Author Topic: Player 1 pinball comp this Sat in Sydney  (Read 1963 times)

Offline andrew (nob)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Player 1 pinball comp this Sat in Sydney
« on: April 08, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »
Just saw this on aussiearcade.com.... no idea why it wasnt posted on aussiepinball.
I'm not sure of $20 to play for a trophy though.

andrew

The pinball masters competition april 9th

Hi Guys,

The first Player One "Pinball Masters" tournament will be held at the Lansdowne Hotel 2 City Rd Broadway, Sydney on the 9th April. It is open to all comers newbies and pro's alike!

Depending on the turnout, the field may be split into two divisions after an initial qualifying round, A for the top half of the field and B for the second half.

Once again the following framework will depend on numbers, if we have less than 14 we will only have one division.

1st Round – Each player plays each machine once, you are awarded a score depending on your placement, for each machine. So your 3 placings are added together to give your final score.

Eg. CFTBL – 5th, LOTR – 3rd , AFM – 7th = 15 Final score for the round. Basically the lower your final score the higher you will place in the end round. In the situation of a tied final score placings will then be determined by adding the actual games scores together.

The field is then split into 2 categories A and B. A consists of the top half placegetters and B the bottom half.

Semi Final – Groups A and B then face off in their own groups and scores are determined as in the first round.

Final round – From the semi final the top 3 place getters from each group will now play on one machine in a three player game to determine the overall winners.

Rules may be subject to change on the day. Any machine malfunctions will void game in play.

Group A and B three top placegetters will receive trophies. Cost of entry will be $20 payable on the day when you register. Registration will start at 12 along with warm up, the siverball will fly a 1pm sharp so try to arrive with time up your sleeve. Parking is a bit of a pain around the Lansdowne, but you could possibly park in the Broadway shopping centre, or along City Road adjacent to Victoria Park alternatively there are heaps of buses that stop out the front.

Hope to see plenty of pinheads there for a fun afternoon hitting the ramps and to blow the froth off a couple of cheeky middies!

Scott
    Player One
    0414 463 792

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:17:59 PM by Strangeways »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Player 1 pinball comp this Sat in Sydney
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »

Is there an "Official" link to this "competition" - Not just a link to other forums' thread please  *%*

Who is organising the event ?

Do they have a website ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline RGR

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »
Its Scott from player one. No website.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
I really don't want to stir anyone up but I do find this animosity between some members on AA vs some members on this fourm ridiiculous.
Most of us are happy to be members and participate in both . 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
I really don't want to stir anyone up but I do find this animosity between some members on AA vs some members on this fourm ridiiculous.
Most of us are happy to be members and participate in both . 

I simply wanted to know if it is an event organised for the entire community - that's why I asked if there was a website - "Pinball Master's" is Micheal Shalhoub's Busines name and there is nothing on his website denoting such an event.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 12:08:41 AM »
Andrew(Nob) is relatively new to the Aussie Pinball site and he may not have known that a small percentage of members from the other forum dont like it when someone on here posts info from the AA site on Aussie Pinball (or vice a versa) . 99 percent of people dont mind at all, but some people get upset.  !@#

In Nino's (Strangeways) defence, (not that he needs my help) but to me, as a responsible moderator,he was politely looking for another independant scource for the info, so no-one from the other forum got upset with Andrews post. I dont think there are any problems between the forums at all, most people have many good friends who belong to one or both of the forums. Both are great for pinball.

It was good to see that a competition in Sydney might go ahead. Sounds like alot of fun for all pinheads.

It would be nice to know, if the competition is open for everybody, regardless of forum membership. Might be good if someone who knows Michael, gave him a yell.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

Guys this comp is open to everyone and anyone , Scott is a operator and DIDNT know about AP  or even AA ( till 2 weeks ago)
having Just spoken to Scott , he is happy for anyone to play and turn up ,

please dont turn this into a AA vs AP  again ,  its Pinball  its meant to be fun

its for everyone

a big well done must be said to Scott for trying something and doing this

Scott is a very nice guy  and will talk to anyone.

maybe someone and can take pictures and load them for us that cant go this weekend

have a few beers and a game of pinball , now thats to me will be fun
hope he has enough time to fit the new rails and lock bar on his TOM for the day

mark
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:41:27 AM by Admin »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
The old 'us and them' thing again. well they are us and we are them ????? no wait we are thus and they are we  !@#  ^&^
Back on topic now, It would nice to see some photos of this event or know the out come. Also it would be great if one was organised for QLD and the other states.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »
Well done Mark for posting. Well done to Scott for getting it up n going.  ^^^

Looks like the Sydney guys will have lots of fun. A great chance to meet lots of other pinball enthusiasts.

If any AP members attend, dont be shy with the camera.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
I think scott just called the event "pinball masters" without meaning to reference michaels business "the pinball master".

Anyway, there were 13 people in the comp. twas open to anyone and everyone. I got to meet some people from nearby who were into the game.

The comp started at 1pm with 12-1pm for 'practice' and ran until about 5pm.

Both the operator and the pub were pleased with the turnout and look at having similar comps in the future.

Now, I wasnt aware of AA until a friend told me the link for the comp was over there - i kept looking here for info on the comp. As a "pinball" person i wouldnt have even assumed there was pinball stuff on AA. I did mention this forum to scott, who will post stuff here in future.

Saturday was the first time I met scott, and I agree with Mark - he's a nice guy.

Offline Skyntara

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 01:36:35 AM »
I went along. Had a great time. I was Clancy - yellow motorbike pants.

Good event. Look forward to the next one. Thanks to Scott for organising!

Sadly I didn't play my best in the comp.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »
Hi guys

Anyone have any photos to post?

What machines were part of the comp?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »
Hi guys

Anyone have any photos to post?

What machines were part of the comp?

There were some photos taken on the afternoon, and i believe they were posted on the 'other forum'.

The three machines were;
Lord of the Rings
Attack from Mars
Theatre of Magic.

Was it a fun day? Hell yeah.

andrew