Author Topic: Watch this space for photos....  (Read 4061 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Watch this space for photos....
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »
Bloody awesome looking rides Wotto, thanks heaps for sharing this adventure mate!  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
 @.@
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:32:44 AM by ddstoys »

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »
AWESOME! those rides look crazy, shit all over anything we have here. Keep the photos coming mate  ^^^

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:30 PM »
Hey all

Spent today at Universal Studios - drove thier in early LA freeway traffic and after 3000kms on the wrong side of the road I copped my first horn BLASTING as I cut someone off - they dont just beep beep they f*ckin BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP for about 20 seconds !

Anyway - we got there...

Once again it looked like the crowds were well and truly back.....but after 15 minutes everyone had spread throughout the park.

We decided to skip the early rush for the 'tram tour' and ride the rides here - it turned out a great move as the rides were empty first thing in the morning.

Kids obviously wanted to do this ride ( a rollercoaster simulator ) straight away.

We then went on The Mummy - which is a rollercoaster in the dark - it has a fast launch and some decent special effects - it is a short ride but pretty good overall

Next up was Jurassic Park - a boat ride with a decent drop at the end of it and some decent 'wetting' throughout the ride as well - pretty entertaining.

You would never believe who we bumped into at the park - incredible huh

Then.....out of absolutely nowhere, the bloody mother in law pops up !
I couldnt believe it.

They have this attraction called House of Horrors which is a walk-through ghost house where real actors dressed up as freaks pop out of nowhere and try to scare the sh*t out of you....Kayla did NOT want to go in there , she is a CHICKEN - a MASSIVE chicken and had the sh*ts that I made her go in - she ended up in tears :lol

Just when we thought we were having a good time , the airline company rang to say they had a problem with our plane for this Friday's flight.....

This is actually the set from the plane crash in War of The Worlds and was on the tram tour of the backlots.

The  backlot tour was cool - I was having a good time and then for some reason a flood of hatred came over me......and I wanted to kick sh*t out of somebody :rolleyes

I found some great stuff in the shops today too -

But seriosuly - I so wanted to buy this BIG Alien head - the detail was OUTSTANDING - trouble is that was $1250.00 plus shipping- they had a full size Iron Man which looked unreal - it was $7000.00

They also do a show called Watrworld - I wont give anything away other than this one photo - but it is WELL worth watching - it is excellent actually and the actors in it are some of the people from shows like CSI, House, Law & Order and they allow pics with them afterwards as well.

After the Studios we went out into Citywalk area which is chocka's full of restraunts, shops and bars etc - look what I found in some shops - I didnt know these existed

And what better way to end a day than watching The Chin himself live.

Yet ANOTHER bloody good day here in the USA.
Only a couple left and one of them will be spent shoe shopping ( no I am not joking )

Wotto
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
WATERWORLD the movie, and the pinball flopped bigtime, BUT a WATERWORLD SHOW is going full boar and is popular/still going after all these years ! how ironic.  @.@

The set does look excellent though. and yes, the yanks definately stole the concept from our MAD MAX !

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
Something scary about that Spongebob and Wotto pic........!!! *!@ *!@

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
Great photos again and good laugh. Looks like you have a very nice camera, quality of photos are excellent. Your daughter looks like she is in the shits with you big time in that House of Horrors pic %.%
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:36:32 PM by tonyt »

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Well boys - this could be the last post before we are back in Oz.
If the LA Airport has Wifi available I will have ONE more post - otherwise I will finish this off when we get home.

So today was a free day - we went shopping - yes shopping - AGAIN.

We hit the 'outlets' in Camarillo - this place only has 190 retail outlets...

I got a little scared in 'shoe alley' - this place actually has something like 40 shoe stores :o

I figured if you cant beat em , join em - and the holiday has come in WELL under budget so I decided we could all go a little  CRAZY - including me this time, I mean you cant NOT buy the stuff -

I got new Oakley Half Jacket sunnies WITH polarised lenses and an extra set of polarised lenses - all for $190.00 - the glasses alone - NON polarised are around that in Oz.

I was buying genuine Billabong , Alpine Star and Ecko shirts for $15.00 each  ^^^  ^^^

My son got DC , Vans and Converse shoes for around $30.00 - I grabbed some Vans for $20.00 ^^^

Nike Air Hi Tops for me - $30.00 !

Jake got 2 more skate decks as well - less than half the Oz price - again.

It was seriously cheap cheap cheap.

After that we went and found the original house used in the film Poltergeist.
I am sure some of you may recall it when you see this image. This is just a normal house in a normal everyday street in Simi Valley - about 35 minutes north west of LA city.

We fly out tomorrow night 10.30pm LA time.
I will be spending the afternoon driving around finding a few other houses from film and TV - I was going to look at Stars homes but all you see is a gate , so I decided to look up houses from sets that we all recognise and check them out ( Happy Days house, Elm St house, Halloween house etc etc ) plus I am going to take a drive along Mullholland drive and go as close to the Hollywood sign as we can get.

Finishing off at Randy's Donuts ( the little hut with the MASSIVE donut on top of it seen in HEAPS of shows/ films ) - then back to LAX.

More soon...
DW Drums rule !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
Your'e daughter looks like she is in the shits with you big time in that House of Horrors pic %.%

Looks like you have a very nice camera, quality of photos are excellent.

Oh mate - U cant start to imagine how much AND that photo was taken BEFORE she went in there  :lol
Camera is a Canon EOS550 bought for the trip - pretty happy with it.
DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Have a safe trip back and thanks for sharing your holiday on AP, really enjoyed the photos and the stories that went with them #*#

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2011, 02:13:40 PM »
Hi all

Home to Dapto Sunday at 9am
Here is some info from our last day in LA yesterday...

We drove around LA/ Hollywood area looking for the houses I wanted to find...the roads there are SO packed with cars and the driving was a little daunting in some area's......I nearly hit a bloke at a set of lights and I am glad I didnt as he already looked a little angry.....

We found houses from Modern Family - here are the kids outside Phil and Claires for anyone that watches that show....this was in a suburb called Brentwood and it was REALLY busy - like Sydney roads.

My daughter insisted that we go to a house from one of the girls from The Hills , we wound our way up these TINY SKINNY TWISTING streets that have multi bazillion $ homes on them and Kayla got to stand at Audrina's doorway and she was stoked.
The Range Rover meant she was probably home as well.
Come on guys you all watch The Hills - right

We also got closer to the Hollywood sign than any tour ever gets you...

Sing along now folks....you all know how it goes...

Ba da de da da....

Heres the story of a man named Wotto
Who was married to a shoeshopper of his own...

Yes it is me at The Brady Bunch House

Being the lunatic that I am I SO SO SO wanted to do a big old Fonzie thumps up shot on the driveway of the Cunninghams house but there was no-where to park in this street...

The day was wearing me out - I felt like 'something' then I saw this and just had to have one....WTF

One , Two , Spongebob Wotto's comin for you
Three , Four better lock your door.....

( think Nightmare on Elm St guys )

We found the house used in Charmed.

And we ended our trip at Randy's - this is about 2 minutes from the rental car return depot close to LAX and there was no way I was going home without coming here....and JUST what we needed , some more sugar loaded treats before we left LA

Flight home was GREAT, I slept on a plane for the first time in my life.
Did I say we bought some stuff?

Thanks to all for following this thread and making the nice comments and appreciating the effort I put into it - great stuff.

Seeya soon

Wotto
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:40:20 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Great post with all those famous houses, good to see you and your family arrived home safely. Man with all that stuff you bought back expect to see you on an episode of Border Patrol in the future  :lol
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:29:01 PM by tonyt »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »

Where's my bass  $!&

Those "Mystery" skateboard "boards" with the "S" look like the "Mystery" band's logo in the movie "Detroit Rock City"..

Righto - so what are you gonna call the shoeshop when it opens ?

Thanks for sharing the pics and I'm glad the trip was great fun for everyone.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
Big thanks to Wotto for sharing your holiday with us all.

I personally enjoyed every minute and got some good laughs along the way.   

#*# #*# %.% %.%

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
Fantastic thred Wotto, thanks for sharing, it was sort of the next best thing than being there.
A few things have changed since me and the missus was there 16 years ago.

Ian