Author Topic: Coin op XXX fun!!! NOW WORKING!!!!!  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Coin op XXX fun!!!
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Bit of an update on this project...

dad and i have tripped the power to the house several times... kids hate it as the TV goes off apparently! LOL!

This machine is far more complicated than i ever thought... the lack of information on any of these certainly doesnt help and so  we have to work something out.. rethink it and rethink again.

The power supply has been cleaned up. The old twin blade fuses have been replaced with retro looking 5A trip switches.. they look the part and also slotted directly into the existing holes meaning i didnt have to drill anything out.
OLD SUPPLY

NEW SUPPLY

There are 2 off 240V coils at the top... as a coin is dropped, the coil latches on and holds... this allows power to the motor on the projector, transformer and also an old bakelite micro switch.
When the micro switch is latched OFF it energises the second coil and cuts all power.

My valves arrive tomorrow... all seems good with the valve amp, but until the valves are in place its not all guaranteed.

Here she is in place waiting for the new ones

The projector sits on the bottom... originally it sat on some sort of plinth. You can see a square of bare timber where the paint is missing... we will have to build something up here.

Now heres some trickery..

The projector shoots the film straight forward... you can see here a bracket of sorts that must have  held a mirror

This reflected the pictures up to another mirror that sat in a bracket that tilts

Its a very convaluted way to project the picture, but meant that the film did not have to have all the titles in reverse as its reflected twice!

The film is on a continuous loop... trying to work this out hurt mine and my dads head.... we finally figured out something that would work... the film is fed from the centre and then returned to the outside of the reel.. and then i found this picture... its EXACTLY what we worked out which makes me bloody clever!

I took the header off.. and there is our evidence of a paint over... note there are 6 holes in the top. The header only has 4 in it, which means that the original one has been removed and another with differing mounting holes put in its place. Note the runs on the dark orange also... good old hand painting!.Originally, the cabinet had light orange with a black strip... the rest is an add on

Heres the header off with the plate brass badge removed.. this will be cleaned up and polished.

I found this picture on Marvins site ( whats left of it) and i THINK my machine is meant to look more like this with a taller header advertising the actual film being played

Pretty soon... we should be able to watch some filthy smut on this old girl... i do need a new bulb though as mine is blown... this has to come from USA so here is my first delay in getting this running.

More soon....