Author Topic: Will they let me keep it  (Read 879 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Will they let me keep it
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
I received a deliverey today from Marcos and i thought this is strange as i have not ordered for a few months from them.The customs declaration is addressed to me,but the purchase invoice is to a bloke in Hungary.It is not a small order as it is worth over $600.00,it is all for DMD machines.I have sent them off an email to let them know what has happened,so what they do about it will be interesting,when i receive a reply from them.Will they let me keep all of it,if so there will be some cheap stuff put in the for sale adds. !@#.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Will they let me keep it
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »
I received a deliverey today from Marcos and i thought this is strange as i have not ordered for a few months from them.The customs declaration is addressed to me,but the purchase invoice is to a bloke in Hungary.It is not a small order as it is worth over $600.00,it is all for DMD machines.I have sent them off an email to let them know what has happened,so what they do about it will be interesting,when i receive a reply from them.Will they let me keep all of it,if so there will be some cheap stuff put in the for sale adds. !@#.

I suspect they will credit your PayPal account for the postage and you'll have to post back...If it was only $50.00 worth of parts I would say they'd tell you to keep them but for a large order I wouldn't think so.

BUT - Its pleasing there are still honest people out there and you have contacted them immediately as to the error.   @@*

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
If they ask you to post it back, make sure you hit them up for extra postage. *)*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »
Go on there website place all the parts in your checkout and get the postage costs that way should make a nice little profit lol

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
We will never know, but I'd be interested to know how they would have handled the situation in Hungary. I wonder if they would have made good the non delivery of the order or not?? I'd like to think that they would as if it happened to me, I would be fairly pissed.

Good on ya BTW Punter for doing the right thing. May all your (true) orders never get lost  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:46:40 PM »
Interesting...

how did they post it to you, and have postage details exactly to yours and addressed to you but not have your name anywhere on your order. they must have a list of regular customers and printed the wrong label  :lol
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »
That's a pretty big f**kup, I'd be wanting them to pay for my time to even go to the post office.

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »
Good on you for being honest about it, I personally think you have done the right thing.

I think the least they could do would be to give you a credit voucher for at least $100 to be spent on any future order. But knowing what they charge for postage to Aus that may only amount to free post on a pinball rubber kit.

But yeah, its their Fcuk up and they need to acknowledge that and reward you. A lot of others wouldn't have been so honest.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »

Great to see some people are still honest  ^^^ Well done !

They should offer you a voucher of some sort, they won't let you keep the parts. They may even ask you to send the parcel to Hungary.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »
Good on you for being honest punter . That should bring you some good pinball karma for sure !!!

If they get back to you and tell you to forward it to the correct recipient in Hungary I'd be very wary of doing so . If the package some how gets lost between Australia and Hungary then the onus for the package could/will be on your head . I'd specify to Marco that you will strictly only post it back to them and it's up to them to forward it to Hungary .

P.S - So what was in the package anyway ....

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
Good on you for being honest punter . That should bring you some good pinball karma for sure !!!

If they get back to you and tell you to forward it to the correct recipient in Hungary I'd be very wary of doing so . If the package some how gets lost between Australia and Hungary then the onus for the package could/will be on your head . I'd specify to Marco that you will strictly only post it back to them and it's up to them to forward it to Hungary .

Good advice but just be sure to remind them how honest you have been and ask them to remember it when you place your next order.
Might get a freebie or two  ^^^
I don't believe in Karma but good on you for being honest.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 11:54:43 AM »
Well done Tony.

As stated I would not send the goods onto the correct customer, just in case the goods go missing. Would insist that they pay into your account the registered postage charges plus something for your time to get the goods back to them.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »

P.S - So what was in the package anyway ....There is a lot of various items, a quick list is,Williams/Bally lockbar,Indiana Jones cabinet art this is the dearest item at $229.00,and a stack of other stuff for Twilight Zone,Dracula,Johnny Mnemonic,Attack From Mars ect.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:48 PM »
After 3 days i got a reply from Marcos,they said thanks for bringing this to our attention,can you post it to us and we will pay you the postage costs,and we will give you a discount on your next order.They did not mention the amount of the discount ,so who knows what i would save there.The last order i placed with them was a big one as i purchased 10 pinscore displays and a bunch of stuff for the 2 Bally machines.The only item i was going to purchase shortly was the Ultimate mpu Board to have as a spare.To send the package back will cost me $78.00 and my time to do it,so i will email them and advise that i will cover that cost out of my pocket and how much more from me would they want for the MPU board which is $199.00 to be sent to me inc shipping.Do you think this would be a better way for me to go and how much extra from me would be fair.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
After 3 days i got a reply from Marcos,they said thanks for bringing this to our attention,can you post it to us and we will pay you the postage costs,and we will give you a discount on your next order.They did not mention the amount of the discount ,so who knows what i would save there.The last order i placed with them was a big one as i purchased 10 pinscore displays and a bunch of stuff for the 2 Bally machines.The only item i was going to purchase shortly was the Ultimate mpu Board to have as a spare.To send the package back will cost me $78.00 and my time to do it,so i will email them and advise that i will cover that cost out of my pocket and how much more from me would they want for the MPU board which is $199.00 to be sent to me inc shipping.Do you think this would be a better way for me to go and how much extra from me would be fair.

I would be looking at redeeming the discount NOW, rather than later. Offset the discount against the MPU, male sure they give your the shipping cost upfront. Add your $15 handling fee minimum.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia