Author Topic: WHATS IT WORTH ?  (Read 236 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WHATS IT WORTH ?
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »
Hi Guys.

I have a fully working Playfield/Playfield Kit for a Revenge from Mars Pinball 2000. No errors, all perfectly working and she looks great.

The playfield (and everything connected to it) is immaculate and can slide straight into a RFM that might have a bad playfield or slide into a working Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball 2000, for someone who already has the Pin2000 platform but just wants to play Revenge from Mars instead or SW Episode 1 from time to time.

The playfield is fully working and can be placed into a RFM of Star Wars Cabinet and u can be playing a game within 5 minutes.

I am wondering what people think this fully working and fully populated RFM playfield is worth, as I want to list it soon on ebay, or offer it to a forum member.

Any decent valuations would be appreciated.

regards, Brett  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:31:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: WHATS IT WORTH ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »
Hi Guys.

I have a fully working Playfield/Playfield Kit for a Revenge from Mars Pinball 2000. No errors, all perfectly working and she looks great.

The playfield (and everything connected to it) is immaculate and can slide straight into a RFM that might have a bad playfield or slide into a working Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball 2000, for someone who already has the Pin2000 platform but just wants to play Revenge from Mars instead or SW Episode 1 from time to time.

The playfield is fully working and can be placed into a RFM of Star Wars Cabinet and u can be playing a game within 5 minutes.

I am wondering what people think this fully working and fully populated RFM playfield is worth, as I want to list it soon on ebay, or offer it to a forum member.

Any decent valuations would be appreciated.

regards, Brett  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

What is the playfield worth?  Hard to know without more information.  I guess its worth what you paid for it + profit.

To give an accurate valuation you'd need to know where it came from.  Was it parted out of a water damaged Euro machine or is it the original new playfield from a conversion kit? 
Did you score a NOS RFM conversion kit and its your old playfield?

If its a second hand playfield - has it been shopped?  If so when (ie how long ago)?  If its been done properly - by this I mean fully stripped, cleaned, waxed.  All metal parts cleaned and tumbled / polished.  All playfield plastics cleaned and polished.  Any broken plastics replaced and ramps repaired by a professional.  Underside of playfield - all coils tested, new sleeves, mechs removed and cleaned.  All inserts cleaned.  All globes replaced.  All lamp boards removed and inspected / repaired.  All new rubbers.  All new globes.  All new balls.  Anything less is unacceptable for shopped.

For a second hand playfield for a RFM (shopped, complete and working) I would think $500.00 tops.

For a second hand playfield for a RFM (as is - working) I would think $250 to $350 depending on wear.

Is it a full conversion kit for a RFM?  Ie does it come with a PUB card or a PRISM card for a RFM?  As you probably know its not just a matter of dropping the playfield into a SWEP1..  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:23:05 PM »
The playfield has come out of a perfectly working Revenge from Mars. (no water damage or any damage of any kind).
I bought 2 x RFMs and used one to put a brand new Star Wars Ep 1 conversion kit into. I had to buy a real good second RFM because it was going to have to be good enough to be the new home for my SW Ep 1.  To my knowledge, RFM conversion kits were never made, only SW Ep1 conversion kits. The only way u get a RFM playfield is from a working RFM.

To swap the playfield into a Star Wars Episode 1 is a 5 minute job, and the new owner only has to purchase the RFM Roms which are cheap as chips, and swapping them over is also a 5 minute job. Been there and just done it. Very easy job. It was a working RFM one minute, and a fully working SW Ep 1 10 mins later. Beaky (Andy) did the rom updates etc, and it was easy using the pin2000 menu system  ^^^ Nothing else has to be purchased, just swapping the roms is all that is needed etc.

The playfield is very clean, all bulbs working, strong flippers, overall a tight clean package with no wear at all.

I would have thought $500 was too cheap given u have to buy a RFM to get a great playfield, but i do appreciate and value your comments.
See what other come up with ?  !@#  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:39:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
just swapping the roms is all that is needed etc.

Launch button?   !@#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »
The playfield has come out of a perfectly working Revenge from Mars. (no water damage or any damage of any kind).
I bought 2 x RFMs and used one to put a brand new Star Wars Ep 1 conversion kit into. I had to buy a real good second RFM because it was going to have to be good enough to be the new home for my SW Ep 1.  To my knowledge, RFM conversion kits were never made, only SW Ep1 conversion kits. The only way u get a RFM playfield is from a working RFM.

To swap the playfield into a Star Wars Episode 1 is a 5 minute job, and the new owner only has to purchase the RFM Roms which are cheap as chips, and swapping them over is also a 5 minute job. Been there and just done it. Very easy job. It was a working RFM one minute, and a fully working SW Ep 1 10 mins later. Beaky (Andy) did the rom updates etc, and it was easy using the pin2000 menu system  ^^^ Nothing else has to be purchased, just swapping the roms is all that is needed etc.

The playfield is very clean, all bulbs working, strong flippers, overall a tight clean package with no wear at all.

I would have thought $500 was too cheap given u have to buy a RFM to get a great playfield, but i do appreciate and value your comments.
See what other come up with ?  !@#  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Hi Brett,

A mint / VGC playfield will always attract a higher value....My valuation was just for a middle of the road playfield.

Gone are the days of a RFM attracting $4000+.  Most I see available here and O/S sell between $1800 to $2800 at the top end for a minty one.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
Spot on Marty, the prices for a RFM have definately dropped. I remember a few years ago when they were 3500 all day long. These days, its hard getting 2500 to 2800 from someone.

Nick (Pinnies4me), you are absolutely correct as well. I did forget that the buyer would have to buy a launch ball button assemly to fit to a Star Wars Episode 1 machine, if u wanted to put a RFM playfield in. It shld only be a $15 purchase etc. I will look for a price on the identical button n housing required.

Update- found the button required if u put a RFM playfield into a Star Wars Episode 1 from time to time. Button assembly only cheap which is good, and only takes 1 min to fit.  ^^^
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BU-20-10692-1&Category_Code=GS-4446&Product_Count=28
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:19:46 PM by Caveoftreasures »