Author Topic: THIS LOOKS INTERESTING  (Read 320 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
THIS LOOKS INTERESTING
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »
This looks interesting im sure there would be a few fans out there willing to hand out cash for one of these ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: THIS LOOKS INTERESTING
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:32:50 PM »

If the music and speakers are GREAT and the play pretty good, it might do well in the Europe markets.

I reckon it will bomb in the USA market, but i hope i am wrong.

We know the "attract mode music" should be " START ME UP ".

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:52:32 PM »
The bumpers making drum noises is a good idea, but i have to agree that the cabinet and PF on this game look like shit. The header sides i quite like, but then again album cover art is not done by Stern, so i guess their input is zero here.
Very disappointing looking pin.. pictures of the band members are awful.
When i saw the promo of the RS tongue done in steel like a pinball, i thought, hello... some nice design factors here, this could be good.

Is one friggin ugly pin

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 10:37:56 PM »

Butt ugly machine !

I'd like to know who does the R&D on design and where they get the ideas to spew forth such "artistic" rubbish !

If they HAD to do a Music pin, there are many other bands that should have been done before a Rolling Stones remake. Kids are very much into the "Guitar Hero" franchise, so a lot of "classic" bands are being revisited by the younger generation. But I'm afraid the Stones are not one of those bands that are influential to younger generations. I guess this pin fits in with the "40 to 50 age bracket" that Stern want to cater for.

The possibilities of an art package featuring the Stones could have been as simple as a black background with the infamous lips logo. Simple, yet effective. Unfortunately, it reminds me of a photo-shopped project a primary school kid created. For some reason, Stern have gone "out if their way" to creating a lemon.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:33 AM »
The bumpers making drum noises is a good idea

It **was** a good idea 20 years ago when Alvin G & Co used it on Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour!!

Ah Stern - innovation once again!  !*!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:25:42 AM »
Kids are very much into the "Guitar Hero" franchise, so a lot of "classic" bands are being revisited by the younger generation.

Absolutely - I have an 8 year old girl who can sign "Living on a Prayer" right through - floored me until I realised the oldest had brought home Guitar Hero and they'd all been playing it day in day out while I was at work!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »
Kids are very much into the "Guitar Hero" franchise, so a lot of "classic" bands are being revisited by the younger generation.

Absolutely - I have an 8 year old girl who can sign "Living on a Prayer" right through - floored me until I realised the oldest had brought home Guitar Hero and they'd all been playing it day in day out while I was at work!!

Bon Jovi theme would be a great idea. But it does not fit in with Sterns plans as most fans growing up to their music are in their low forties.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
Bon Jovi theme would be a great idea. But it does not fit in with Sterns plans as most fans growing up to their music are in their low forties.

Yes, would be a **bad** idea to appeal to the guys with full wallets, receding hairlines and a need to relive their youths - avoid that market at all costs.  *!@

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »

Yes, would be a **bad** idea to appeal to the guys with full wallets, receding hairlines and a need to relive their youths - avoid that market at all costs.  *!@

Not to mention a theme that those guys wives would also apreciate.
Helps having the missus giving the nod to allow a pinball machine take up half the kitchen, lounge, bedroom, toilet, where ever  <.>