Author Topic: Avatar and Iron Man at Timezone Surfers Paradise  (Read 180 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Avatar and Iron Man at Timezone Surfers Paradise
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »
Took the kids down to surfers for a couple of hours yesterday and after the beach and a icecream we ducked into timezone in the cavill mall.
They have 4 Stern pins in operation there LOTR,IM,Avatar and BBH.
Due to time issues I only had a few games on Iron Man and Avatar. Iron Man I thought was ok but could hardly hear it( the LOTR was drowning all the other pins out!), playfield was clean and the flips were strong and would like to spend a bit more time on it. Some nice magnet features.
Avatar, i enjoyed but once again couldn't hear it which was a bummer so i couldn't get right into the game but It felt fun to play, the playfield and cab on this pin is so bright you almost need sunnys on, VERY STRIKING INDEED!. The 3d backglass is very cool and the playfield was in very nice clean condition with strong flips. Link mutiball was fun as was the main toy in the upper right of the playfield. Definately want to try this pin again.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Avatar and Iron Man at Timezone Surfers Paradise
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
I took my wife and kids to the drive-in movies at Yatala on new years eve and they had three 90's pins in the 50's style diner.

TAF - The Adams Family

T2 - Terminator 2

CFBL - Creature from the Black Lagoon

All machines set on $1 per 3 ball play.

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:04:14 PM »
Hey , now that's a great idea ,taking the kids to the Drive in .Man I haven't been to one for 25years .
Do they have the speaker in the widow set up or do you have to tune it on the radio ?
I remember when I was about 9yo my dad drive off with the bloody speaker hooked on to the window  :D :D
My kids saw one the US last year and where asking me what the heck is that ?

What's the food like ?

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:05:38 PM »
Hey , now that's a great idea ,taking the kids to the Drive in .Man I haven't been to one for 25years .
Do they have the speaker in the widow set up or do you have to tune it on the radio ?
I remember when I was about 9yo my dad drive off with the bloody speaker hooked on to the window  :D :D
My kids saw one in the US last year and where asking me what the heck is that ?

What's the food like ?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
I played that Avatar on the Gold Coast a couple of weeks ago - they must have fixed the flippers after that as they were terrible - couldn't make the left ramp off the right flipper at all - seemed to have slop in the linkages??  !@# Ended up playing a few games on the LoTR, which was nice and played well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

What's the food like ?

Hi Ant.

This is brisbane's only drive-in movies, yes they have the speakers post mounted or you can tune in using your car radio, great if you've got a flash car stero with heaps of base!! #*#

Here's the web link
http://www.yataladriveintheatre.com.au

Cost is $15 per adult & $8 for kids over 5. Great value to 2 movies.

Mate I want to buy some pinball skates from you, can I collect them from you and pay cash?

Cheers

Leon aka v8racefan
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
I played them Got #3 High score on avatar, all seemed fine (21/12/10) LOL  ^^^
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:20:06 AM »

What's the food like ?

Hi Ant.

This is brisbane's only drive-in movies, yes they have the speakers post mounted or you can tune in using your car radio, great if you've got a flash car stero with heaps of base!! #*#

Here's the web link
http://www.yataladriveintheatre.com.au

Cost is $15 per adult & $8 for kids over 5. Great value to 2 movies.

Mate I want to buy some pinball skates from you, can I collect them from you and pay cash?

Cheers

Leon aka v8racefan

Sure mate pop in
Thanks for the info