Author Topic: Your pinball settings  (Read 720 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Your pinball settings
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
Hi guys

Just been wondering what do you guys set your 90's pinball settings to, as I only have 2 machines that are adjustable Bally - CFTBL and WMS - WW so not sure how the 80's and late 90's games can be setup to.

Do you set it to tournament mode to practise for any comps or do you set up differently.

I suppose the thread on recording scores here on AP spurred me on, along with that recent comp in Sydney (not that I went but would love to get involved in one if it happened again in Sydney or Newcastle areas).
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Your pinball settings
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:50:31 PM »
I tend to set the DMDs up to fairly hard. Tournament mode mostly turns off random special awards (like extra balls sort of things) to keep it fair. As I don't have the skill or inclination to compete, if I do ever stumble into a competition I'll rely on my natural inabilities to be back at the bar drinking early on.. .. ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Your pinball settings
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:11:30 AM »
I set up all my post 1980 games to 3 balls
after that, I alter the settings to make the game a challenge, but keep it fun

not much help, but I just play for the fun of it