Author Topic: 1950's Pinball & Bingo Documentation  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: 1950's Pinball & Bingo Documentation
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
Batesford  where I work didn't get power till 1958 I'm told not sure about the city

Geez - image being a youngster growing up without electricity. Kids would actually have to go outside and occupy themselves  ^^^

OK - I've emailed Steve Young regarding the book.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 12:28:33 PM »
It would be a real shame if kids had to go outside wouldn't it

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 01:32:56 PM »
When our gilrs were younger (now almost 18 and 16) they used to play outside all the time (we didn't buy them a PS2 for years after they wanted one) .. one day a neighbour from way up the street was walking past and commented to us how great she always thought it was to see our kids playing outside 
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline justwedgeheads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »
Millsy and Daniel,I got a mint,original copy of the 1964 Service manual from US ebay about six weeks ago.It sure is a useful read.I paid $28 US.They do appear from time to time and there has been another one since I bought my copy.Ian #*#
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:35:51 PM by justwedgeheads »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
When our gilrs were younger (now almost 18 and 16) they used to play outside all the time (we didn't buy them a PS2 for years after they wanted one) .. one day a neighbour from way up the street was walking past and commented to us how great she always thought it was to see our kids playing outside 
our kids don't play out side very often. its not that they don't want to its just every time something gets broken or goes missing in our neighbour's yards our kids get the blame for it even if my wife or myself are out there watching them and we know they haven't entered the yards they still get the blame. I will admit one of our kids did break a swan that was next door 2 years ago (it was already cracked before my kid touched it so the head just snapped off) my eldest son got the blame for egging a neighbours car even though he never went out side that night and none of the eggs were missing from the carton in the fridge.  !@# work that one out.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 06:33:07 PM »
our kids don't play out side very often. its not that they don't want to its just every time something gets broken or goes missing in our neighbour's yards our kids get the blame for it even if my wife or myself are out there watching them and we know they haven't entered the yards they still get the blame. I will admit one of our kids did break a swan that was next door 2 years ago (it was already cracked before my kid touched it so the head just snapped off) my eldest son got the blame for egging a neighbours car even though he never went out side that night and none of the eggs were missing from the carton in the fridge.  !@# work that one out.

Mate .. thats a bloody sad story .. something wrong with your neighbours me thinks .. luckily we only have one annoying neighbour that none of us , that live around him , get along with
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
Batesford  where I work didn't get power till 1958 I'm told not sure about the city

Geez - image being a youngster growing up without electricity. Kids would actually have to go outside and occupy themselves  ^^^

OK - I've emailed Steve Young regarding the book.

If I have ever seen a document that is crying out for a reprint/reproduction or just plain copying this is it!!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:37 PM »

Another folder found and this one is of particular importance and interest. There are a few Bingos that have been "locked away" in another storage building. They were packed up and placed in a room that has been locked since 1986. No one has been in this room since then, but this folder below holds the inventory of machines that are in storage. These are all complete and were working at the time they were dismantled and stored.

Here is a picture of the "ancient" folder !

The list of machines stored, with a "C" for "Circuit Diagram" and "WM" for "Workshop Manual"

Some of the manuals as removed from the folder

I confimed with Dad that the machines listed in this folder are in fact in storage. In addition, I have two "Big Show" and one "Miami Beach" stored elsewhere.

The list of Games

Miami Beach
Big Show
Miss America
Night Club
Ballerina
Show Time
Cypress Gardens
Key West
Beach Time
Laguna Beach
Curcus Queen
Roller Derby
Super Jumbo
Carnival Queen

Nip It is a Bally EM Pinball, to which Dad had two, but both are gone a long time ago. There are still one or two unaccounted for.

I will be relocating these games as soon as I have room in the storgae building (just down the road).

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 09:25:41 PM »
Cypress Gardens brings back memories - fed many 10c coins into it back in the late sixties.
Never played Nip-It, would like to have a game on it, seems to be highly rated.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:27:29 PM by millsy »
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:08 PM »
Just give me the key mate and ill sort it all out for you... thats what mates do for each other... help out like   ^^^ ^^^ #@# ^^^ ^^^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
Some really interesting stuff Nino, must be great sorting through it all

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »

Received a reply from Steve Young. I have to contact GTB LLC direct. The GTB manual was reproduced, but demand was low due to "on online guides" etc. I will chase it up.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:41 AM »
 Really looking forward to the day you open your family time capsule Nino how exciting will it be to open