Author Topic: A little step forward  (Read 129 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
A little step forward
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »
I have been collecting Pinball Machines now for almost 25 years. Back then I wanted to learn everything on how to repair my own games.
Taught myself how to replace coils, switches, globes and fix mechanisms and locate faults and do the odd solder to.  &&
Anything on or under the Playfield I can now fix but the one thing I had trouble with was repairing boards, Williams boards System 3/7 C.P.U. and driver.
These where the boards I wanted to learn how to repair as they where the easiest to fix, but I wasn’t confident enough to repair them myself so I sent them away to get repaired.
But today for the first time I replaced a component on a driver board and to my surprise it worked.  $#$
I had replaced a driver transistor that controls a feature lamp string, when all was done I tested it with a Multimeter and found the transistor was doing its job, now row 1.lamp string was working.
So now all my feature lamps are working on my Williams Flash…..  #*#

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:21:48 PM by PinPal »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: A little step forward
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »
Well done on the repair it's so satisfying fixing your own machines

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: A little step forward
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
Good stuff, I still amaze myself when I track down and fix an issue!  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”