Author Topic: FT Flipper Rebuild now balls go flying!  (Read 243 times)

Offline Skyntara

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
FT Flipper Rebuild now balls go flying!
« on: May 17, 2011, 10:03:46 AM »
Hi Guys,

Found out my fishtales had two wrong flipper coils in it so I replaced them with the correct ones and did a flipper rebuild at the same time. New flippers feel great, a little too great. In spite of raising the angle on the play field the new flippers can still pop balls out of the ramp/habitrail if you absolutely nail a boat shot.

I have taken the boat plastic apart and tried to get the angles for boat to ramp to habitrail nice and smooth, which made it a lot better, but if you nail the ball up there it can still pop out of either side.

I don't really want the flippers too much weaker than they are as they feel great. Any other solution?

As a side note, sometimes when the ball goes around the boat really fast it doesn't trigger the switches for the school of fish. I've tried bending the tabs on the switches up to force it to make contact but it still doesn't trigger sometimes. This was happening before the rebuild on suitably speedy shots.

Cheers

Clancy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:05:32 AM by Skyntara »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: FT Flipper Rebuild now balls go flying!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:03:32 PM »
Clance, do u have the clear plastic guards installed on the boat ramp ? They were designed to stop the ball flying out if I am reading the problem correctly.  !@#

Also, they are avail from Marco Spec. $8 a pair

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=CA%2DCP%2DFT%2DRM

Also, perhaps the switches have had their day and may need replacing after many years of working. Cheap to replace n easy to fit new ones.
If it trips every time with your finger, they shld be good to keep. If they are hit n miss with finger trigger, just replace. Hope it helps.  ^^^

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:11:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Skyntara

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
Wow,

I always wondered what those holes were for.

Guess I'm ordering some guards.

My ramps are not in the best shape, where is the best place to get some more of them?

Cheers

Clancy

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
Wow,

I always wondered what those holes were for.

Guess I'm ordering some guards.

My ramps are not in the best shape, where is the best place to get some more of them?

Cheers

Clancy

marco sell the ramps also
or you could try
BAA
littleshopofgames.com
MadAmusements.com
as far as I know the clear plastics are included with the ramps  ( but best to ask )

or the manufacturer  pinballinc.com they sell direct and I know they include the clear plastics
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 04:21:11 PM by Greg »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia