Author Topic: too many pins can lead to depresion  (Read 267 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
too many pins can lead to depresion
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »
i am overwhelmen by the work ahead of me.abought 10 in the que.oh i dont have a que,clue,
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: too many pins can lead to depresion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »
Take it "pin by pin" - "day by day"  *%*

The moment you stop enjoying them - its time to find another hobby. You are in a position many would envy. It should not overwhelm you. You should feel safe with the knowledge that you have 10 challenges ahead of you. There's just not enough hours in the day to be working on them. You need a system to keep your thoughts and priorities right.

Instead of working on them for the rest of the week - PLAY the working games.

It's not "work" - it's FUN !

Edit - if 10 pins leads to depression, then I'm a permanent resident of the pinball funny farm !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
i am overwhelmen by the work ahead of me.abought 10 in the que.oh i dont have a que,clue,
I swear they either breed or send a homing signal to other machines, once you have one they just keep coming!
hehehe

Good position to be in though

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
the only thing that depresses me about pinball is not having enough spare $$$$ to complete my projects at the moment. but i will make that change by earning more $$$$. or i could sell them & not have a reason to earn more money. Na I think i will go with the earn more money idea.  *)* :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
I guess don't feel obliged to do them all, either at once, or even at all.

Pinball should be fun, so if you don't feel like doing one for now, wait until the passion kicks in again.

Offline braddo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 04:12:20 AM »
Man the only thing that leads me to depression (with pins), and I'm not joking either, is the fact that I've got a handful of games on my wishlist, I can hunt them down and grab them, money is not an issue, but, room is. What do I get rid of to replace with the the new game? I don't know, I'm not prepared to get rid of any of the 4 pins I own cause they are wicked games.

To me it's a trip enough to actually own a pinball machine, but to sell one or get rid of one is something I cannot comprehend AT ALL . Won't happen soon, even though I'd like some different pins.
WTB (or possibly trade) - 1980 Stern ALI

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »
Man the only thing that leads me to depression (with pins), and I'm not joking either, is the fact that I've got a handful of games on my wishlist, I can hunt them down and grab them, money is not an issue, but, room is. What do I get rid of to replace with the the new game? I don't know, I'm not prepared to get rid of any of the 4 pins I own cause they are wicked games.

To me it's a trip enough to actually own a pinball machine, but to sell one or get rid of one is something I cannot comprehend AT ALL . Won't happen soon, even though I'd like some different pins.
Hey Brad,where are your pins kept,a room inside or a shed outside.If you have them in a shed or garage can you extend that area to make more room.