Author Topic: pinball prices.  (Read 178 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
pinball prices.
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
What would be worth more,if you were after a Paragon or an Eight Ball Deluxe [not the limited edition model],which machine would cost the most dollars.Both machines for example are unshopped,both in identical original condition,with excellent playfield,backglass and cab.I know it may vary but also which of these 2 titles is the more sought after by collectors.The reason for me asking is that after paying $2500 for my Paragon,which i consider to be in great condition,should i expect to pay a lot more for an Eight Ball Deluxe.I was originally thinking for one in the condition as mentioned,i would be looking at around the $2500 to $3000 mark. !@#.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: pinball prices.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »

A reconditioned Paragon completed to a high standard will fetch the $2000 mark. Really nice restored ones $2500 - $3000. Having said that, I've seen a few "as is" machines sell for $2000 and above, which is a bit of a joke (unless it is a holy grail machine). I know many collectors looking for Paragons, as dealers are asking for $3000 and even $4000 + for poor games.  The last eBay games would not have sold for more than $2200 - $2400. Two years ago, they were privatley changing hands for the same price. Supply has met demand.

Paragon - "the game" happens to be the "holy grail" of many collectors. These guys don't want the container machines that need HEAPS of work, they want restored games and are willing to pay high end restorers more than market value.

Eight Ball deluxe was a similar title. Highly sought after, but the games hitting eBay were REALLY nice - Repro playfields, resprays and more than just the "20 hours" to recondition. These were EASILY selling for $2600 +. Supply also met demand. Because repro parts are readily available, this game CAN command more than a Paragon - it is also more "well known" because of its predessor - Eight Ball !

Today's market, "apple for apple" they should be the same, maybe Eight Ball Deluxe has its nose in front as many have changed hands and they were all in great condition. Players PREFER Eight Ball Deluxe. Collectors prefer Paragon.

I own both and neither will leave my collection.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia