Author Topic: Watch this space for photos....  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Watch this space for photos....
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
Ok - it is midnight and I am rooted - but here is todays offerings.....

Had trouble with the hotel bed bugs last night - nasty big buggers they have over here - check the bastard out .... they told me this one is known as the trumpet-arse

So off we trot to Disneys California Adventure today / tonight.
We had heard it wasnt as busy as Disneyland itself and when we went by it on the monorail the other night it appeared a lot quiter - thank god for that......as you will see the crowds were down quite a bit........this is the cue for the FAST PASS holders for a water ride called Grizzly River Run, a rapids ride with a couple of drops.....on CA's hottest day this year it was going to be refreshing, we couldnt wait to get on ..........
glad we had our Fast Pass  @.@

Anyway , it seemed to settle down at night - this was a view in front of us at around 8.15pm

And this was taken looking behind us at the same moment in time.....
All you can do is laugh  #@#

Anyway - I found a guy who had been stashing a few of those plants old Walt had been growing , his name was Mr Potato Head. He suggested we go out back and knock a few joints out - we made it back in time but had the old 'chinese eyes'.....

Then I had to go - urgently , I saw the old box from Toy Story and thought of Stinky Pete and thought I may as well be Stinky Wotto...

Here is the Hotel ride that the kids dragged me onto , it was a damn good ride I have to say and I HATE heights, this thing takes you up , then down a little then up and the doors you see up top open, exposing a view of the park - then you drop - then it repeats all that .....its a 60 metre drop and thats big enough for me thankyou.
I now needed to go back to my Toy Story box after this ride

For desert tonight I asked them if they had any ice cream dishes that were the same size as a 13 year old kids head - naturally they did ( forget the photo perspective, this thing WAS the size of Jakes head ! )

Now to get serious for a minute , I have to say that Disney do things VERY VERY well. The way they replicate era's , the lighting, the colours and effects are fantastic - here is just a few shots I took throughout the day...and night.
Hope you like em

Now, I aint a big' WOW wasnt that show great' type of person, but they do this thing called World of Colour where they use a SH*LOAD of water with light and flim effects to put on this show at night - it is DIFFICULT to capture good images of it but it is a MUST see if coming here - it is VERY good I have to say #*#

Night all
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:44:54 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
Can't stop laughing at you in the Toy Story Box, your'e a classic %.%

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

Mate , this nice african american family were watching me and thought I was a complete lunatic  :lol
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
 %.%

Mate , this nice african american family were watching me and thought I was a complete lunatic  :lol

Funny about the African family I thought you were a lunatic aswel lol.   Great photos mate very jelous keep em coming

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »

An American thinking YOU were a lunatic ?  !@#

Love the photos, but being in line for a ride would drive me nuts ! The night photos are really colorful.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
Arrrrr - at last , a relaxing day - not.

Went shopping , took a cab to a place call The Block in Orange

I had been told there was a good skate shop thier , a VANS skate shop , and my son is into skating so we went to see if we could find a new deck.......once again , just like them hot dogs at Pinks we had a selection to choose from ....note the one to the right of his head

So what do ya need when you sell skateboards? Look through the back of this image and see if you can work it out ( this store is in a shopping centre remember )....

Well yeah , you need a FULL SIZE skate park - correct  - this place is a little insane :o

Got a great deck , top of range trux, bearings and wheels - for about $70.00 ( around $200 in Oz )

So Jake likes skate stuff - my daughter like shoes, like all women.....

So we found a few pairs of Converse, there were about 6 aisle like this in the shop , full of Converse....look at the Mrs, she actually looks confused.

But alas , this was not enough, so we headed to the Nike store where they had, oh you know , just a few more pairs laying around...., once again this Nike store had about 8 aisles like this.

Todays first WHAT THE F*CK moment arrived in the Nike store - shared socks
Maybe we have these in Oz - but I have never come across em and wouldnt go near them

SO I thought we were all shoe shopped out , we entered just one more shop and I heard the sounds of police and ambulance sirens, yes they were on the way as my wallet just had a heart attack when we entered this.....( yes this is all different angles of the ONE shop )

OMG I have NEVER EVER seen SO MANY shoes in my entire life

Todays 2nd WHAT THE F*CK moment came in a clothing shop - this was in the baby section....how funny is this.

After a MASSIVE spend we had lunch at Johhny Rockets, the place is set out like a classic old style diner ( I like that effect )....

They served the BEST , and I mean the BEST chocolate shake I have EVER tasted.

And then todays 3rd WHAT THE F*CK moment arrived - another tasty treat was spotted on the menu...remember this is a menu for milkshakes.

This arvo we collected the rental car, they took us out back and showed us a NICE big Ford truck , leather interior - GREAT vehicle, we got all excited and then they said 'sorry, we got mixed up, here is your Hyundai Sonata
It will do and it is brand new.

More soon guys

Hope your getting a laugh from this

Wotto
DW Drums rule !

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
Those crowds are insane  @.@
Keep up the photos mate they are great!
I remember we had a Johnny Rockets in Geelong a long time ago, used to make the best chilli fries (chips with a chilli bolognese sauce) mmmm

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »

Watcha doing in the "baby section" mate ? Is the holiday THAT good  @@* @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »
Ok  - if anyone is still following this thread , today we did a REALLY good LA City / Hollywood tour - it was something I booked from home and not one of the sleazy hollywood booked tours.....company is Grayline coaches and it was a FANTASTIC day...we saw HEAPS of area's from the founding street of LA city , Union Station, Hollywood, Sunset, Rodeo, Beverly Hills, Farmers Market Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier and heaps more......fruitcakes abounded today boys - here are some shots

I took HEAPS of shots but will just put some cool and funny ones up.

Firstly - here is a Bugatti parked in Rodeo Drive - worth a million?

Now I know you want to get to the nutjobs but here are some more serious shots first - got to Manns Chinese Theatre - it is a VERY busy place with LOADS of street 'hawkers' trying to get you to buy thier stuff/ take thier tours.....my Mrs got SMASHED by one of them and we ended up paying $20.00 just to get a picture with this dude dressed up as Zorro

This security dude was about to kick my arse for taking a photo in the shop
He had the SH*TS - U can see how happy he looks with me.

Now here is the first of the crazies and I have to say this was one of THE coolest and FUNNIEST things I have ever seen....I JUST got the photo's and nearly missed them completely so they arent great shots but this dude drives around Hollywood with 4 dogs in the back, he plays Snoop Dog tunes loud and the 4 dogs all sit up like people in the back.............all with sunnies on

These people need to add a line into thier anthem about loving junk food.
Here they are lining up on the street to buy a Pinks Hot Dog.

Talking of food - you want a toffee apple ?
These too are massive apples about the size of a rockmelon - all covered with tasty american treats.....

Todays WHAT THE F*CK item also invloves food - the image tells the story.

So then we hit the famous Santa Monica Pier.
Like everywhere else we have been , the crowds were light.

If ya come here you have to ride the famous old Ferris Wheel.

Now here is another one I am classing as a nutjob - this dude was just 'there' - he had no reason to be there, he was out of place as there were no others around and he did .....well............nothing, looks like this is just how he went to the beach for the day - hell , why not huh.

This chick was also at the pier - a dude through darts into her back  - WTF

if you come over here and feel a little lost or need help  - these 2 will comfort you.

Driving to Vegas tomorrow morning - beeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuty.
DW Drums rule !

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »
Great photos again Wotto. Any noticeable signs on how bad the econonmy is over there?

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 04:53:04 PM »
Great photos again Wotto. Any noticeable signs on how bad the econonmy is over there?

Noticeable -  - - - - no
But if you ask , you get told how 5000 people have moved out of Anaheim ( Disneyland town ) in the last few years due to lay-offs.
There are also HEAPS of places empty to rent in LA city.

But it isnt noticeable ( to us ) as EVERYWHERE is packed and every single restraunt is also jam packed at nearly ANY time of day.

I think my wife and daughter have propped up the US womens shoe industry single handedly though in the last 2 days  ^&^

I did however take some shots of the 'real' LA streets and suburbs from todays tour and it isnt all pretty mate.....

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:04:05 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
Great pics Wotto keep them coming  @@*.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »
Yeah from all the photos everywhere seemed packed and super sized, which is good to see. Don't think Vegas will be any quieter for you though  :lol, drive carefully

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 08:17:33 PM »
Now from my many hours of watching The Simpsons, I know the water in the toilet spins the opposite way over in the USA, but WHY is the middle traffic lamp red???

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »
Very entertaining thread Wotto.  Definitely the right time to be there with the dollar being so strong.  Is everything pretty cheap over there compared to Aus. or just some stuff?
Addicted to pins.