Author Topic: Twister Issue  (Read 429 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Twister Issue
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
Hi all,

My Twister(Sega) is having issues with the spinning disc as some may know when the multiball starts all the balls with the help of a magnet are stuck to the disc then the disc spins and all the ball fly off see video below-but at the moment the disc wont spin so the balls just fall off when there meant to fly off funny thing is the spinning disc does spin in other times throughout the game so that tells me the disc motor is working but NOT at this part of the game and it also does it on the skill shot-It seems to me whenever the balls are attached to the disc magnet the disc wont spin? weird hey any thoughts.

Ta

Peter

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Twister Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:56 AM »
Sounds like the motor could be weak?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:37:31 AM »
Sounds like the motor could be weak?

Yeah I was thinking that! with the weight of the balls on it..Gee I hope not.

Peter

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:41 AM »
Hi Pete.

This might be of interest to you? The bit about modifying the motor wiring.

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb91.pdf

Shane.
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:56:10 AM »
Hi Pete.

This might be of interest to you? The bit about modifying the motor wiring.

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb91.pdf

Shane.

Thanks Shane,

I did read that mate but my disc works but NOT when there's a ball on the disc magnet for some strange reason-I did a factory reset and it worked once with a ball on the disc magnet then not after that its real wierd. During MB when the balls are on the magnet and the disc is meant to spin it doesn't but when the balls just fall off the disc it will then start to spin so the conclusion I've come to is it won't spin when there's a ball magnifiyed to the disc buts it should and when there's no balls on the magnet on the disc it will spin its got me buggered !@#

Peter

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
Peter,

I have noticed that sometimes during MB the some balls don't stick and some get shot up from the plunger, I know it is not the problem you have but before this did all the balls on your MB come from the ball lock at the top? or from both directions at times with some not always sticking?

Jeff

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:16 PM »
Peter,

I have noticed that sometimes during MB the some balls don't stick and some get shot up from the plunger, I know it is not the problem you have but before this did all the balls on your MB come from the ball lock at the top? or from both directions at times with some not always sticking?

Jeff

Yeah Jeff they all come from the top canister-they all drop onto the magnet properly and all stick but just sit there waiting for the disc to spin and then they just fall to there death(mostly down the guts) sad really.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »
How weirds this I turn the machine on after being away for a couple of days and it works as it should? WTF is going on there?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »
Pete, I will have to get Beaky (Andrew) to study this on my TWISTER this weekend to work out what is going on. Mine works fine and has never played up so I will get Andy to study the schematics, then have a real good look under my playfield, and see if we can be of help.

To me, it sounds like the magnet is not activating properly, which if working ok, would then trip the disc to spin properly.

I will have a good look tomorrow being Satday since I am not working and see if we can come up with a valid reason.

Also, what version software are u running on your roms, or what does it say on machine dmd start up ?

Brett
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
Thanks Brett it looks like its running 405 rom if that makes any sence, I have attached a photo for you.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
Tried a new ROM but problem still there-and if the disc doesnt spin one hit of the flippers and she fires up ^&^

Peter