Author Topic: Hi Guys  (Read 265 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Hi Guys
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
Hey all

No I am not on one of my annual pinball hiatus' - although I havent touched a game in AGES  !!!
I have been BUSY doing my yard and I thought I would just grab 5 minutes and say hi to all at AP as it's been a LONG time since I last posted.
I hope you are all well and still enjoying your games  ^^^

Have undertaken a massive backyard make-over - I have been on it for months and finally it is starting to come together.....I will still be a few months ( of weekends ) getting to the end of this project BUT after that I plan a full restore of my Joker Poker as a bit of a reward for myself......so I will be pinball posting again then.

In the meantime here is what I have been up to for anyone interested.....hope I dont bore you with this long saga......

Our yard had never had much done to it since we built the house 12 years ago - just the basics - and over the last few years the pool fence was rusting out, plants overgrown and the pool shed and equipment needs replacing...so I decided to tear it all out ( not the pool ) and bring this yard up to 2011 standards - well thats the plan.

Heres how the pool corner was......

This was from under my pergola........

The plan was to strip it bare and start from scratch - loads of gardens in the pergola corner of house to go as well.
Nothing more do I love than removing palm trees ^.^

Actually , digging ag pipe trenches and filling em up again - thats way more fun  ^.^ ^.^
This area used to become a swimming pool of its own when it rained so I decided to tap into the stormwater while I was digging up the existing concrete path.

Plan is to take down old shed , re-locate pool equipment and put a Bali Hut in this spot.
So I need a slab for that.

Paving started 2 weeks ago........copers first.

Pavers will go over all old concrete paths and across under our pergola as well.
A new glass fence will go from the house to the bali hut corner and then along the edge of the new slab ( an L shape section )
Back of Bali Hut will have a rendered wall / screen wall with the glass fence finishing at it.
I will build a raised timber deck under the hut, going out to the pool edge.

This area will remain 'open' - I am not replacing the pool fence here.
A timer deck will be built where th dead grass is.
Screens, bamboo and timber and render ( combo ) will go all around the old colourbond fences in this area and all the way around to the Bali Hut.
A built in BBQ will be on this deck.

Pergola in the distance will be enclosed on the rear 2 walls and remain open to the pool side.
My old plasma will go out here - my favourite part of this whole job  ^^^
Internal pergola roof will be lined with thin bamboo, fiji style cieling fan etc and 2 plantation shutters in the long wall either side of plasma.
Sliding doors that exit to this area from house will be replaced with bi folds so the house opens up to tis new area nicely

View from rear of garage today.
U can see 'doggy jail' on the right - the dog AINT happy  :lol

Pool finished

The old stone wall will have a blueboard / rendered wall over it with lighting in it etc.

Still have an absolute SH*T load to do , including a house repaint ( different colour )

So I hope you can see why I have hardly had a spare second for any pinball related stuff.
Will be back  when this is complete.

Off to USA in 2 weeks from now as well  ^^^

Life sometime is bigger than pinball  :D

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 07:13:44 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Hi Guys
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »

Good stuff Wotto - Glad to see you poke your head in the door !

How many sleeps until the USA ?  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
How many sleeps until the USA ?  #@#

About 15 mate - the kids would know to the second  :lol
Fly out Monday 28th
DW Drums rule !

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 08:20:40 PM »
Looking good - great idea of the Bi-Folds as well.

For DIY instructions on building a Bali Hut, have a look here

then here

&feature=related

and finally here

&feature=related

Excuse our pathetic humour, but it was a fantastic project to do, basically made up the plans as we went along - was about 7 or 8 weekends worth, ended up costing $5000 for a 5.5m x 5.5m including the deck, waaaay cheaper than a prefabricated one, and a lot more fun.

That was 3 years ago, and its still going strong, Cyclone Yasi hardly even ruffled the thatching

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »
Great work Wotto, that should earn you some massive brownie points with the wife, only problem would be that you are probably too knackered to redeem them %.%

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Nice work mate, huge job  ^^^
Great to hear you are still alive  *)*
I haven't even started landscaping our backyard, (hardly get time to even mow the lawns   @.@ ) been living here for over 6 years now

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:34:59 AM »
Welcome back, looks like a big job, and yes, still enjoying pinball.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:09:42 AM »
Hey mate, great to see you again.

Fantastic job on the yard - seems the restoration skills are not confined to pinball!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
Nice job with the pool makeover,
If only we had the weather.
D. from the sun staved U.K.