Author Topic: Coming Soon!  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Coming Soon!
« on: June 04, 2010, 06:24:12 AM »

It's working (with a minor bug or two.) We'll refine the functionality and then start testing. No SMC card required. No hacked router. No card reader required. No cost to existing owners  *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 08:53:17 AM »
Classic, this is a fantastic piece of progress Chuck!   #*# #*# #*# #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Private Gimp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 01:57:58 PM »
This is excellent news, keep at it.

Iam looking forward to getting a Nucore when Iam cashed up enough.
Just wondering, how would these and any future upgrades be rolled out to those that already have the Nucore system?
Would any future purchases of the Nucore system include these upgrades/updates?
Are the upgrades going to be at additional cost?

Kind regards and thanks for making this brilliant system,

Cliff

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:20 PM »
Potentially upgrades could be rolled out via the internet, as the system is based on Linux.

But I will wait to see what Chuck says.

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:31:40 AM »
This is excellent news, keep at it.

Iam looking forward to getting a Nucore when Iam cashed up enough.
Just wondering, how would these and any future upgrades be rolled out to those that already have the Nucore system?
Would any future purchases of the Nucore system include these upgrades/updates?
Are the upgrades going to be at additional cost?

Kind regards and thanks for making this brilliant system,

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of town for a few days shooting a movie for a contest (actually I was the audio engineer.)

Up to this point all of the upgrades have been free. The next version 2.0 with support for internet based tournaments will also be free. The only thing we *may* charge for in the future is adding new gameplay elements. An example of this would be all new game code for the Revenge from Mars playfield. Generally bug fixes and core improvements will be free. Updates are available from our web site www.bigguyspinball.com. You just need to go there, download the update to a usb drive, and the run the update procedure from the machine. It's very easy. In the future we may enable updates directly to the machine from our site.

Thanks for the interest and if you have any more questions let me know.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
Hi Chuck,

read your last reponse and was a little unclear of what you meant by playfield code upgrades for RFM. Does this refer to additional missions in gameplay or something else? thanks
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
Hi Chuck,

read your last reponse and was a little unclear of what you meant by playfield code upgrades for RFM. Does this refer to additional missions in gameplay or something else? thanks

That was referring to my desire to use a RFM playfield and write totally new code for it. So you would use the same playfield but have totally new gameplay.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
Hi Chuck,

That was referring to my desire to use a RFM playfield and write totally new code for it. So you would use the same playfield but have totally new gameplay.
Thanks Chuck, sounds like a great idea where you can have two games for the price of one in effect. Just my opinion, but I think a nice challenging mini game would be a good addition to the theme like a shoot 'em up space invader type you know what I mean. Standard DMD's tried with fairly lame attempts where this platform can be a lot more sophisticated in visuals as well as game play.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:54:17 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium