back from Xmas break... who knows?

LOL- How could a distributor NOT know about The Hobbit?? I know we all did way before Xmas

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:59:05 PM by Retropin »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1067 on: February 16, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
I wonder if they have the 1500 motherboards in as yet.......I am thinking NO, because wouldnt JJP do a press release to say that they have started full production and do a media press release showing photos or a video of everything in full production with the line full of machines and staff to ease the minds of waiting customers and others who are wondering what is/or isnt happening.....and whats with the glad wrap instead of proper shipping boxes ? are the proper boxes not ready yet also ? ......maybe they have a long way to go before they are fully organised etc....and they will still have to iron out bugs on the production line and any parts hassles/supply issues as they get things going.....rome wasnt built in a day.lol

If the part about certification only being completed in the last 24 hours is corect, then its correct that they probably havent started full production, hence the ghost town.....I am sure JJP will release something when full production starts, or when the motherboards x 1500 arrive etc.
Getting closer anyway.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Sunfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #1068 on: February 16, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »
Driver boards aren't expected until sometime near the end of February. Also, that was a prototype machine merely going from NJ to NYC (not a long drive) to be put on location. As a prototype, I believe it remains the property of JJP.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1069 on: February 16, 2013, 05:13:42 PM »
If JJP call it a final production model (which it probably is) and it breaks down, bad news travels fast, but if u call it a proto-type and it breaks down onsite, u have an excuse to cover any design faults....Unless the computer crashs etc, i cant see the JJP model doing anything majorly wrong and it shld run like a clock day in and day out since they are using all the latest n greatest hardware.

I wonder how many games the one atr Bumper Action has on it.....and if they have played it non stop for a whole day with lots of different players, just to give it a god flogging to see how she holds up....anyone here played the one at Bumper Action, or been past to look behind the curtain. ?  !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1070 on: February 16, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
 @.@
Certification started a while back .
Plastic wrap is just a temporary measure .
When was it filmed  @.@ .

Offline noj472

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #1071 on: February 16, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »
I wonder how many games the one atr Bumper Action has on it.....and if they have played it non stop for a whole day with lots of different players, just to give it a god flogging to see how she holds up....anyone here played the one at Bumper Action, or been past to look behind the curtain. ?  !@#
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played it on 1/2/13 on the Friday pinball faith night. Each person there got to play one game, would have probably been 50 people there. The guy in front of me kept getting the ball stuck behind the door in the upper left mini playfield. The guys there had to keep removing the glass to get it out.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1072 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
I read that the WOZ at bumper is in the showroom for anyone to play! Which makes sense if they won't to promote it and sell more?

Peter

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #1073 on: February 16, 2013, 10:25:47 PM »
I read that the WOZ at bumper is in the showroom for anyone to play! Which makes sense if they won't to promote it and sell more?

Peter

Hopefully your right Peter. makes sense if they want to promote and sell them to have one on the floor to play.  Must drop in for a game next time I'm in south Melbourne.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1074 on: February 16, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »
?? I thought someone said the other day on here that only people who had ordered one could play it and it was behind a curtain etc....they must have been joking then......We havent heard much about gameplay etc, and i would have thought the various members who had ordered one, would have posted about the game etc, but barely anyone has said much about the gameplay etc...I thought there were a good dozen buyers on AP etc...

Any of the regulars been down to play it ?  !@#

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #1075 on: February 16, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played it on 1/2/13 on the Friday pinball faith night. Each person there got to play one game, would have probably been 50 people there. The guy in front of me kept getting the ball stuck behind the door in the upper left mini playfield. The guys there had to keep removing the glass to get it out.
[/quote]

geez thats not a good look to be taking the glass off mid game %.%
Jack has stated on the WOZ forum that that ball stick issue has been addressed for new release games.... I guess that's why they site prototypes.. to find these types of issues

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1076 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:49 PM »
?? I thought someone said the other day on here that only people who had ordered one could play it and it was behind a curtain etc....they must have been joking then......We havent heard much about gameplay etc, and i would have thought the various members who had ordered one, would have posted about the game etc, but barely anyone has said much about the gameplay etc...I thought there were a good dozen buyers on AP etc...

Yeah I'm told it was behind a curtain for buyers only when it first arrived but its now on the floor for anyone to play but I could be wrong. I'd be promoting the buggery out of it and trying to sell more and maybe they will when it starts shipping.

Peter

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #1077 on: February 16, 2013, 11:40:35 PM »

geez thats not a good look to be taking the glass off mid game %.%
Jack has stated on the WOZ forum that that ball stick issue has been addressed for new release games.... I guess that's why they site prototypes.. to find these types of issues

[/quote]

No not a good look, but when I was in time zone Geelong a few weeks ago I got the highest score on Xmen the same way. Ball got stuck on the Rouge roll over and I kept shaking it to try and get it off. Bloody machine gave me 2 million for every shake! Blew the previous high score out of the water before I got my ball free!  :D

I'd be promoting the buggery out of it and trying to sell more and maybe they will when it starts shipping.

Peter

Agreed Peter. Pretty had to sell a car if you won't let anyone drive it. Why would pinball be any different? I would let anyone out of the store until they'd had a game.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #1078 on: February 18, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »

[/quote]

%.% That can't be good for site profits or the punters patience.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1079 on: February 18, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
I suppose that's the benefit of sited prototypes the feedback with issues helps for the full on released games.

Peter