Author Topic: Wizard Of OZ Pinball  (Read 57152 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Wizard Of OZ Pinball
« Reply #1605 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:13 PM »

As she is the love of m life, I have to end our friendship here and now.  %$% mods take note of this please, and no one mention anything about chickens either  @.@

Noted, DDS & PG friendship forum approved termination in place.

Now, back to pinball you chicken f*#$ers!!
Hahaha

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #1606 on: July 14, 2013, 02:53:22 PM »
 $$(

As she is the love of m life, I have to end our friendship here and now.  %$% mods take note of this please, and no one mention anything about chickens either  @.@

Noted, DDS & PG friendship forum approved termination in place.

Now, back to pinball you chicken f*#$ers!!

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #1607 on: July 14, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
Did someone really just call me a chicken farter ?
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #1608 on: July 14, 2013, 06:29:58 PM »
 !@# Twister?
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #1609 on: July 14, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
If this Pinchroma character is the best guy Jersey Jack can find to publicly represent him on forums, he needs to start a real PR department to better represent him.

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1610 on: July 14, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
If this Pinchroma character is the best guy Jersey Jack can find to publicly represent him on forums, he needs to start a real PR department to better represent him.

Funny - after Mike's bigoted postings about US/Canada, a lot of people outside Australia are thinking the same thing about him!

Guess we're all stuck with what we got... in my opinion!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #1611 on: July 14, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
To enlighten members here the "bigoted posts" Sunfox refers to I will very briefly summarize here:

There was a post started on another forum about TAG. I didn't start it and didn't really WANT it started either because, for various reasons, most NOT known to any of the members on that forum INCLUDING Sunfox I had no intention of selling TAG to the USA.

Most posters were unimpressed to the point of ridicule about TAG - I knew well in advance this would likely be the case as the show was never really popular in the USA.

That was fine - I knew it would be so. At exactly the same moment I was replying to a post in that thread I received my 5th PayPal chargeback from a Canadian (the previous 4 were from Americans) all in a FIVE WEEK PERIOD!!!

I was furious as the USA represents about 5% of Homepin business BUT created 100% of the problems - I vented on the thread and changed my website front page to say that I would no longer sell to the USA because of "too many small minded idiots that trust PayPal and chargeback at a moments notice" - or words to that effect. I have since softened my stance a little, but not much, those comments remain true - I NEVER said "ALL" as most of the pitchfork wielding posters seemed to think - I said "too many".

For some reason known only to Americans, they are the only ones in the entire world that are "allowed" to sell pinball and pinball parts and nowhere else in the world exists.

Of course every two bit idiot then had to stick the knife in including a couple of Australian posters that have been banned from both Australian forums and a well known Melbourne seller of pinball parts who has said he is making a machine. All sorts of stupid comments followed mostly fuelled by Pinchroma and Sunfox. "I will copy all Homepin boards and put them out of business" and similar rubbish.

That's the guts of the story and all I can say is that if JJP does, in fact employ this Pinchroma character then God help them. If you think his comments on this forum were out of order then you would surely cringe at his "thread resurrection" today designed only to try and damage me after he failed miserably with his attempt here. He falsely claimed in his initial resurrection post that I was slandering Americans and Canadians "on other forums" - that is a lie, out and out. he then took the opportunity to re-post a screenshot from my webpage that was up for no longer than 30 minutes whilst I was fuming at the thieves who stole from me.

Then he suggested I "shuffle off with my walking frame old man" - he really is a complete embarrassmant to JJP if, in fact, he does work there.

Jack responded to a very polite email I sent him about Pinchroma but did not confirm or deny that this person worked for him.

In any case I have tried at all times to remain logical about things but these personal attacks mostly from Pinchroma but also from Sunfox really are not acceptable in any shape or form.

At the end of the day there is certainly something quite sinister going on here there can be no doubt about that.

Rather than answer valid questions from buyers JJP and cohorts choose to attack and attempt to discredit me - drawing attention away from their problems. Time will tell us all who was the victim here and who is doing the wrong thing.

Now Sunfox & Pinchroma, unless you actually have something to offer the members here why don't you just go back to that complete mess of a forum while it still exists. I don't believe anyone here is remotely interested in your BS any longer.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #1612 on: July 14, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »
Keep moving forward Man, hope you get there & succeed, don't look back as they say, you will get a sore neck  ()

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1613 on: July 14, 2013, 11:06:57 PM »
To enlighten members here the "bigoted posts" Sunfox refers to I will very briefly summarize here:

There was a post started on another forum about TAG. I didn't start it and didn't really WANT it started either because, for various reasons, most NOT known to any of the members on that forum INCLUDING Sunfox I had no intention of selling TAG to the USA.

Most posters were unimpressed to the point of ridicule about TAG - I knew well in advance this would likely be the case as the show was never really popular in the USA.

That was fine - I knew it would be so. At exactly the same moment I was replying to a post in that thread I received my 5th PayPal chargeback from a Canadian (the previous 4 were from Americans) all in a FIVE WEEK PERIOD!!!

Honestly, Mike - if you re-read that thread right up to your infamous post, there really wasn't anything shocking. There were also many supportive posts, supportive people that you turned off. What you said came out of total left field to everyone, and it's after that that things went downhill.

I was furious as the USA represents about 5% of Homepin business BUT created 100% of the problems - I vented on the thread and changed my website front page to say that I would no longer sell to the USA because of "too many small minded idiots that trust PayPal and chargeback at a moments notice" - or words to that effect. I have since softened my stance a little, but not much, those comments remain true - I NEVER said "ALL" as most of the pitchfork wielding posters seemed to think - I said "too many".

Alas, that is a distinction that few see. Your message targeted everyone in those countries, and thus so did the reason why you won't sell to them. Whether you see it or not, that's how it comes off to those living in those countries.

Also, I'm rather doubtful that 100% of your PayPal problems have always been USA/Canada based, so targeting them in specific at this time seems odd.

For some reason known only to Americans, they are the only ones in the entire world that are "allowed" to sell pinball and pinball parts and nowhere else in the world exists.

Not sure where this is coming from.

Of course every two bit idiot then had to stick the knife in including a couple of Australian posters that have been banned from both Australian forums and a well known Melbourne seller of pinball parts who has said he is making a machine. All sorts of stupid comments followed mostly fuelled by Pinchroma and Sunfox. "I will copy all Homepin boards and put them out of business" and similar rubbish.

Honestly - none of this would've happened if you hadn't made the comment you quote earlier... as well as the one, "Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world." Now that really pissed them off! A lot of those people have been going through very difficult times, just like many other places in the world, and I don't think any of them appreciated that unjust generalization.

That's the guts of the story and all I can say is that if JJP does, in fact employ this Pinchroma character then God help them. If you think his comments on this forum were out of order then you would surely cringe at his "thread resurrection" today designed only to try and damage me after he failed miserably with his attempt here. He falsely claimed in his initial resurrection post that I was slandering Americans and Canadians "on other forums" - that is a lie, out and out. he then took the opportunity to re-post a screenshot from my webpage that was up for no longer than 30 minutes whilst I was fuming at the thieves who stole from me.

That message was actually up for several days. I know, because I was hoping you'd come to your senses quicker, but it didn't happen the next day or even the one after that. Then you removed the line about small minded idiots, and a few days later you finally reworded it to what it is now.

Also, you did say something in another forum to the effect of you couldn't care less if you ever sell another thing to the US, they think they're the center of the universe and no one can survive without them. Yeah, I know that's the general attitude of world vs USA, but you don't come out and say it! :-)

In any case I have tried at all times to remain logical about things but these personal attacks mostly from Pinchroma but also from Sunfox really are not acceptable in any shape or form.

Now Sunfox & Pinchroma, unless you actually have something to offer the members here why don't you just go back to that complete mess of a forum while it still exists. I don't believe anyone here is remotely interested in your BS any longer.

If you notice, these little tiffs come up only after you start posting in WOZ threads with what those more informed on the subject believe to be false information. I have begged you civilly several times to support your arguments with further information, but you always ignore me.

Let me repeat my last such request, and please point out where I am attacking or insulting you - and also point out where you responded to me with what I request.

I respect that you might have a different opinion. However:

1) When you say something that is provably incorrect - whatever the reason - and then you are corrected in such a way that you see it with your own eyes and it cannot be disputed, I don't expect a reasoned person to blindly ignore that information. It's very hard to have a discussion with someone who thinks the sky is green if he refuses to go outside or look at pictures to see that it's really blue. I don't expect you to take anything I say at face value, but please be open to adjusting your thinking based on empirical evidence.

2) Similarly, if you believe someone is incorrect on something, of if you are trying to present a differing point of view, then most people like to be shown facts or specific pieces of information that help them understand your opinion and your reasons for saying it. To LEARN, rather than be TOLD. For example, elsewhere you say that replacing the motherboard on WOZ will be a "nightmare". Why? How is it much different than replacing a CPU board on an embedded system? Please explain so that I and everyone can understand!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #1614 on: July 14, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »
I honestly wonder why I bother.........I have made my opinion of PC based machines pretty clear I believe - I have held this belief for more than 10 years and I think it holds true today.

You are choosing to not bother reading my reasons for purposes that suit your argument I suppose.....

Why don't we just agree to disagree - drop the whole thing and let time decide who is correct?
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Sunfox

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1615 on: July 14, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »
I honestly wonder why I bother.........I have made my opinion of PC based machines pretty clear I believe - I have held this belief for more than 10 years and I think it holds true today.

You are choosing to not bother reading my reasons for purposes that suit your argument I suppose.....

Why don't we just agree to disagree - drop the whole thing and let time decide who is correct?

Not that this answers my specific question regarding your stance on replacing the WOZ motherboard, but in the general sense of why you dislike PCs, I have honestly looked for your reasons and cannot find anything beyond broad generalizations, references to P2K (which, yes, was a very poorly thought out design in terms of making it future proof), and some issues with a Brother printer. :-)

But, yes, we both have better things to do then argue about this. It's really quite simple: make sure you post only facts, and there is nothing to dispute! Honestly. I'm 100% about facts, whether they support what I'm saying or whether they disprove it. Just USE them!

WOZ takes 3 minutes to boot: false; multiple video evidence available.
JJP is very very slow building games: true, based on shipment data.
The computer system is the reason for the delay: unproven.
JJP is not saying why things are so slow: true, based on lack of information.
The order of game shipments is confusing (ie. distributors earlier than expected): true, however specifics unknown.
Replacing a WOZ motherboard is a nightmare: unproven; also unproven to be more difficult than any other board.
WOZ computers will all break down in 2 years: unproven.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:37:41 PM by Sunfox »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #1616 on: July 14, 2013, 11:34:25 PM »
Replacing a Woz motherboard is easy -Proven

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #1617 on: July 14, 2013, 11:35:13 PM »
I'm looking for a job.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #1618 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »
There are no current delays.   We are just about ramped up to 40 games a week....Games are shipping. We are shipping in batches...Now that everything is in place, proper suppliers for each part, smooth sailing on that front from here on out...

...Games are built in order.  No one got their games before someone else who ordered first unless they bought from a distributor who ordered day 1.   The distrib can ship the games in whatever order they want.  JJP has no control over that.   Any games purchased direct are getting shipped direct in the order they came in with very few exceptions.  those exceptions are limited to games like mine which I need to develop on prod hardware and a few traveling road show games that end up at pin shows.   That's it. 

OK, so the thread got heated but some good information has also come out of it such as the above.

Ok.. we have Mikes opinion which we are all aware of... we have yours which we are all aware of... we have Pinchromes which we are also aware of...

So, Homepin has told us he doesn't like the PC-based system because of concerns about its longevity.

Whether or not such concerns turn out to be justified, perhaps we could also hear from Pinchroma (or others) as to why JJP chose to go down this route?
What are the advantages of such a system, why was it required?

(Apologies if I have missed such an explanation posted here or elsewhere)

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #1619 on: July 15, 2013, 12:40:10 AM »
I'm looking for a job.

You may not have a showing, not being a complete space cadet.