Author Topic: Better later than never - my intro to th forum  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Replicas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • North West England
Re: Better later than never - my intro to th forum
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 03:22:52 AM »
 %)% To Aussie Pinball John.
D.

Offline JRK1971

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
Surfer looks great, fun game too.

+1

Looks to be in top condition. Just wondering if you documented the restore ? If you did - post a new "restore" thread in the "Restorations" section. EM restores have a lot of "love" in these parts  #@#

Sorry guys, bought the Surfer as-is. Am going to do some repaint work on the Countdown and Meteor, will post info on these as I do. I did take some minor pics of the Countdown re-wire and board repairs, can give some advice on this stuff if needed (Gottlieb connectors, MPU chipset removals etc).

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
Welcome to AP your making a good start to yor mid life crisis ^^^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

The Meteor plays well, just need to change a couple of incorred playfield parts and fix what I think is a power supply issue (machine resets intermittantly when RH flippers are activated).

$.$%)%. nice intro, I always love a trip down memory lane  ()
Regarding the reset when the right flipper is pressed check that the diodes on the flipper coil are soldered on to the coil tabs and haven't broken off. if they are soldered correctly replace them and see if it still happens.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline JRK1971

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 12:10:24 AM »
Beaky,
Thanks for the advice re the diodes on the flippers. Chucked in an new set tonight and machine hasn't failed since, its probably a bit early to say definitely fixed, but definitely looking good  #*#

B.T.W. Just fired up the Countdown. Its been about 18 years since I played it, i rebuilt the electronics 3 years ago and never finished it off. Just put a rubber kit in it and played a few games.... Far out what a blast. $#$