Author Topic: Floods - Brisbane  (Read 634 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
Re: Floods - Brisbane
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:17:08 PM »
Yes, hang in there QLD and its not over yet. Only thinking today of how many pinball machines will be dammaged by the water. People like you and me who collect Pinball Machines and probably cannot move them out of the danger zone. 

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »
Best of luck Gav and all others in Queensland.  Our thoughts go out to all of you.  It is remarkable seeing the positive spirits that many are showing at the face of losing lifelong possessions.  It is very different that when the floods hit here in New Orleans, there they just bitched and whined so that they could belly up to the government trough.
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
Floods havent affected me or my business directly... friends have had some damage though. Just down the road though, whole buildings are under water.. is crazy to see... is smelly too. The water stinks.
I went to my mates shed yesterday to see how far the level had come up...

Wasnt that bad.

water peaked at 4am and at 7am it looked like this. Water has dropped some 6 inches already

Water level is just below router bed .. so the cam is saved, just a few electronics to clean and dry out.

Most cars were moved.. some are insured  && &&

I always had the impression that the water during flood all rose to a certain level... what actually happens is that pockets flood... the water reaches ground level here and pours in... due to saturation, it has nowhere to go. You can easily drive along and then hit a large amount of water some 2metres deep... shops are open on the other side but you cant get to them.

At the back of the shed, things are a bit grimmer

Shop shelves are empty.. toilet rolls all sold out,, baked beans, spagetti, coca cola, bottled water, bread - all gone!

Our power was cut yesterday.. we went down to corner shop to get ice for perishables in the fridge... people were fighting over bags of ice... was a mini stampede. We drove to bottle shop and they were handing out ice for free.. limit 2 bags per car. we were first there, by time we left the stampede had caught up... sheer bloody madness.
we couldnt find anything out last night... mobile phone links were intermittent at best... no Tv... no computers. All i had was a little pocket AM radio that i plugged into my ear. News on there kept telling me to log into "Twitter" to get updates of floods and power outages... go figure! !@#

Is very eery though with everything around you for miles in the dark and ever so quiet... very strange!!

Anyway... it wasnt as bad as predicted for us or anyone we know.. so all is good! ( apart from toilet paper shortage)

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »
Floods havent affected me or my business directly... friends have had some damage though. Just down the road though, whole buildings are under water.. is crazy to see... is smelly too. The water stinks.
I went to my mates shed yesterday to see how far the level had come up...

Wasnt that bad.

water peaked at 4am and at 7am it looked like this. Water has dropped some 6 inches already

Water level is just below router bed .. so the cam is saved, just a few electronics to clean and dry out.

Most cars were moved.. some are insured  && &&

I always had the impression that the water during flood all rose to a certain level... what actually happens is that pockets flood... the water reaches ground level here and pours in... due to saturation, it has nowhere to go. You can easily drive along and then hit a large amount of water some 2metres deep... shops are open on the other side but you cant get to them.

At the back of the shed, things are a bit grimmer

Shop shelves are empty.. toilet rolls all sold out,, baked beans, spagetti, coca cola, bottled water, bread - all gone!

Our power was cut yesterday.. we went down to corner shop to get ice for perishables in the fridge... people were fighting over bags of ice... was a mini stampede. We drove to bottle shop and they were handing out ice for free.. limit 2 bags per car. we were first there, by time we left the stampede had caught up... sheer bloody madness.
we couldnt find anything out last night... mobile phone links were intermittent at best... no Tv... no computers. All i had was a little pocket AM radio that i plugged into my ear. News on there kept telling me to log into "Twitter" to get updates of floods and power outages... go figure! !@#

Is very eery though with everything around you for miles in the dark and ever so quiet... very strange!!

Anyway... it wasnt as bad as predicted for us or anyone we know.. so all is good! ( apart from toilet paper shortage)

plenty of water there!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 07:40:05 PM »
Good to see you made it through pretty much unscathed!

Toilet paper: hmm, you don't happen to have a bunch of Croc Hunter pinball brochures, do you?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
The floods have affected me very badly.  @.@

MY MOTHER IN LAW WAS SUPPOSED TO GO HOME DAYS AGO, but she is still sitting in my loungeroom, unable to drive thru to Grafton cause of the floods.

I told her all the water had receeded and I am going to just send her off anyway.lol ( I wish)

Glad to see Gav you are all good !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 08:45:56 PM »
The floods have affected me very badly.  @.@

MY MOTHER IN LAW WAS SUPPOSED TO GO HOME DAYS AGO, but she is still sitting in my loungeroom, unable to drive thru to Grafton cause of the floods.

I told her all the water had receeded and I am going to just send her off anyway.lol ( I wish)

Get her a boat and some oars - no excuses then!!