Author Topic: Restoring playfields with uv inkjet printer  (Read 151 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Restoring playfields with uv inkjet printer
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »
Finally winding down the Space Shuttle & Sorcerer playfields here over the last 3 years. It was a big learning curve, with lots of failures! But it has finally been worked out for very good results. If anyone in Australia wants to restore their playfields, & can find a willing printer. I will provide the knowledge I have learned over the years. Moving on to more titles in April this year, Star Gazer, EBD, High Speed, Xenon, & probably some custom work.

Here are the latest pictures of the last 3 of 4 playfields. The 4th, a Sorcerer has 3" warp & couldn't be inked. So I will try an overlay for this problem playfield.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/greatwichjohn/Playfields%202011/
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Re: Restoring playfields with uv inkjet printer
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
For anyone who hasn't had a slim chance of seeing my restorations. The pictures are showing playfields restored with uv ink with a colorspan 9840 uv printer. The banding lines that are visible will disappear to the human eye, after I apply 3 - 4 coats of water based varethane gloss. Then the playfields will get a further 2 or more coats from the CPR contractor. My body shop guy moved to the USA, so now my playfields will most likely be done when CPR has playfields being done.

Translites done show banding also. But when behind glass or plexi, & at a players distance its mostly not noticeable.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.