Author Topic: What is a Getaway worth? Is a good play?  (Read 389 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
What is a Getaway worth? Is a good play?
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you with a Getaway or experience on one can tell me what one is worth and if it a bit of fun? as I have my eye on one in Ebay in Melbourne at the moment.

Any thoughts / help much appreciated.

Jady
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: What is a Getaway worth? Is a good play?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »
Getaway is a good fun game with some nice features.  Watch for insert wear on these as quite common.  If you can find a good playfield without wear then its certainly worth a look.  Wayne's decals for these are relatively cheap (compared to what they were O/S) and the quality is absolutely outstanding.

Most have bad cab fade so I would think for one 'as is' privately should be between $1900 to $2500 (with good playfield and mars lamp present / working / dome not broken).  If the decals have been done then I would expect to pay $3000ish.  Dealers seem to ask silly prices.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:04:41 PM »
Getaway is a good fun game with some nice features.  Watch for insert wear on these as quite common.  If you can find a good playfield without wear then its certainly worth a look.  Wayne's decals for these are relatively cheap (compared to what they were O/S) and the quality is absolutely outstanding.

Most have bad cab fade so I would think for one 'as is' privately should be between $1900 to $2500 (with good playfield and mars lamp present / working / dome not broken).  If the decals have been done then I would expect to pay $3000ish.  Dealers seem to ask silly prices.

+1

Fun game like Terminator 2. I really enjoy Getaway and Marty is spot on with the pricing. They appear on eBay often, and change hands privately. Dealers overprice this title for some reason.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
If it was an original unfaded cabinet (not redecalled) with good playfield and all working, what kind of price should that achieve?

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »
It would get a minimum of 3k on ebay.  Maybe closer to $3500.  I think it is pretty shallow and far to pricey for what it is but people seem to hold on to them.  I got rid of mine a few weeks after getting it.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
Agree with the pricing, these seem to fetch $3000 at auction almost without fail as they are very popular, but you should be able to pick one up cheaper privately. And the cabinet does always seem to be faded on these.

It is a fast game, and a lot of fun. It is challenging to achieve both the Multiball and Redline Mania in the same three-ball game, and it is even more challenging to achieve Super Jackpots as you have to keep the balls alive during either of these, but if you do you can score 100 million with one shot. (Haven't done this too often...) Once Multiball and Redline Mania are achieved, the count on both restarts, and in a three-ball game I don't think I have ever achieved a second Redline Mania, although I have achieved a second Multiball.

Yes, the ruleset is not overly deep, but for good fast challenging pinball Getaway is right up there. It will hone your reflexes!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
Great, fast game, not super deep, but good modes, accessable for noobs visiting, but also a challenge for the more experienced player, you still need to work to get redline mania. 
Coolest pf toy (until recently, love the mini pinball on FG)  Whats not to like about a supercharger mounted above the PF acelerating the ball around.
Typical Steve Ritchie, smooth loops and shots, flows so well when you get the loop shots continuously.
Great theme. Great music ZZ Top La Grange
Great light show for extra balls and jackpots, the S-U-P-E-R-J-A-C-K-P-O-T animation and light show is one of the best of any pin I have played.
I own one, have considered selling, but then I play it again and have a real good game and remember how much fun it is  *%*

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:56:23 PM »
Great, fast game, not super deep, but good modes, accessable for noobs visiting, but also a challenge for the more experienced player, you still need to work to get redline mania. 
Coolest pf toy (until recently, love the mini pinball on FG)  Whats not to like about a supercharger mounted above the PF acelerating the ball around.
Typical Steve Ritchie, smooth loops and shots, flows so well when you get the loop shots continuously.
Great theme. Great music ZZ Top La Grange
Great light show for extra balls and jackpots, the S-U-P-E-R-J-A-C-K-P-O-T animation and light show is one of the best of any pin I have played.
I own one, have considered selling, but then I play it again and have a real good game and remember how much fun it is  *%*

Ah yes, forgot to mention all that stuff!

I don't really see myself moving mine on, it is too much fun.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
$2750 - $3000 i'd say for a nice Getaway.

I'm a big car nut and couldn't wait to play a Getaway, but when i did i felt the game was a big let down. I passed on one
and bought a Corvette which IMO is a far better game and theme. I sold my nice Corvette for $3000 late last year.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 10:32:27 PM »
I have seen plenty of Getaway HS2 sell for $1800 to $2500 in excellent condition.
As everyone says, cabinets always faded. Only seen a couple without faded cabs and expect to pay extra $400 ish.

Just buy one and redecall it to make a real nice one. Plenty parts avail and chrome stuff as well for supercharger area.   #*#
Watch the promo video. Link below.  ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
Thanks for the info and unfortunately did not get it, but hopefully someone here was lucky enough. Ended up selling I think just under $2300.

So if anyone in the Newcastle to Sydney area wants to sell one let me know.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts