Author Topic: Firepower Playfields from CPR  (Read 1212 times)

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Firepower Playfields from CPR
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
 Hey all,
Just ordered a new Flight 2000 playfield from CPR and I thought I would ask Kevin about Firepower Playfields and Backglass.

According to Kevin they are about 3 playfields away from doing Firepower Whoo F**king Hoo!!, so Maybe keep an eye on there website just in case you need to be on a pre order list.
That has surely got to be good news for anyone with a ratty worn playfield ( probably 80% of them are).

No luck yet with the backglass though because no one has submitted any artwork yet, but hey it will probably happen sometime.

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Re: Firepower Playfields from CPR
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »
Yes will be good when they get around to doing it.

My F2000 play field should be in my hands on Monday with any luck.

Put my name down on the pre order list back in 28.4.1998.Took a while but least i have one.

pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline thefasteddy69

• Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »
Yep watching for a CPR repo Firepower PF as well. If they are like the other PF's they have done it will be an ripper.

Go the Firepower!

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
Preorder is up if you want one !

also a good s/h one on ebay aust at the moment for someone looking for a cheaper option...
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, put myself down for one of those.

When the time gets closer, might be worth looking at combined shipping if there's a few of us.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
I knew this day was coming and I'm bloody torn. Recently purchased a fairly tidy FP, the playfield is very good but still has a couple of wear marks that need addressing and some inserts as well. If no Repo were available I would be very satisfied with my PF, but now this is out I'm not sure what to do? I figure if I grab one and don't use it, I would probably get my coin back down the track, but knowing myself I probably could not help but install it and will be left with the original. It would be a lot easier of a decision if my PF was shot, welcome any thoughts on this matter, my finger is poised over the pre-order button....

Cheers
Dave

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »
Dave I have exactly the same dilemma......they only ever make em once
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
Yeah Tuff, my gut feeling is they will sell out fairly quickly as well. If my cab had been in as good as nick as the rest I would have been happy to stick with the original, but now I'm doing the cab up, a new PF is extremely tempting....

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »
Gday guys .

I've just bitten the bullet and sent a preorder request (and grabbing the plastics set too) .

I've justfied this based on
a) life is too short
b) I had already decided never to sell my FP
c) this is probably a once off opportunity

This is a huge step for me as before now I had never considered buying a repro playfield ever.

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline TUF-427

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
I believe they are slated for production in August

and are going to be made with Starburst inserts as per the prototype machines (anyone got a Pic?)

also rumoured as being produced with the Cutouts for the drop target rear contacts

I guess the starbursts will sway or deter some buyers but will always seperate the originals from the Repros

Combined shipping would be a fantastic idea its about $180ish for a Pf to Oz? did I read somewhere two fit in his shipping boxes?

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
"a) life is too short"

I'm with you Dave, I've put in a pre-order...

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
"a) life is too short"

I'm with you Dave, I've put in a pre-order...

Good om ya Dave ..  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »

Firepower would have to be the most sought after playfield to be reproed. I think this title DESERVES a repro playfield, and I've always been happy with CPR's playfields (I have SIX and I'm on the list for Flash Gordon).

If anyone is concerned about shipping etc - have complete confidence - CPR are GREAT to deal with.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »
I knew this day was coming and I'm bloody torn. Recently purchased a fairly tidy FP, the playfield is very good but still has a couple of wear marks that need addressing and some inserts as well. If no Repo were available I would be very satisfied with my PF, but now this is out I'm not sure what to do? I figure if I grab one and don't use it, I would probably get my coin back down the track, but knowing myself I probably could not help but install it and will be left with the original. It would be a lot easier of a decision if my PF was shot, welcome any thoughts on this matter, my finger is poised over the pre-order button....

Cheers
Dave

Dave, theres lots of Firepowers out there and most I have seen are pretty shot.

I reckon what ever amount CPR decide to run will be snapped up pretty quick smart and who knows if they will ever run them again.

Put it this way - If you dont get one do you think there will come a time somewhere down the track where you will regret that decision?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 12:27:42 AM »
Put it this way - If you dont get one do you think there will come a time somewhere down the track where you will regret that decision?

Plus, I suspect with all the FP's out there, easy to sell down the track if you don't want it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”